Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08/6/2022 1:57 pm  #101

Re: Summer Transfer Window

"Hearts have agreed terms with Lewis Neilson and now have to thrash out a fee with Dundee United or run the risk of a tribunal - which could see them hit with a bill of up to £500,000.The Jambos had been given permission to hold talks with the 19-year-old and now have a deal in place with the young central defender.Neilson is out of contract at Tannadice and United yesterday confirmed he would be leaving the club after turning down their final offer.It had been reported that Hearts could get him for nothing over the timing of Neilson’s contract renewal but United have dismissed that and are adamant they will be due training compensation.Unless a fee can be agreed between the two clubs then it will go to a tribunal.It is a risk and saw United previously burnt when they bought Charlie Teller from Rangers for £204,000 back in 2014.United have previously turned down big-offers from Leicester City for Lewis Neilson when his namesake was the manager.United claim they had been in discussions with the young defender since September.All these things will come into consideration who has been at Tannadice and come through the ranks over the last 10 years."

So hearts have fucked up ?

08/6/2022 2:11 pm  #102

Tek wrote:

Tangy wrote:

United already have issued a statement saying that we offered a deal in Feb. What more do you want?

On another note, I see regan Charles Cook has left County and went to Eupen in Belgium. Not a team name i recognise at all

Was the contract written or verbal though?

That is what i would confirmed. 

It's more than that Tek.  It would have had to be sent by registered post or by e-mail and, if by e-mail, Neilson would have had to acknowledge it in some way.  If they handed him a written offer in the office at Tannadice that wouldn't comply from my reading of the rules.

So it is actually fairly easy to get it wrong.  Fingers crossed that's not the case.

08/6/2022 2:13 pm  #103

dufc2019 wrote:

"Hearts have agreed terms with Lewis Neilson and now have to thrash out a fee with Dundee United or run the risk of a tribunal - which could see them hit with a bill of up to £500,000.The Jambos had been given permission to hold talks with the 19-year-old and now have a deal in place with the young central defender.Neilson is out of contract at Tannadice and United yesterday confirmed he would be leaving the club after turning down their final offer.It had been reported that Hearts could get him for nothing over the timing of Neilson’s contract renewal but United have dismissed that and are adamant they will be due training compensation.Unless a fee can be agreed between the two clubs then it will go to a tribunal.It is a risk and saw United previously burnt when they bought Charlie Teller from Rangers for £204,000 back in 2014.United have previously turned down big-offers from Leicester City for Lewis Neilson when his namesake was the manager.United claim they had been in discussions with the young defender since September.All these things will come into consideration who has been at Tannadice and come through the ranks over the last 10 years."

So hearts have fucked up ?

Someone has - let's hope its not us.  Could be Lewis's agent - in which case Hearts could probably get out of the deal if they wanted.

08/6/2022 2:30 pm  #104

I dunno but canna imagine big T walked through the halls of St Andrews and shouted how about £100 and a £10 win bonus.

Although that's tinged with sarcasm, nobody at any football club is going to continue to make statement after statement about issues. I don't think it can be taken as a sign of guilt either.

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

08/6/2022 3:17 pm  #105

Our entire business plan is based on developing quality youngsters and then selling them on for decent money, whether that's in the middle of a contract or, as is the case here, after their contract has ended. I would be absolutely stunned if Asghar, or whoever is directly responsible for dealing with this stuff, did not know the regulations on training compensation etc. inside out. Our entire business plan depends on it.

Hearts, on the other hand, appear to have a business plan that involves fucking over United at every possible opportunity. They failed the last time they tried after they were relegated. Maybe they're just not very good at it?

Hearts under Robbie Neilson rapidly moving towards becoming my second-most-disliked team.

08/6/2022 11:47 pm  #106

dufc5 wrote:

LarsErikKjell wrote:

Fuck Hearts. He was offered a contract in February. Simple as that. Sign him all you want, but be prepared to pay the compo. If the noises around it being free are all coming from Hearts and Edi based journos then it makes me even more confident that its just a load of shite.

We said in our statement he was offered a concrete proposal in Feb. Done.

Exactly, Hearts are at it.

