Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14/6/2022 1:18 pm  #101

Re: Courts wanted by Rijeka!

I’m fine with Courts going tbh. Cheers for fourth and Europe but Fek me some shite fitba and tactics frequently. Some reasonable performances though but overall nothing like good enough for me. So c ya.

Hopefully Ross but if not I think we will have an upgrade anyway.

Some Arabs have to be a bit more patient and keep calm here. Hopefully exciting times ahead for us with a new manager and some signings. 

14/6/2022 1:42 pm  #102

AlwaysUnited wrote:

I can now confirm Thomas has left the club. Let's not speculate on his replacement, I'm sure the club will make an announcement t in the very near future.

Good luck, Tam. All arabs owe you a debt of gratitude. Well done to the board on such a bold, and successful, appointment. When a manager moves on to bigger things, it reflects well on us all.

What bigger things?

BTW you're a f@nny.

14/6/2022 2:55 pm  #103

SlatefordArab wrote:

Was happy that the club went the route they did with Tam -was a change and something different and lets face it he's did much better than we all expected.  The football was horrific to watch at times though so all the best Tam but I am not exactly gutted that he's left.

I think he'd done enough to give him another year but in the same boat as when Robbie left which I wasn't bothered about either.

14/6/2022 3:26 pm  #104

Jesus. Went to my bed last night, just got to work on Tuesday morning, open TT and all hell's broken loose.

Good luck to Courts. Did a lot better than we expected (though we could have been challenging for 3rd if the arse hadn't fallen out of things from November onwards), but without some shrewd signings and Courts having become a bit more streetwise, I think we would struggle to finish top 6 this coming season. He's very good at what he does, which is to organise and run training sessions that develop youth players, but too many leads thrown away, too many failures to respond to moves by opposition managers.

The only reason I'd lose any sleep over this is worrying about who we might bring in. Most managers we've appointed over the past 20 years have fallen somewhere between meh and brutal, Levein and Houston being the obvious exceptions.

14/6/2022 3:33 pm  #105

The football was brutal under Tam. Take out Benji and we're struggling at the bottom with the Fun and Fermers.

Looking forward to a fresh start with Jack Ross.

14/6/2022 3:45 pm  #106

I'm delighted he is gone and good luck to the lad.

Miles out of his depth at times and as we are all aware got very fortunate with the standard of the league.

Wanted to go at the first chance despite the club giving him the opportunity of a lifetime.

For me the club have got this right, if you don't want to be here then off you go.

14/6/2022 3:52 pm  #107

CCX2 2010 wrote:

I'm delighted he is gone and good luck to the lad.

Miles out of his depth at times and as we are all aware got very fortunate with the standard of the league.

Wanted to go at the first chance despite the club giving him the opportunity of a lifetime.

For me the club have got this right, if you don't want to be here then off you go.

100%

14/6/2022 4:02 pm  #108

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Let's not speculate on his replacement

Lol

14/6/2022 4:53 pm  #109

AlwaysUnited wrote:

I can now confirm Thomas has left the club. Let's not speculate on his replacement, I'm sure the club will make an announcement t in the very near future.

Good luck, Tam. All arabs owe you a debt of gratitude. Well done to the board on such a bold, and successful, appointment. When a manager moves on to bigger things, it reflects well on us all.

Awesome, not like we all hadn't read the news but thank fuck you're here!

14/6/2022 7:25 pm  #110

I see Courts is now being touted for the Budapest job. Their Sporting Director Chris Docherty was an analyst with us last year, and would’ve worked closely with Courts when he worked in our academy. Prior to joining us, he was a scout at Hajduk Split, so possibly mentioned Tam to Rijeka. So their move for him perhaps wasn’t as random a link as it appeared.

Couldn’t care less about Courts leaving, though it seems a bit ungrateful to Asghar to force the move when he took an enormous amount of flack from the fans and stuck to his guns anyway. Would’ve been very easy for United to backtrack once last summers shitstorm over his appointment started.

No sold on Jack Ross personally, Hibs and Sunderland fans couldn’t wait to see the back of him. He seems another one of these modern Scottish managers who has one plan, and when that gets found out,  have no idea what to do to change things.

14/6/2022 8:03 pm  #111

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

1 week on from Courts initial contact with Rijeka.

Absolutely zero from the club in terms of our managerial status, Lewis Neilson compo status or any signings forthwith or even rumours (despite several departures).

It's all very depressing. At a time when our club and support should be riding on a high and buzzing for next season and European football.

Whilst I understand the impatience, why on earth would you expect the club to start transfer rumours? Also why do you think they have to make a public statement about a financial transaction whether there is or isn't one yet. Even if they sort out the development fee they have no obligation to make it public. As for the manager, perhaps there are legal reasons why there has been no statement as yet, this could also be the case regarding Neilson tbh

I wasn't saying the club should start transfer rumours. But normally there are a few swirling about which at least keeps the Summer interesting. It's all been negative so far this close season regards the club.

Whenever we get our new Boss in we need some positivity and action on the signings front. And good signings (i.e. 1st team ready players).

As for the Neilson compo situation, i've said before and i will say it again, i'm not looking for specifics of his compensation deal (would be impossible for the club to say anyway), just clarification that we are indeed entitled to compo and that all our paperwork is above board.

Because all the uncertainty brings is speculation (something i know AlwaysUnited just hates).

14/6/2022 8:10 pm  #112

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Thanks AU for confirming that. Seventeen minutes after the club did. 

P.s. i'm going to speculate about the new Manager as much as i want too, until the new man is appointed.

15/6/2022 6:43 pm  #113

Well excuse me for digging up shit, but if TC was going to Honved, then it musta been known by all involved, including United, so WTF did they let him go for phuck-all.

I mean it's no like a team like Honved couldna afford the compy fee. They play in the Hungary NB1 Division. It's their Premier League FFS.

15/6/2022 7:20 pm  #114

Perhaps courts gave up some bonus? He must have European qualificztion bonus' written into his contract?

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

15/6/2022 7:40 pm  #115

The guy with him in the photo, is Chris Docherty, who was with us last season

Board footera