Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13/5/2022 2:51 pm  #51

Re: Utd V's Celtic - Wed 12th May (7.30pm)

Finn Seemann wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

Not sure where you are getting that from!  I'd be thick as pig shit if I denied an upward trajectory on the playing field given we're up a whole division since Ogren coming in.  As I said I think Asghar has wasted Ogrens money and the danger there is that Ogren decides that he's maybe a little fed up of his investment.  He is a Republican Trump voter after all - the same people who want to become more isolationist.  So whilst we have improved on the pitch (although we aren't great truth be told) I am not convinced that the finances are similarly rosy.  The conveyor belt of talent to sell (which is the only real plan) is not quite there yet (although clearly a work in progress) so we must still be in somewhat of a perilous position.  You've proclaimed non interest in the finances before, I think, and that is up to you, but for me that is a key factor and I don't think Asghar is the man to grow the club back on that front and give Ogren the return that he sold him at the start.  Just my opinion - but explains my stance.

Not trying to be condescending, cheers though.

So the remark about word processing wasn't condescending, aye OK.

Whatever your opinion, you still cannot categorically say that each of those teams has a divine right to be better next season. Both Aberdeen and Hibs spent far more money than we did this season and look how that panned out.

I thought the word processing one was more factual, but you're probably right.

However, I never mentioned anything about a divine right to be better - just an opinion that they will be - an opinion that, as I said, most in Scottish football will share.  We certainly don't have a divine right to finish in the top 6 even if we play better than we did this season - which hopefully will be the case.  I'm simply not understanding why you think any of that is "crazy logic" as you insisted at the start.  To me it is more likely than not that Hibs, Aberdeen and others will not be as poor as they have been this season - hardly a "crazy" assertion.

OK let me use your words then. In your opinion Hibs, Aberdeen and others will not be as poor next season but strangely we are likely to be poorer, have I got that bit right?

In your opinion, most others in Scottish football will share your opinion, have I got that bit right?

As I said, Hibs and Aberdeen both spent vastly more than us this season and both have finished in the bottom half, there is absolutely nothing that says they won't do so again. It's just your negatively slanted opinion that has everyone else getting better next year and us slipping backwards. Just because you expect it to happen does not make it so. If things went as expected we would have bounced right back up into the top flight at the first time of asking, but we all know how that turned out. I prefer a glass half full view is all and what is factual is that we have improved year on year under the new regime, and that includes Tony Asghar whether or not you like the man. Yes some recruitment has been poor, not disagreeing with that, but Tam has already stated that he's looking to bring in key additions to rebalance the squad.

Last summer the majority of fans had us tipped for relegation, as did most pundits. That turned out to be bollocks and we are back in Europe instead. My glass will remain half full.

13/5/2022 10:44 pm  #52

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

So the remark about word processing wasn't condescending, aye OK.

Whatever your opinion, you still cannot categorically say that each of those teams has a divine right to be better next season. Both Aberdeen and Hibs spent far more money than we did this season and look how that panned out.

However, I never mentioned anything about a divine right to be better - just an opinion that they will be - an opinion that, as I said, most in Scottish football will share.  We certainly don't have a divine right to finish in the top 6 even if we play better than we did this season - which hopefully will be the case.  I'm simply not understanding why you think any of that is "crazy logic" as you insisted at the start.  To me it is more likely than not that Hibs, Aberdeen and others will not be as poor as they have been this season - hardly a "crazy" assertion.

OK let me use your words then. In your opinion Hibs, Aberdeen and others will not be as poor next season but strangely we are likely to be poorer, have I got that bit right?

In your opinion, most others in Scottish football will share your opinion, have I got that bit right?

As I said, Hibs and Aberdeen both spent vastly more than us this season and both have finished in the bottom half, there is absolutely nothing that says they won't do so again. It's just your negatively slanted opinion that has everyone else getting better next year and us slipping backwards. Just because you expect it to happen does not make it so. If things went as expected we would have bounced right back up into the top flight at the first time of asking, but we all know how that turned out. I prefer a glass half full view is all and what is factual is that we have improved year on year under the new regime, and that includes Tony Asghar whether or not you like the man. Yes some recruitment has been poor, not disagreeing with that, but Tam has already stated that he's looking to bring in key additions to rebalance the squad.

Last summer the majority of fans had us tipped for relegation, as did most pundits. That turned out to be bollocks and we are back in Europe instead. My glass will remain half full.

Answering in order - No, I never said we are likely to be poorer.

Yes

I never said anyone wouldn't finish in the bottom half - I said they will be better - an opinion.  Your opinion is clearly the opposite.  But somehow my opinion is 'crazy'?

We were tipped for relegation and appointing a rookie manager and failing to recruit well pointed in that direction.  Maybe they're all 'crazy' too?  Just because we have ended up 5th in a very tight race doesn't mean the people thinking we would go down are lunatics (although given the Dees were in the league maybe they were).  I wasn't one of them by the way.

To draw this to a close, as I am getting bored with it, you are entitled to your opinion, but to say that someone else's totally rationale opinion is 'crazy logic' is nonsense.  

14/5/2022 2:20 am  #53

Finn Seemann wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

Answering in order - No, I never said we are likely to be poorer.

Yes

I never said anyone wouldn't finish in the bottom half - I said they will be better - an opinion.  Your opinion is clearly the opposite.  But somehow my opinion is 'crazy'?

We were tipped for relegation and appointing a rookie manager and failing to recruit well pointed in that direction.  Maybe they're all 'crazy' too?  Just because we have ended up 5th in a very tight race doesn't mean the people thinking we would go down are lunatics (although given the Dees were in the league maybe they were).  I wasn't one of them by the way.

To draw this to a close, as I am getting bored with it, you are entitled to your opinion, but to say that someone else's totally rationale opinion is 'crazy logic' is nonsense.  

Spin it how you like, I'm bored too 👍

14/5/2022 3:54 am  #54

Forget Hibs, forget Aiberdeen.
Concentrate on our own game.
We can do better.

14/5/2022 1:18 pm  #55

Tek wrote:

That's interesting JA.

My information was from this article (dated the same as yours funnily enough).

Who knows what one is actually accurate (hopefully yours).

https://www.sportekz.com/football/scottish-premiership-prize-money/

Live reports on BBC also saying 500,000 difference. Let's hope so.

It's not where you're from it's where you're at.

Board footera