Again.

09/6/2022 12:55 pm  #107

Neilson confirmed by hearts, no mention of dev fee just saying its a free transfer

09/6/2022 1:41 pm  #108

United 100% need to make a statement here, hearts still insisting it’s a free transfer

If we’ve fucked up here, we need explanations

Last edited by SuperMario (09/6/2022 2:05 pm)

09/6/2022 1:50 pm  #109

Presumably one for their Lowland League team for now?  Why would Hearts say it was a free if they thought there was any dubiety?  No need.  Hope their PR is as bad as ours and we are in the right, but beginning to look questionable.

09/6/2022 2:11 pm  #110

Reported that harkes is close to a 1 year contract extension.
Don't really see the point in it. Albeit he has been reasonable, he's not a stand out and a 1 year gives united no stability. Best case scenario, he has a good half season and is off in January. Worst case, he has a bang average season and leaves on a Free...

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

09/6/2022 2:14 pm  #111

Pish window so far, not even been linked with anyone- bored.

09/6/2022 2:57 pm  #112

SuperMario wrote:

I'd say it's good the club keep their business private until there is some news, instead of wild and pointless rumours.

Sorry you're bored though.

09/6/2022 2:59 pm  #113

SuperMario wrote:

United 100% need to make a statement here, hearts still insisting it’s a free transfer

No they don't. The club have no duty to discuss private and confidential contract arrangements.

09/6/2022 3:02 pm  #114

AlwaysUnited wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

I'd say it's good the club keep their business private until there is some news, instead of wild and pointless rumours.

Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen have all signed players.

Why haven’t we, Tony?

09/6/2022 3:33 pm  #115

AlwaysUnited wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

No they don't. The club have no duty to discuss private and confidential contract arrangements.

They can certainly tell the fans if we are going to receive any compensation, there is massive question marks over this “free transfer”, if there has been a fuck up- someone should be getting there P45

09/6/2022 3:41 pm  #116

AlwaysUnited wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

5000 United fans have bought season tickets. You have a duty to them.

09/6/2022 3:42 pm  #117

RogerTheAlien wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen have all signed players.

Why haven’t we, Tony?

No idea who Tony is.

Last time I checked pre-season hasn't started yet? Why would the club rush into signing players for the sake of it? I actually applaud the due diligence that is being applied to ensure the right profile of players join the club.

09/6/2022 4:19 pm  #118

AlwaysUnited wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

dosnt stop hearts

09/6/2022 6:50 pm  #119

AlwaysUnited wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

Well, you'll be able to put us all right i'm sure AlwaysUnited.

So, will Utd get a Development Fee or has your big pal Tony fucked up?

09/6/2022 6:57 pm  #120

Tek wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

For what its worth, I'd say its the duty of whoever the 'legal' person at the club is to ensure all the boxes are ticked when offering a contract. Asghar's job (I assume) is to agree on when to offer contracts, how much to offer and how long a contract to offer.

Statement said February we offered a contract. And its safe to assume we offered more money than the deal he signed when he was 16.

So all that can have gone wrong at this stage (looking at the SFA rules) is we've not 'registered' the offering of the contract correctly. ie sent recorded delivery to the persons home address OR delivered to him personally with a copy given to the 'secretary' (whoever that is).

That seems like the most likely option at this stage. And being honest, we are clutching at straws if we're looking to blame that on Asghar. The legal person at the club used to be Laura something (now at Aberdeen). No idea who it is now. But if that is where the mistake lies then its person who will shoulder the blame. But no matter what, we know who will really get the blame from the majority of fans online.

09/6/2022 7:07 pm  #121

LarsErikKjell wrote:

Tek wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

For what its worth, I'd say its the duty of whoever the 'legal' person at the club is to ensure all the boxes are ticked when offering a contract. Asghar's job (I assume) is to agree on when to offer contracts, how much to offer and how long a contract to offer.

Statement said February we offered a contract. And its safe to assume we offered more money than the deal he signed when he was 16.

So all that can have gone wrong at this stage (looking at the SFA rules) is we've not 'registered' the offering of the contract correctly. ie sent recorded delivery to the persons home address OR delivered to him personally with a copy given to the 'secretary' (whoever that is).

