Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/7/2020 12:45 pm  #176

Re: Arbitration Day?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08m1jlp

I haven't listened yet but surely essential listening today...

28/7/2020 12:48 pm  #177

Tek wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

I'd like to see Dunfermline, ICT or Ayr win the league (doubtful).

I reckon Hearts will win it though.

Fuck ICT, Ayr, Arbroath or Dunfermline please 👍

I know ICT voted the opposite of us in the vote but i have no ill will towards that club or their supporters.

I quite like John Robertson too. Very respectful towards Utd, always.

Forgot Raith were now Championship too. Hope they do well. Always been good links between us and the men from Kirkcaldy down the years.

ICT chairman had plenty to say and was advocating null and void to prevent our promotion. Fuck them!

28/7/2020 12:50 pm  #178

Hearts, like ourselves, will have some difficult days at the likes of Arbroath and Alloa. Their fans already thinking they will walk it without losing a game, unlikely in my opinion.

28/7/2020 1:48 pm  #179

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Fuck ICT, Ayr, Arbroath or Dunfermline please 👍

I know ICT voted the opposite of us in the vote but i have no ill will towards that club or their supporters.

Forgot Raith were now Championship too. Hope they do well. Always been good links between us and the men from Kirkcaldy down the years.

ICT chairman had plenty to say and was advocating null and void to prevent our promotion. Fuck them!

Scott Gardiner, you mean? He's not their Chairman.

He is a prick though.

28/7/2020 1:58 pm  #180

Tek wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

He is a prick though.

Ah right, my mistake Tek. What is his role exactly then?

Apart from being a prick obviously 😂

Last edited by Arabdownsouth (28/7/2020 1:59 pm)

28/7/2020 2:03 pm  #181

Actually I've just researched it a bit more and based on his actions it's still a resounding Fuck ICT from me 👍

28/7/2020 2:23 pm  #182

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

He is a prick though.

Ah right, my mistake Tek. What is his role exactly then?

Apart from being a prick obviously 😂

He's their C.E.O

Caley are a good club. They've made a big mistake employing Gardiner though.

28/7/2020 2:31 pm  #183

Gardiner is a massive Hun. His preference for null & void will stem from preventing Celtic from winning the title. Not that that's an excuse. He's still a prick

28/7/2020 2:37 pm  #184

Goodie Conway 2 wrote:

Gardiner is a massive Hun. His preference for null & void will stem from preventing Celtic from winning the title. Not that that's an excuse. He's still a prick

He epitomises everything that's rotten in Scottish football. Fuck the Huns and the ICT one!

06/8/2020 7:21 pm  #185

https://bbc.in/33xgwzQ

£2500. What a joke!

06/8/2020 7:55 pm  #186

KdyArab wrote:

https://bbc.in/33xgwzQ

£2500. What a joke!

That's fucking pathetic

06/8/2020 8:34 pm  #187

Thats piss poor. Really poor.

Us Raith and Cove have had to shell out an absolute fortune due to this and they get that as a fine.

06/8/2020 8:36 pm  #188

bowers wrote:

Us Raith and Cove have had to shell out an absolute fortune due to this and they get that as a fine.

Are they not paying our costs though?

06/8/2020 8:56 pm  #189

Arabdownsouth wrote:

bowers wrote:

The panel is in deliberation to determine who pays what? It is a distinct possibility that Hearts and Partick will have to pay the full legal costs of United, Raith and Cove as well as the Spfl legal costs incurred during the Arbritration case. However, the Panel could decide that they pay less than the full costs. In which case we may have to pay a percentage of our own costs. The precise costs also have to be determined.

Last edited by Marklandsvelvettouch (06/8/2020 9:21 pm)

06/8/2020 9:46 pm  #190

Arabdownsouth wrote:

bowers wrote:

They should be.

06/8/2020 10:42 pm  #191

I thought the arbitration result would be lenient in that it’d be ‘relegated but with compensation’
Was surprised they got zero.

Maybe this £2500 is the leniency.

06/8/2020 10:56 pm  #192

Yeah I think the £2,500 is the lowest they could go to act as a deterrent to others (just to find against them really) but also acts as a bit of an olive branch.  I hope we get our expenses, but I can see it going the same way as it did in court. (i.e. they'll need to pay at least half of the SPFL expenses but none of ours).

Who knows though...

06/8/2020 10:57 pm  #193

bowers wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

bowers wrote:

They should be.

When you have worst case scenario of punted out the hale set up and get this it potentially opens the doors to mair clubs taking unpopular decisions to court.

Maist likely the teams with the maist money will be the only ones too like Sevco & Septic.

That's what worries me here.

Board footera