Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

31/1/2022 7:06 pm  #51

Re: Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Rick Dagless wrote:

Looks like the boy from Arsenal is about to be announced going by United twitter

*edit*
That's it confirmed. Mibbe just me but the videos a bit OTT for a youth player coming in on loan.

You have to question a wage there.  Having to put a boy like Glass out on loan so we can make pretty twitter videos...

31/1/2022 7:13 pm  #52

My rant worked. Still think we need another couple as well as McDonald who I think is a huge gamble. Be pretty pissed off if that was the only business.

31/1/2022 7:13 pm  #53

Great, exciting signing. This lad trains with the Arsenal first team. Dynamic, modern midfielder which will greatly enhance the team.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Management team had more signings lined up - but let's wait and see. It is a delicate business.

31/1/2022 7:15 pm  #54

I will wait and see him play before i decide if he is a better current option than Glass.

31/1/2022 7:20 pm  #55

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Great, exciting signing. This lad trains with the Arsenal first team. Dynamic, modern midfielder which will greatly enhance the team.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Management team had more signings lined up - but let's wait and see. It is a delicate business.

He's clearly a Fuchs replacement (for a while anyway).  As Fuchs had gone off the boil might be a good signing but never really keen on these very short term loan deals - player has to be really up for it and from the video he was a bit WTF have I done...

As for surprising you, I hope they do.  There is only one other reason so many players have been moved out and that spells the start of the end of the vision.

Last edited by Finn Seemann (31/1/2022 7:21 pm)

31/1/2022 7:22 pm  #56

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Fuck off Tam/tony

31/1/2022 8:10 pm  #57

IMO we've done well to get any kind of fee for Apperre .
I hope he proves me wrong but just didnt appear to have the heart for the game at this level. 4th tier in England is brutal as well, but all the best Louis.

31/1/2022 9:15 pm  #58

Burns saying we are done. Absolute shambles from the club.

31/1/2022 9:16 pm  #59

Unlikely to be anymore signings tonight according to Scott burns, so let’s get this straight- we have mcnulty whos a superb runner but hates actually scoring goals, nicky Clark who’d rather play beside levitt the whole game than actually up front and Tony watt who hadn’t even looked like scoring since he’s arrived as he is doing his best at trying to create goals as our midfield are completely useless at this

Absolutely horrendous window again !

31/1/2022 9:24 pm  #60

Decent window. Young lads moved out to get game time and come back stronger. A really good midfielder in, and of course the leagues top scorer ⭐.

I'm certain the club moved for other targets too, but it is such a challenging market right now. The big clubs want to maintain extensive squads in case of Covid outbreaks, and just won't loan players out as they usually would.

Let's get behind Tim and the other players tomorrow.

Last edited by AlwaysUnited (31/1/2022 9:25 pm)

31/1/2022 9:29 pm  #61

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Decent window. Young lads moved out to get game time and come back stronger. A really good midfielder in, and of course the leagues top scorer ⭐.

I'm certain the club moved for other targets too, but it is such a challenging market right now. The big clubs want to maintain extensive squads in case of Covid outbreaks, and just won't loan players out as they usually would.

Shut your puss eh.

31/1/2022 9:29 pm  #62

We as fans are now getting our pissers pulled, what a croc of shite 😡

31/1/2022 9:32 pm  #63

As things stand, are we stronger or Weaker than we were on the 1st January.

Goalie- nae change.
Defence- weaker
Midfield- weaker
Strikers- stronger.

In a window where a blind man new we had to strengthen overall as a squad we have went backwards.

3/4 wins will keep us up, big 5 days coming up.

31/1/2022 9:38 pm  #64

CCX2 2010 wrote:

As things stand, are we stronger or Weaker than we were on the 1st January.

Goalie- nae change.
Defence- weaker
Midfield- weaker
Strikers- stronger.

In a window where a blind man new we had to strengthen overall as a squad we have went backwards.

3/4 wins will keep us up, big 5 days coming up.

The overall squad is weaker now than it was on January 1st. 

Tony Watt will not give us goals playing left wing.

See in the 4 games he's featured in do you know how many times he's been in the opposition box?

I'll tell you. Once (vs Killie in Extra Time). That's not a slight on him btw. I think he's a good player and will probably help set-up a few. but he wont score with the regularity he did at Fir park as i don't think our style of play really suits him.

It's another bitterly disappointing window in my view. Good if your the Ogren's perhaps ££££££ 

31/1/2022 9:47 pm  #65

It's very disappointing.

Young boy from Arsenal will need to be good,very fuckin good as he will need to play a good few positions.

31/1/2022 10:00 pm  #66

Lost count the number of games this season when I have seen the lineup and thought I hope we don’t have to rely on the bench to change the game. It’s going to be a hell of a lot worse now.

Glass not confirmed as away yet so hopefully that was a load of pish. Still no word on Biamou leaving either.

31/1/2022 10:03 pm  #67

It's a window which points to the fact that the 'vision' isn't working.  Moving on Kerr Smith for comparative peanuts compared to the way Aberdeen are handling Ramsey.  Other youngsters not pushing hard enough for a starting place shipped out.  Inability to improve the likes of Appere.  Bringing in another untested youngster to replace Fuchs.  Bringing in Watt to play him in a wide role (where you already have Niskanen).  Possibly bringing in potentially past it ex-Dee and trying to sell that as a coup as he chose us over the Dees/Saints.
Top six my arse, we're gambling on Saints and the Dee being mince for the rest of the season.  Wholly unimpressed, but have come to expect nothing less.  We'll probably be giving the likes of Pawlett, Harkes and Clark extensions next.  

31/1/2022 10:03 pm  #68

RogerTheAlien wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Shut your puss eh.

Agreed, can we not get rid of this fucking joker?

31/1/2022 10:13 pm  #69

Arabdownsouth wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Shut your puss eh.

Agreed, can we not get rid of this fucking joker?

Doubt it - he has Ogren wrapped around his little finger.

31/1/2022 10:54 pm  #70

Finn Seemann wrote:

It's a window which points to the fact that the 'vision' isn't working.  Moving on Kerr Smith for comparative peanuts compared to the way Aberdeen are handling Ramsey.  Other youngsters not pushing hard enough for a starting place shipped out.  Inability to improve the likes of Appere.  Bringing in another untested youngster to replace Fuchs.  Bringing in Watt to play him in a wide role (where you already have Niskanen).  Possibly bringing in potentially past it ex-Dee and trying to sell that as a coup as he chose us over the Dees/Saints.
Top six my arse, we're gambling on Saints and the Dee being mince for the rest of the season.  Wholly unimpressed, but have come to expect nothing less.  We'll probably be giving the likes of Pawlett, Harkes and Clark extensions next.  

Have tae agree wee this wholeheartedly.

Never liked to sound like the proverbial Dr. Doom, but we are in deep trouble.

As far as Akinola goes, he'll better learn FTD quick.

31/1/2022 11:08 pm  #71

Finn Seemann wrote:

THIS!

Honking

31/1/2022 11:29 pm  #72

Have we still got Biamou????

31/1/2022 11:41 pm  #73

SuperMario wrote:

No word on him leaving anyway…

31/1/2022 11:53 pm  #74

Bad Boaby signs for raith

01/2/2022 12:00 am  #75

SuperMario wrote:

The club cannot announce anyone else has departed tonight or there'd be meltdown, after 8 players have already left this window.

Make no mistakes though in the next few days Biamou will be released, Glass will go on loan to Kilmarnock and i think Carson will probably be released to make his move to Morecambe permanent.

That would take our departures in total this window to 11.

The club will announce these others after the Derby in the hope no one cares.

Board footera