Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/7/2022 2:34 pm  #826

Re: Summer Transfer Window

MockChop wrote:

that’s how we got Levitt.

If that's true then it sure worked out for the best 😂 maybe we should have done it then!!

22/7/2022 5:29 pm  #827

LarsErikKjell wrote:

MockChop wrote:

If that's true then it sure worked out for the best 😂 maybe we should have done it then!!

Surely your assumption is the only way we find players is by other teams rocking up on our doorstep. What if a young Messi is playing at West ham and we hadn't scouted him - would you want us to refuse to look at him in training? Absurd.

If a player falls into our path, it would be remiss of the club NOT to look into it

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

22/7/2022 6:16 pm  #828

Tangy wrote:

LarsErikKjell wrote:

MockChop wrote:

Surely your assumption is the only way we find players is by other teams rocking up on our doorstep. What if a young Messi is playing at West ham and we hadn't scouted him - would you want us to refuse to look at him in training? Absurd.

If a player falls into our path, it would be remiss of the club NOT to look into it

Confused about what your point is. But obviously if a potentially good, available player falls on your doorstep then you have a look.

My point was that we should have already known about these players through research. And not relying on Teams turning up at our doorstep. If it can work both ways though then of course I'm all for it.

22/7/2022 6:38 pm  #829

I guess our scouting network is limited and we can't scout every premiership reserve or youth...

Just sometimes you spend a long time on things, sometimes they land in your lap.

22/7/2022 6:47 pm  #830

Tangy wrote:

I guess our scouting network is limited and we can't scout every premiership reserve or youth...

Just sometimes you spend a long time on things, sometimes they land in your lap.

True mate. You never know, maybe we'll see a random West Ham loan out of nowhere and we'll know that we took advantage of it.

22/7/2022 7:13 pm  #831

Mark Connolly been recalled from Dundalk.

23/7/2022 2:31 am  #832

A Utd XI played an Arsenal XI earlier today (4-1 loss).

Supposedly both Ugandan trialists played the match and both impressed (Anaku scored our goal).

Word is they are both gonna be offered deals.

23/7/2022 2:38 am  #833

KdyArab wrote:

Think Utd are (quite correctly) trying to get a fee out of Dundalk to sign him now, rather than keep loaning him to them for free.

He's won their leagues player of the Month twice now, so obviously doing well for them.

23/7/2022 6:41 am  #834

Tek wrote:

KdyArab wrote:

Think Utd are (quite correctly) trying to get a fee out of Dundalk to sign him now, rather than keep loaning him to them for free.

He's won their leagues player of the Month twice now, so obviously doing well for them.

Agreed and if that is what the motive if recalling him, then well played.

This ain't no free ride!

23/7/2022 1:12 pm  #835

MockChop wrote:

I totally understand we have until the end of August.
But I also know there was 3/4 areas we badly needed quality in.

And a big game at the start of August.

My worry is that it’s late in August before we get players in and by that time we could be well off the mark in terms of points on the board.

24/7/2022 1:14 am  #836

We’re crying out for a striker, winger and attacking mid. 7 days lads, good luck
With that.

24/7/2022 10:57 am  #837

Apparently Brighton want Cudjoe

24/7/2022 11:23 am  #838

Better start January window search Tony ..

24/7/2022 7:05 pm  #839

Charles dunne and Martin Boyle at Aberdeenshire game today.... they are spending bigggg

I'd like to see another signing or two early this week

25/7/2022 8:47 am  #840

We really are slow in getting deals done and now I'm hearing murmurs of frustration from JR who wants to hit ground running but the best eleven at his disposal  looks unbalanced and soft. McGrath and Middleton talks have stalled, we are chasing around looking at loan deals, there was even talk a few weeks back of McNulty playing off Fletcher which changed to Clark. Now it looks like we will have target man Fletcher on his own supported by midfield runners.

