Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27/7/2020 11:15 am  #101

Re: Arbitration Day?

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Beharder wrote:

Hearts were already 80% relegated based on the numbers of games played. Their claim is for what they say would be the cost of a season in the Championship, although they were selected for relegation/demotion without a ball being kicked.
Hard knecked bastards

If (and this is a very big if) they can prove that the vote wasn't held in accordance with company law, then I'd suggest that they will have been vindicated in pursuing a case. Wouldn't you have expected United to do something similar, at the very least take whatever action they deem necessary to protect the interests of the club.

Also 80% relegated doesn't mean a thing, as we've seen by the numerous "great escapes" that happen in various leagues every year.

As a United fan, I hope the Hearts/Partick motion fails, but I also won't criticise Hearts for bringing the case, if (again, big if) they have genuine evidence and can prove that company law was broken. It'll be up to the SPFL to find some sort of an solution if that happens.

Let's hope it doesn't though.

What has company law got to do with it?  It's down to the membership rules - not company law.  The same membership rules that say they are not permitted to go to court to settle a dispute with a member or the SPFL.  I'm with you in that it is inherently marginally unfair on Hearts and Thistle, but if the Dundee vote incident that they seem to be hanging their hats on was wrong then that can still be resolved by simply having the vote again - the result would not change.  Hearts agreed that the season could be called on the basis they thought that they could agree reconstruction.  Budge, as the Jambos would say, "Hibsed it" and that should mean that they will be relegated and probably with little or no compensation - I hope!

Last edited by Finn Seemann (27/7/2020 11:21 am)

27/7/2020 11:43 am  #102

Finn Seemann wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Beharder wrote:

Hearts were already 80% relegated based on the numbers of games played. Their claim is for what they say would be the cost of a season in the Championship, although they were selected for relegation/demotion without a ball being kicked.
Hard knecked bastards

If (and this is a very big if) they can prove that the vote wasn't held in accordance with company law, then I'd suggest that they will have been vindicated in pursuing a case. Wouldn't you have expected United to do something similar, at the very least take whatever action they deem necessary to protect the interests of the club.

Also 80% relegated doesn't mean a thing, as we've seen by the numerous "great escapes" that happen in various leagues every year.

As a United fan, I hope the Hearts/Partick motion fails, but I also won't criticise Hearts for bringing the case, if (again, big if) they have genuine evidence and can prove that company law was broken. It'll be up to the SPFL to find some sort of an solution if that happens.

What has company law got to do with it?  It's down to the membership rules - not company law.  The same membership rules that say they are not permitted to go to court to settle a dispute with a member or the SPFL.  I'm with you in that it is inherently marginally unfair on Hearts and Thistle, but if the Dundee vote incident that they seem to be hanging their hats on was wrong then that can still be resolved by simply having the vote again - the result would not change.  Hearts agreed that the season could be called on the basis they thought that they could agree reconstruction.  Budge, as the Jambos would say, "Hibsed it" and that should mean that they will be relegated and probably with little or no compensation - I hope!

Hearts are contending that the vote to end the season was not conducted in accordance with company law. That supersedes any membership rules. I appreciate that's a simplistic response, but that's pretty much all there is to it. *

Any rerun of the vote would be beset with difficulties, and there is no guarantee how it would go, it would only take one or two clubs to change their minds. The panel may not allow it either, at this late stage. Naturally in the situation that promotion was actually cancelled, United et al would have very legitimate grounds for a compensation claim, and the entire situation would become even more fraught than it already is.

*Edit to say, based on the CoS hearing, reports and commentary. I don't know for certain what the basis of their complaint is.

Last edited by AlwaysUnited (27/7/2020 11:54 am)

27/7/2020 11:52 am  #103

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Hearts are contending that the vote to end the season was not conducted in accordance with company law. That supersedes any membership rules. I appreciate that's a simplistic response, but that's pretty much all there is to it.

Any rerun of the vote would be beset with difficulties, and there is no guarantee how it would go, it would only take one or two clubs to change their minds. The panel may not allow it either, at this late stage. Naturally in the situation that promotion was actually cancelled, United et al would have very legitimate grounds for a compensation claim, and the entire situation would become even more fraught than it already is.

Agree with this analysis.

27/7/2020 11:55 am  #104

Now midday on Monday and still nothing.

The season starts on Saturday FFS!!!

27/7/2020 12:31 pm  #105

The longer this goes on, the more it borders on negligence

27/7/2020 12:39 pm  #106

MockChop wrote:

It's beyond ridiculous how we have been treated throughout this shambles.

