Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24/7/2020 10:16 pm  #76

Re: Arbitration Day?

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Arbitration too important to get dragged off topic by Nomates, last 10 posts stem from his crap.
I'm totally struggling maself but try'n no rise.

Agreed, just staggers me some folk are blind to his antics.

As for arbitration, I'm all out of patience now. Its beyond unacceptable that we are now a week away from the start of the season and this bollocks is still rumbling on.

Get Hearts away to fuck!

24/7/2020 10:18 pm  #77

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Can't believe there's folk standing up for this bellend tbh 🤔

Please refrain from personal abuse.

It's not what this Forum is about.

No problem but seriously, this guy is at it. Jumping on every thread talking nonsense and annoying folk for the hell of it, pretty sure that's also not what the forum is about.

As i said the other day. He's just one poster.

If he annoys you so much just ignore him.👍

24/7/2020 10:24 pm  #78

Tek wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

Please refrain from personal abuse.

It's not what this Forum is about.

No problem but seriously, this guy is at it. Jumping on every thread talking nonsense and annoying folk for the hell of it, pretty sure that's also not what the forum is about.

Whatever. He's annoying everyone though.

24/7/2020 10:28 pm  #79

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Whatever. He's annoying everyone though.

Well i've gave you my advice (not that you asked for it).

You can let him annoy you or you can choose to ignore him. It's entirely up to you.

24/7/2020 10:43 pm  #80

Back to topic . ....

Do SPFL now give themselves weekend off or what ?
- Assuming they do:

ffs ! ! 

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (24/7/2020 10:44 pm)

24/7/2020 10:48 pm  #81

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Back to topic . ....

- Assuming they do:

ffs ! !

They will. The ajudicators that is.

Monday i think will be D-Day.

Incidentally i read earlier on that if Hearts and Partick do get awarded compo then the amount has to remain undisclosed.

That to me seems totally unacceptable given that that money will come out of the pockets of fellow SPFL member clubs. Or to put it another way, out of the pockets of the supporters who finance and keep afloat their clubs.

24/7/2020 11:24 pm  #82

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Back to topic . ....

- Assuming they do:

ffs ! !

The arbitration process isn't being undertaken by the SPFL.

As fans, I think we should just be cool: there's not a thing we can do about the timing of the whole debacle. No point in getting uptight about something you have no ability to influence. Fuck Hearts though 

24/7/2020 11:34 pm  #83

PatReilly wrote:

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Back to topic . ....

- Assuming they do:

ffs ! !

The arbitration process isn't being undertaken by the SPFL.

As fans, I think we should just be cool: there's not a thing we can do about the timing of the whole debacle. No point in getting uptight about something you have no ability to influence. Fuck Hearts though 

Well said Pat. The hale things been slowly mair stressful as it's gone on under current stressful situations, Covid, lockdown, furlough, folk worried about vulnerable family & jobs etc never mind our passion for oor team having no fkn release.

Time for cool heads aye, for sure if you can and not the time to loose it with each other although I'm not sure TT is falling out with fellow Arabs (in the main) or bight to infiltrators which has rarely been an issue on this forum.

🧡🤍🖤

25/7/2020 8:04 am  #84

Just to reiterate what others have been saying, nobody outwith those directly involved really knows what's happening in the room, and only the Chair can decide when they've heard enough. All those "leaks" regarding expected conclusion dates should be taken with a pinch of salt. Maybe a club official has briefed a journalist, but the clubs won't know for sure either, other than a broad idea of the speed of travel.

It's a time for calm heads though. Relax, and look toward to the weekend.

A few people on here and in other places have become frustrated at the "SPFL/SFA" dragging this out. The panel is entirely independent of both, and the two bodies above are powerless to speed things up. Having said that, there is no doubt the panel will be acutely aware of the huge interest in the case, and this is bound to influence them to a degree in getting things wrapped up.

If we don't get a decision by the start of the season (this is extremely, extremely unlikely) then the season will start anyway, and theoretically could then be stopped (this was confirmed in court to Lord Clark).

We still don't know if United were actually represented at proceedings, can anyone here with club connections confirm if our QC was in the (virtual) room throughout?

Last edited by AlwaysUnited (25/7/2020 8:05 am)

25/7/2020 11:15 am  #85

Who is on SFA panel  ?

What clubs are they from ?

Is there an avenue for asking Lord Clark for an extension  ?

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (25/7/2020 12:28 pm)

26/7/2020 2:39 am  #86

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Who is on SFA panel  ?

1) We don't know.

2) They are not from clubs, they are individuals with legal experience who were on the SFA list. Hearts and Partick picked one, the SPFL picked one, and then the two of them picked a chairperson.

3) An extension from what?

26/7/2020 5:16 pm  #87

Given that the hearing was finished on Wednesday, and the arbitrators have taken since then to consider their verdict, not to jinx it or that, but you’d have to think they’ve taken the option of awarding Hearts and Partick compensation, and are simply taking all this time to consider what the figure is.

