Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/8/2022 8:13 am  #26

Re: Dundee United Vs AZ Alkmaar - Thursday 4/8/22 (8PM)

Hopefully we are very cautious and cagey this evening.  We must stay in the tie as long as possible and put as much doubt in their minds as possible.
The crowd need to accept that 0-0 would be a very good result.

04/8/2022 8:50 am  #27

Stillliving wrote:

Hopefully we are very cautious and cagey this evening.  We must stay in the tie as long as possible and put as much doubt in their minds as possible.

Fuck that, let's get right into them from the off, cautious and cagey wins nothing mate.

04/8/2022 9:01 am  #28

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

Fuck that, let's get right into them from the off, cautious and cagey wins nothing mate.

Yeah I agree, we know they can play football so we need to be right in there faces from the start and not let them dictate the play but a 0-0 draw would not be the end of the world.

Last edited by BMT (04/8/2022 9:03 am)

04/8/2022 11:28 am  #29

Game is now a sell out.

Great effort by the fans.

04/8/2022 12:40 pm  #30

We need to play this one like we played the old firm all of last season at Tannadice.  AZ won't be any better than the old firm.  So I do think cautious and cagey is the right approach, mixed with courageous and committed.  A 1-0 win would be a great result.

04/8/2022 1:12 pm  #31

Just like when playing the old firm we will need to be up in there faces and hustling for the whole 90 minutes, it we sit back and watch what they can do, we can expect them to hit a few past us.

I looked back to see when we last won a tie of equivalent stature to this one, and was surprised to find we haven't gone through against anyone of similar pedigree since 1987.  Some credible performances since then, (and some absolute stinkers), but I really hadn't been aware just how badly we have done in Europe since I was a child

04/8/2022 1:22 pm  #32

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Game is now a sell out.

More tickets just been made available in Jerry Kerr

04/8/2022 2:48 pm  #33

Snacks94 wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Game is now a sell out.

More tickets just been made available in Jerry Kerr

Still a bit baffled that we've had to keep 3 massive sections of the JK empty. 

04/8/2022 10:41 pm  #34

Absolutely fantastic.

What a goal and what a performance.

Not a failure in the team.

We can win this tie.

04/8/2022 10:45 pm  #35

👏👏👏

What a performance. Every one to a man.

And a goal of the season contender too

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

04/8/2022 10:50 pm  #36

What a night at Tanny that was. Players and fans superb.

A special European night under the lights, again. So good.

Thank you DUFC.

SRYB

04/8/2022 10:52 pm  #37

Now that was more like it. The real Dundee United.

Too much commotion

04/8/2022 11:59 pm  #38

Dave Narey and big Welshy also on the pitch.

What a night.

05/8/2022 12:01 am  #39

Absolute fair fucks to Craig sibbald absolutely immense tonight.

05/8/2022 1:03 am  #40

A professional, mature and (surprisingly) street wise performance against a good and established name in European football.

No real failures tonight but special mention goes to Birighitti, Levitt and Fletcher. All immense.

Freeman too. Played out of position in a huge match for the club and didn't look out of place.

The whole team worked so hard off the ball and pressed them brilliantly from 1st minute to last.

A brilliant and memorable Euro night at Tannadice. 

05/8/2022 5:10 am  #41

I was worried when we didn't touch the ball inside the first minute and a half.

Saw plenty of it afterwards!

Great, high-intesity performance. We always seem at our best when we press hard and keep the intensity up.

Still a lot of work to do and I think they will be better. But I also think we will be better. Nothing to fear.

Love the new additions. This has the makings of being a right good team. Another option up top and maybe another centre half, but as things stand, I'm pretty happy. Hoped Davie Narey had come out to warm up, right enough.

Unbelievable support tonight. Unfortunately the live video feed didn't show the pre-match display put on by the display team. Anyone have any photos?