I hope to fuck we are already putting a damages case together to slam Hearts and Thistle with once this is settled.

27/7/2020 12:49 pm  #107

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Hearts are contending that the vote to end the season was not conducted in accordance with company law. That supersedes any membership rules. I appreciate that's a simplistic response, but that's pretty much all there is to it. *

*Edit to say, based on the CoS hearing, reports and commentary. I don't know for certain what the basis of their complaint is.

I don’t see that company law applies to this although I haven’t really read any of the CoS output - too busy doing my own legal work!  I had thought that the crux of the CoS decision was whether the arbitration act applied which would have allowed them to go to court rather than go to the SPFL arbitration procedure. CoS said SPFL arbitration procedure.  So the arbitration procedure is in process to look at whether they followed their own rules or not, therefore as they are not a company for the purpose of what we are talking about here (the SPFL might be a company as well, I don’t know) I  can’t see how company law applies. 

27/7/2020 1:00 pm  #108

MockChop wrote:

Not sure where you are getting that from.  We are where we are because the Jambos waited until they had exhausted the reconstruction option before taking proceedings to a hearing that said they needed to go to arbitration under the SPFL rules as they were required to do.  Arbitration is not a 5 minute process.  The panel needed to be appointed, they needed interested parties to make submissions to them, they then needed to have the hearing and then they need to consider those arguments and agree a response.  If we get an answer this week then that will be fairly swift! I think we will though.  The fact that it is so close to the start of the season is down to the Jambos wasting everyone's time in court first.  This should be about compensation and if so how much rather than reversal of promotion and relegation, but no guarantees!

27/7/2020 1:02 pm  #109

Scott Burns hinting things have gone our way and will be announced shortly.

27/7/2020 1:02 pm  #110

Scott Burns:

Some very good news coming the way of @dundeeunitedfc, @CoveRangersFC and @RaithRovers very shortly. 👀

27/7/2020 1:04 pm  #111

Please

27/7/2020 1:13 pm  #112

LarsErikKjell wrote:

Scott Burns:

Some very good news coming the way of @dundeeunitedfc, @CoveRangersFC and @RaithRovers very shortly. 👀

Thank fuck, hurry up!!

27/7/2020 1:15 pm  #113

UNBELIEVABLE

get it round, Ann budge, Robbie neilson, every hearts fan, Jacqui Low, Ian McCall, and every partick fan thank u!

27/7/2020 1:17 pm  #115

Yes!!! 👍🎉😀🎈

27/7/2020 1:19 pm  #116

Fuck the pair of them!! Forever hated now. I think we should sue them both for damages

27/7/2020 1:22 pm  #117

reported by the BBC, record, the Sun, the Courier

ITS DONE LADS

27/7/2020 1:23 pm  #118

Phuk Hertz , hope they go bust. Nae luck Neilson.

Phuk Thistle also.

27/7/2020 1:23 pm  #119

LarsErikKjell wrote:

reported by the BBC, record, the Sun, the Courier

ITS DONE LADS

🍺🍹🍸🥂🥃🍺

27/7/2020 1:24 pm  #120

TangerineDream wrote:

Phuk Thistle also.

May I also add, fuck the Huns and the Dees who were all foaming at the mouth over this too!

27/7/2020 1:28 pm  #121

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Fuck the pair of them!! Forever hated now. I think we should sue them both for damages

I agree. They have paralysed our pre season preparations and made it difficult for us to sign any quality players. The club should also report Budge to the Sfa for tapping Neilson last November.

27/7/2020 1:28 pm  #122

Keith Jackson on Twitter saying Hearts won’t receive compensation.

27/7/2020 1:31 pm  #123

KdyArab wrote:

Keith Jackson on Twitter saying Hearts won’t receive compensation.

Hah fucking hah! That'll be my day made! So now we move on to the punishment stage hopefully 👍

27/7/2020 1:32 pm  #124

I'm gonna put a few quid on Neilson sacked by Christmas 😂🤶🥂🎅🌲🍺

27/7/2020 1:33 pm  #125

Arabdownsouth wrote:

TangerineDream wrote:

Phuk Thistle also.

May I also add, fuck the Huns and the Dees who were all foaming at the mouth over this too!

Very good post ADS. I also say Phuk the Huns and the Fun.

Hertz are going to boycott away gehms. Ha ha , who does that remind you of. Hopefully no compensation for them also.

Board footera