Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/7/2022 10:03 am  #351

Re: Summer Transfer Window

Arabdownsouth wrote:

LarsErikKjell wrote:

Man U want 300k for Levitt apparently for permanent transfer. Worth it?

Absolutely worth it, but can we afford his wages?

5K a week or something (along the lines of Shankland) and we’ll sell him next year for big bucks, worth it to the club.

I hope he stays forever and wins 8 Ballon D’ors.

03/7/2022 10:16 am  #352

300k for Levitt?

Absolute bargain. Bite Man Utd's hand off.

We can just use the Lewis Neilson compo fee that Mr Asghar assures the support he is 'very confident' we will receive.

Job done and the club have a player who will star in a World Cup in 5 months.

03/7/2022 10:33 am  #353

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

LarsErikKjell wrote:

Man U want 300k for Levitt apparently for permanent transfer. Worth it?

Absolutely worth it, but can we afford his wages?

5K a week or something (along the lines of Shankland) and we’ll sell him next year for big bucks, worth it to the club.

I hope he stays forever and wins 8 Ballon D’ors.

Is he not on double that at Manchester United?

03/7/2022 10:34 am  #354

Finn Seemann wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Absolutely spot on. Its an open secret the BBC has a strong anti-Dundee United agenda,with Mr English leading the charge.

This is why it's more important than ever that the fans stay UNITED together with the players, manager and board. No one likes us but we don't care.

English was defo trying to impy that something was wrong at the club with 4 managers in 4 years and was implying that TA was behind this

He’s probably right though. I’d say he’s doing his job correctly.  AU shown he’s not TA.  The use of the Rangers no on likes us is clearly a troll. I for one will not be uniting b hind TA. He’s not my club.

AU is definitely a troll, think he has an alter ego on EF Willie26 too, reporting back to his peers about everything he reads on here like a little prison bitch 🤣🤣

03/7/2022 11:49 am  #355

dufc2019 wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Snacks94 wrote:

Listened to the interview as well, Tom English really hates United doesn’t he? No way he asks questions like that live on radio to manager of Huns, Celtic or his beloved Hearts.

Absolutely spot on. Its an open secret the BBC has a strong anti-Dundee United agenda,with Mr English leading the charge.

This is why it's more important than ever that the fans stay UNITED together with the players, manager and board. No one likes us but we don't care.

English was defo trying to impy that something was wrong at the club with 4 managers in 4 years and was implying that TA was behind this

English doesn't have a clue. Yes it's not ideal to have lost managers, but the last three did so well they were headhunted by other clubs. There was no falling out and no sackings.

I think we are all United in hoping that Jack is here for the long haul though.

Last edited by AlwaysUnited (03/7/2022 11:50 am)

03/7/2022 12:28 pm  #356

Arabdownsouth wrote:

AU is definitely a troll, think he has an alter ego on EF Willie26 too, reporting back to his peers about everything he reads on here like a little prison bitch 🤣🤣

Personally I have a grudging respect for AU for taking all the shit people sling at him and to just keep plodding along posting in the same of way as if none of it matters.

I think there are far worse characters on here, and some of them seem to spend more time attacking AU than anything else on here.

Bring on the end of the summer so we can start focusing on what's important around here again.  (and I don't mean hating on TA )

Last edited by nomad (03/7/2022 12:28 pm)

03/7/2022 12:58 pm  #357

nomad wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Personally I have a grudging respect for AU for taking all the shit people sling at him and to just keep plodding along posting in the same of way as if none of it matters.

I think there are far worse characters on here, and some of them seem to spend more time attacking AU than anything else on here.

Bring on the end of the summer so we can start focusing on what's important around here again.  (and I don't mean hating on TA )

Let's be honest here shall we, you have a history of posting absolute shite yourself. Probably all the same person.

03/7/2022 1:58 pm  #358

nomad wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Please Tony, not today.

03/7/2022 7:06 pm  #359

Wonder who leaked the levitt fee? 

03/7/2022 7:23 pm  #360

Surely signings this week

Please.

03/7/2022 7:28 pm  #361

SuperMario wrote:

Please.

Would expect 4 or 5 if the rumours on twitter are true

03/7/2022 7:31 pm  #362

dufc5 wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

Please.

What rumours exactly?

03/7/2022 7:39 pm  #363

Hen Broon wrote:

dufc5 wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

Please.

What rumours exactly?

Levitt
Clark
Shankland
Gogic
Fletcher

03/7/2022 9:05 pm  #364

Even with the above, we need pace a day service or shanks/fletcher will do nothing

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

04/7/2022 5:37 am  #365

Tangy wrote:

we need pace a day service

What does that mean?

04/7/2022 8:49 am  #366

orcajun wrote:

Tangy wrote:

we need pace a day service

What does that mean?

That would be a failed autocorrect. Cheers for pointing it out.

Pace in midfield and service to the strikers is still required.

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

04/7/2022 10:37 am  #367

Tangy wrote:

Even with the above, we need pace a day service or shanks/fletcher will do nothing

100%. We’ve been lacking a pacy winger for years.

04/7/2022 12:11 pm  #368

Looking like another day of tumbleweed down Tannadice street

We fly to Spain on Sunday, surely be some new faces by then….

04/7/2022 12:27 pm  #369

The promising thing is the management team are aiming for the moon in the targeted players.

I'm sure we could have had Mullen, McGinn, Doige and Considine wrapped up last week, would that have made people happier?

Personally, I believe that going for a higher standard of player will inevitably take significantly longer.

I think it'll be worth the wait.

Last edited by AlwaysUnited (04/7/2022 12:28 pm)

04/7/2022 12:36 pm  #370

Worth the wait to an extent but we have a number of positions to fill, we have huge European games in a month and need to get off to a good start in the league too.  As I say, hope to see movement before they go off to Spain.

04/7/2022 12:36 pm  #371

AlwaysUnited wrote:

The promising thing is the management team are aiming for the moon in the targeted players.

I'm sure we could have had Mullen, McGinn, Doige and Considine wrapped up last week, would that have made people happier?

Personally, I believe that going for a higher standard of player will inevitably take significantly longer.

Mo Salah inbound! 🛸🚀🌛

04/7/2022 12:39 pm  #372

Arabdownsouth wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Mo Salah inbound! 🛸🚀🌛

Getting played at full back.

04/7/2022 12:58 pm  #373

Doige would be a great signing

Too much commotion

04/7/2022 1:11 pm  #374

You know what i don't want to hear if we have a poor start? Excuses.

Such as -

Some players need a 'mini pre-season'
Some are playing 'catch-up' fitness wise
Players need time to 'gel'
Adjusting to a new country

Etc etc

Less than 4 weeks till the season starts and we have signed no-one. Whoever comes in the door now hasn't even done their leg work, never mind being thrown into action.

A shambles.

04/7/2022 1:30 pm  #375

Tek wrote:

You know what i don't want to hear if we have a poor start? Excuses.

Such as -

Some players need a 'mini pre-season'
Some are playing 'catch-up' fitness wise
Players need time to 'gel'
Adjusting to a new country

Etc etc

Less than 4 weeks till the season starts and we have signed no-one. Whoever comes in the door now hasn't even done their leg work, never mind being thrown into action.

A shambles.

Fitness-wise, I would image the caliber of player we're ambitiously targeting won't be sitting about at home currently. They are all at very good/elite clubs and will doubtless be receiving excellent conditioning work.

I take your point about time to gel, but the type of players we are after are the types who gel very quickly. Quality rises to the surface.

Last edited by AlwaysUnited (04/7/2022 1:30 pm)

Board footera