05/8/2022 7:21 am  #42

SuperMario wrote:

Absolute fair fucks to Craig sibbald absolutely immense tonight.

Yeah thought he was really good last night as was Ian when he played deeper when Craig went off.

05/8/2022 9:12 am  #43

Personal reasons kept me away from the game last night, i just want to say what a pleasure it was to watch the outstanding support given to the team last night.......was an amazing backing that will be envied across Scotland....SRYB

05/8/2022 10:36 am  #44

Well that was a brah moonlicht nicht was it no.

Eh was pretty nervy for the 1st 10 mins. They seemed to hae maest oe the ba, but then the balance turned.

We defended well. TBH Dinna think any oe the keepers had many saves to mak. There wisna a lot oe attempts on target fae either side. Twa or 3 mibbee.

They were a good passing team but canna say much mair than that aboot them.

Bra bit oe individual play fae Middleton jist before he scored. Neat wee move fae McGrath. Can we have some more please.

A warm word to the Shed boys per se.  But whar are ye week to week ?

Anychunt got any ideas how the saets were empty between the JK and the Fair  Play.  Eh thought it was a selloot.

MOTM for me Sibbald.

05/8/2022 10:37 am  #45

05/8/2022 9:24 pm  #46

Watched the goal time and again - thing of great beauty.
Anyway -
Birighitti (Ashgar signing), rapid distribution to Levitt (Ashgar signing), 40 yards across field to Middleton (Ashgar signing) to Middleton (Ashgar signing) , does old fashion winger thing and jinks past two, lays it off to McGrath (Ashgar signing just subbed on by JR - Ashgar appointment.)     McGrath places a peach of a delicate falling away instep to Middleton who's had the the vision to run inside to the middle to pick it up. Middleton curls it around two and goalie to left hand corner.
.... Credit where credit's due - got to put it down to you Tony.  You cop all the criticism, but fair play, you get all the plaudits for all the quality signings.

Edit. Rags to riches, or is that mebbe going a bit far ?   
But on the basis of that performance we're now at the stage where we've a good squad, JR spoiled for choice and being able to pick a side to suit opposition.......  Nah, given injuries/resting Fletcher & Mulgrew suffice to say we're looking good.   Oh and forgot about the Ozzie wing back yet to come once TA sorts that out. 

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (05/8/2022 9:39 pm)

05/8/2022 11:07 pm  #47

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Anyway -
Birighitti (Ashgar signing), rapid distribution to Levitt (Ashgar signing), 40 yards across field to Middleton (Ashgar signing) to Middleton (Ashgar signing) , does old fashion winger thing and jinks past two, lays it off to McGrath (Ashgar signing just subbed on by JR - Ashgar appointment.)     McGrath places a peach of a delicate falling away instep to Middleton who's had the the vision to run inside to the middle to pick it up. Middleton curls it around two and goalie to left hand corner.
.... Credit where credit's due - got to put it down to you Tony.  You cop all the criticism, but fair play, you get all the plaudits for all the quality signings.

But on the basis of that performance we're now at the stage where we've a good squad, JR spoiled for choice and being able to pick a side to suit opposition.......  Nah, given injuries/resting Fletcher & Mulgrew suffice to say we're looking good.   Oh and forgot about the Ozzie wing back yet to come once TA sorts that out. 

Nicely put, Tony 😉

06/8/2022 2:59 am  #48

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Anyway -

Nicely put, Tony 😉

.... What is it wi you mate ?

06/8/2022 11:54 am  #49

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Anyway -

Nicely put, Tony 😉

Sorry, I was only joking around as if I had posted what you did, I'd have been accused of being Tony. For what it's worth I wholeheartedly agree with every word you wrote.

06/8/2022 6:14 pm  #50

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Nicely put, Tony 😉

Sorry, I was only joking around as if I had posted what you did, I'd have been accused of being Tony. For what it's worth I wholeheartedly agree with every word you wrote.

It made me laugh

Board footera