26/7/2020 9:10 pm  #88

JerryDungle wrote:

Given that the hearing was finished on Wednesday, and the arbitrators have taken since then to consider their verdict, not to jinx it or that, but you’d have to think they’ve taken the option of awarding Hearts and Partick compensation, and are simply taking all this time to consider what the figure is.

which may explain the phantom BBC report from the other day. Maybe Mr McLaughlin jumped the gun. Perhaps was told something ‘off the record’

26/7/2020 9:15 pm  #89

MockChop wrote:

JerryDungle wrote:

which may explain the phantom BBC report from the other day. Maybe Mr McLaughlin jumped the gun. Perhaps was told something ‘off the record’

No, McLaughlin was on sportsound on Saturday suggesting things were looking promising for Hearts/Thistle (assume speculating) so certainly didn’t have any knowledge on vote going our way.

26/7/2020 9:44 pm  #90

I’d agree that the longer it goes the more likely compo will be the verdict, if it were to be in Hearts and thistles or thrown out altogether then that would be a reasonably quick process. Think they will be taking into account the impact on them and a ‘fair’ price to be given.

26/7/2020 9:57 pm  #91

But why would they get compensated unless they won their case?

And if they win their case it's for reinstatement (as if the vote to end the season didn't happen).

I think Hearts put out a compensation figure as a fall back and they made it as ridiculous as possible, their court case at the CoS was for reinstatement to the top flight.

26/7/2020 10:31 pm  #92

If Hearts thought they had a chance of reinstatement, surely they’d be in training

26/7/2020 10:37 pm  #93

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Who is on SFA panel  ?

1) We don't know.

2) They are not from clubs, they are individuals with legal experience who were on the SFA list. Hearts and Partick picked one, the SPFL picked one, and then the two of them picked a chairperson.

3) An extension from what?

3)  An extension so's panel can stuff around some more reaching decision.
For practical purposes this would allow season to start and it's a done deal irrespective.

3a) When is his Lordship's 28 days up  ? ... is it 28 day or day after 28th ?

Could this happen ?   Say for example - panel to stuff around till Tuesday,  draft response Wednesday.  Get slot with his Lordship Thursday / Friday,  fartarse around some more, ask for extension till the next week by which time it's all a moot point.

Plausible  ?  I don't know.   But I'd imagine representatives from SFA SPFL won't be in any great rush given increasingly tight deadline.    . ..... Also the nearer that deadline gets the greater the leverage on HOM/Partick to accept compo.

But then what do I know ?
 - The law works in mysterious ways
-  Decision is a contradiction in terms when it comes to SFA/SPFL

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (26/7/2020 10:38 pm)

26/7/2020 10:44 pm  #94

MockChop wrote:

If Hearts thought they had a chance of reinstatement, surely they’d be in training

Only Premiership clubs have permission to train from the government I believe so they couldn’t train even if they wanted to.

26/7/2020 10:58 pm  #95

KdyArab wrote:

MockChop wrote:

Only Premiership clubs have permission to train from the government I believe so they couldn’t train even if they wanted to.

Good points

26/7/2020 11:14 pm  #96

KdyArab wrote:

MockChop wrote:

Got ya

27/7/2020 12:21 am  #97

If Hearts were to win their case to remain in the Premiership, given the fact they are not currently training as per government rules, the season would have to be delayed to allow them to get "up to speed".

Consequently, if we had to stay in the Championship as a result of the above happening, we SHOULD be entitled to a similar amount of compo as Hearts/Thistle have indicated in court papers.

If the season is delayed this will affect the TV deal, as well as all clubs preparations.

I can't see this being allowed to happen. A small amount of compo may be offered to both clubs then recovered for the misdemeanor of taking the case to the Courts initially.

27/7/2020 9:43 am  #98

Hearts were already 80% relegated based on the numbers of games played. Their claim is for what they say would be the cost of a season in the Championship, although they were selected for relegation/demotion without a ball being kicked.
Hard knecked bastards

27/7/2020 10:04 am  #99

Beharder wrote:

Hearts were already 80% relegated based on the numbers of games played. Their claim is for what they say would be the cost of a season in the Championship, although they were selected for relegation/demotion without a ball being kicked.
Hard knecked bastards

If (and this is a very big if) they can prove that the vote wasn't held in accordance with company law, then I'd suggest that they will have been vindicated in pursuing a case. Wouldn't you have expected United to do something similar, at the very least take whatever action they deem necessary to protect the interests of the club.

Also 80% relegated doesn't mean a thing, as we've seen by the numerous "great escapes" that happen in various leagues every year.

As a United fan, I hope the Hearts/Partick motion fails, but I also won't criticise Hearts for bringing the case, if (again, big if) they have genuine evidence and can prove that company law was broken. It'll be up to the SPFL to find some sort of an solution if that happens.

Let's hope it doesn't though.

Last edited by AlwaysUnited (27/7/2020 10:05 am)

27/7/2020 10:19 am  #100

IMO 80% relegated is relevant. I can't be bothered checking but sure there are a number of great escapes but my guess would be that the majority (maybe 80%) of teams who are bottom with 8 games to go stay bottom.

Board footera