That seems like the most likely option at this stage. And being honest, we are clutching at straws if we're looking to blame that on Asghar. The legal person at the club used to be Laura something (now at Aberdeen). No idea who it is now. But if that is where the mistake lies then its person who will shoulder the blame. But no matter what, we know who will really get the blame from the majority of fans online.

Asghar is in charge of contracts etc. It's one of his main remits actually.

Regardless of who typed up the contract it is absolutely his responsibility to ensure the correct protocol was followed every step of the way.

We are talking about hundreds of thousands of pounds to the club here.

09/6/2022 7:12 pm  #122

Tek wrote:

LarsErikKjell wrote:

Tek wrote:

Regardless of who typed up the contract it is absolutely his responsibility to ensure the correct protocol was followed every step of the way.

No idea in terms of the nitty gritty but I really doubt its a Sporting Directors job to go and lick the envelope on a contract and make sure its sent as recorded delivery. This will 100% be down to whoever runs the admin/legal side of the club.

Either way, I just want it to be sorted out but I doubt it will be for a while. If we get a couple of signings in the door then people will ease off a bit.

I'm holding out hope that we've done everything right on our end and Hearts are just chancing after his agent (anyone know who it is?) maybe noticed a wee loophole that turns out to be shite. But if we've fucked up royally then its proper amateur stuff on our end. Fingers crossed we've not and we can get what we're due.

09/6/2022 7:31 pm  #123

LarsErikKjell wrote:

Tek wrote:

LarsErikKjell wrote:

No idea in terms of the nitty gritty but I really doubt its a Sporting Directors job to go and lick the envelope on a contract and make sure its sent as recorded delivery. This will 100% be down to whoever runs the admin/legal side of the club.

Either way, I just want it to be sorted out but I doubt it will be for a while. If we get a couple of signings in the door then people will ease off a bit.

I'm holding out hope that we've done everything right on our end and Hearts are just chancing after his agent (anyone know who it is?) maybe noticed a wee loophole that turns out to be shite. But if we've fucked up royally then its proper amateur stuff on our end. Fingers crossed we've not and we can get what we're due.

Plenty businesses think they know better than the lawyers and therefore don't bother with them.  At least big Tone is not that sort of outsized ego.....

09/6/2022 9:01 pm  #124

AlwaysUnited wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

Mario, no my place where you're coming from with "bored" but I think it's more out of exasperation and frustration.

AU - teft field as ever - it's mebbe slipped you're notice mate but this is a Discusion Board so we're free to come up with wild and pointless rumours as you see them.  Bollocks  in that opinion, for me the opposite - accurate, early inside stories.

You say  'the club should keep their business private "
Pigs arse - Ahm up at 2 or 4 every Sunday morning to watch United, no tae mention 5,000 so far Season Ticket buyers, no tae mention the thousnds that travel to the likes of Livi on a freezing pishy rain night to watch garbage and turn out Saturday - that is a complete insult.

Cannae make up ma mind if you've anything valid to discuss or just a tit ?

- - - - - - - - - - 

Neilson: I guess Tony's staff are running round like headless chooks asking who did what.
If we've fucked up big time - no surprise, there's history there. If we have fucked up blame rests fair and square with TA - it's his job, simple as that, but furthermore he was the one interviewed the other day who told us he worked for United 24/7
Conversely if Hearts are simply trying it on - no surprise there either, there's ample recent history of that.
You'd think though that Hearts and young Lewis' agents  might be have concocted something between themselves to come come up with their "free transfer" statement.

The club will understandably keep it to themselves meantime, but no AU it's not their business and it's not private.

Nice quiet $100k I suspect, and us a selling club

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (09/6/2022 9:54 pm)

09/6/2022 9:12 pm  #125

Saw it mentioned on twitter that Hearts may be claiming this is a "free transfer" because training compensation is not a transfer fee. Very possible it's legitimately a free transfer and United will still receive several hundred K in compensation. If that's the case, Hearts might be stirring it a bit. Possibly still hold a grudge against us after they got relegated.

Board footera