We need to get deals done now otherwise, by the time any newbies are in and up to speed, we'll be out of Europe and league cup, and going to Motherwell sitting with 2 or 3 points in the league at best.
No joke come October we may well have Pawlett, Harkes, Watt, Fletcher and Clark as starters. God knows who will be in defence as enquiries made for Graham and Edwards.
Dont know about you lot but I'm getting the fear here.
Cue the stay calm and see what happens brigade all telling me to top up my half empty glass

25/7/2022 9:02 am  #841

All I would say is that if you look back on the forum 12 months to just before the Rangers game, you will see the same things being posted, almost verbatim.

*Not enough signings
*If we don't win next week it'll be a full on crisis
*Manager under threat already
*Team heading for relegation

Now I'm not saying we'll finish fourth again but I am saying take a deep breath, trust in the process, and at least withhold judgement until we've played some competitive games *.

Thank you.

*To the "eh will do and say what eh want" brigade, the above is merely a suggestion.

Last edited by AlwaysUnited (25/7/2022 9:05 am)

25/7/2022 9:34 am  #842

Tangy wrote:

Charles dunne and Martin Boyle at Aberdeenshire game today.... they are spending bigggg

I'd like to see another signing or two early this week

They will go to Celtic Park next week and get 4.

25/7/2022 10:11 am  #843

AlwaysUnited wrote:

All I would say is that if you look back on the forum 12 months to just before the Rangers game, you will see the same things being posted, almost verbatim.

*Not enough signings
*If we don't win next week it'll be a full on crisis
*Manager under threat already
*Team heading for relegation

Now I'm not saying we'll finish fourth again but I am saying take a deep breath, trust in the process, and at least withhold judgement until we've played some competitive games *.

Thank you.

*To the "eh will do and say what eh want" brigade, the above is merely a suggestion.

You keep banging the we finished 4th drum all you want, most knowledgeable fans recognise we could easily have finished bottom half.
Yes we got back up and we consolidated but based solely on the goalkeeper and defending for our lives.
I can accept that against the uglies but not against any others in this league. Truth be told we probably played better against them than the rest and that stinks of lacking on field leaders to boot asses.
Setting up to counter attack is in our dna, but we have no pace and we don't score enough goals. How can you trust a process thats not addressed that in the last 4 windows?

I hear you in that it might work out but at this stage it looks unlikely. I do think the majority of the fans who bought these season tickets expect to hit the ground running this season rather than watch the same old grind.
Surely in this league we are a big enough club to get the right players to be able to that?

25/7/2022 11:09 am  #844

It’s the United way. Whenever we look like growing the fanbase we f it up.

Business done hangs on the return of Levitt alone. If he doesn’t grab the league by the scruff of the neck. Which he can’t because we haven’t put the Infrastrucure around and in front of him. Then we are shafted. Our season probably now hanging on the loan market yet again unless these Ugandan laddies are somehow ready. Ashgar’s gambles have to end some time.  What we need has been obvious for seasons. The iPads are using the wrong app.

25/7/2022 11:10 am  #845

…and 4th was jammy as f last season

25/7/2022 11:12 am  #846

Middleton has had two offers, one Scottish club and one English.

He has not stated if the Scottish club is United, he may not want to upset his impending in-laws who are Dundee daft.

Not seen anywhere else but apparently McNaulty was seemingly at Tannadice at the Sunderland game wearing United training gear.

25/7/2022 11:40 am  #847

If we resign mcnulty I’ll explode

25/7/2022 11:57 am  #848

SuperMario wrote:

If we resign mcnulty I’ll explode

Make sure you have a tissue handy 😂

25/7/2022 12:41 pm  #849

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

Middleton has had two offers, one Scottish club and one English.

He has not stated if the Scottish club is United, he may not want to upset his impending in-laws who are Dundee daft.

Not seen anywhere else but apparently McNaulty was seemingly at Tannadice at the Sunderland game wearing United training gear.

Depends how you look at it. He could sign for united and his Mrs. Old be close to her family or he can move to the arse end of England and she never sees them.

25/7/2022 2:08 pm  #850

This is a great read on the realities - both positive and negative, of player trading post Brexit in Scotland.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62284560

Board footera