Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20/7/2020 12:06 pm  #51

Re: Arbitration Day?

AlwaysUnited wrote:

So by all accounts arbitration starts today, I wonder what everyone thinks.

My understanding of the case (based solely on information that has been made public) is that Hearts are primarily basing their case on the legality of the infamous Dundee "no" vote. Under company law there is not usually an "adopt or reject" option, merely an adopt option with 28 days to reply. Dundee, as we all know, sent a reject/no vote, which went to the SPFL spam folder. Is it legal to change that "reject/no" vote to an "accept/yes" vote - this will be a crucial point. I would imagine Hearts/PT may make arguments about the general governance surrounding the vote - who said what to whom in between Dundee's two votes - it will be up to the panel to consider how that might affect the balance of probability. There may be other arguments to be introduced though, what does everyone else think? If the panel find that the vote was not legally sound where on earth do we go from there? A revote? Forced reconstruction (do the SPFL have the executive power to impose this)? United forced to remain in the Championship? Compensation for Hearts and Partick? What do others think on this one?

As I alluded to in another post, I remain to be totally convinced that United/Cove/Raith will actually be directly represented in this action. The case remains between the two protagonists, and I am not sure what arguments our QC might introduce that the SPFL QC will not - others may know more than me though. 

I am very interested to hear if the monies raised over the last week or so will be used to fund the losses incurred from the previous Court of Session appearance, or if this is to fund ongoing representation. I don't know the answer to this question, perhaps someone here with more knowledge of the case can confirm? I do think with such a substantial sum of money, it's only right and proper that fans are told what it's being spent on, rather than the somewhat opaque "legal funds". 

I had the misfortune of spending some time on the Jambos Kickback forum over the weekend, I now know where the QCs of Scotland spend their free time, as every poster on there would seem to be a legal expert.

What does everyone else think? It's potentially a momentous week for the club, how's it going to play out in your opinion?

I am of the opinion Hearts and Partick will attempt to use the way the SPFL said that money could not be paid until this was resolved as a method of coercion which lead to team voting for the ending of the season to have money released and they will contest saying money could have been distributed without ending the season in addition to the above.

I believe the ultimate goal here for Hearts and Partick is compensation for the season they will be in the lower leagues.  If the outcome backs the vote and the process but suggests some changes and the two teams are awarded compensation then despite making a lot of noise to the contrary they will accept and seek promotion at the first attempt.  I would be very surprised if there is to be another vote or reconstruction is brought back in, but this is Scottish football so nothing should surprise me!!

20/7/2020 12:12 pm  #52

The SFA charge is completely separate from arbitration. It's a procedural outcome of Hearts and PT taking their issue to Court and not requesting arbitration. A straightforward breaking of the SFA Rules. 

Arbitration is the SFA's preferred mechanism for resolving disputes. It is arranged by them but they are completely impartial otherwise I.e.The SFA Charge will have no bearing on the outcome.

FWIW, I think they will decide to award compensation but stand by the results of the vote and subsequent promotions/relegations.

20/7/2020 12:26 pm  #53

Compensation for both ‘wronged clubs’ and nothing near what they are chasing.

Based on absolutely nothing.

20/7/2020 12:57 pm  #54

If their case centres around the Dundee vote and if they can actually make a case, prove it and have it accepted the vote was dodgy, then it's a re-vote.

Given the timetables, timescales and all the planning that's gone on, can anyone see any club voting any differently?

Personally I think all decisions stand, Hearts might get an elevated payout.

Either way, i'll either be watching Premiership football next season or i'll be giving up on football, looking for a refund on last season's money, suspending payments for this season and looking for my first instalment of this one back.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

20/7/2020 1:04 pm  #55

David_Blunkett wrote:

If their case centres around the Dundee vote and if they can actually make a case, prove it and have it accepted the vote was dodgy, then it's a re-vote.

Given the timetables, timescales and all the planning that's gone on, can anyone see any club voting any differently?

Either way, i'll either be watching Premiership football next season or i'll be giving up on football, looking for a refund on last season's money, suspending payments for this season and looking for my first instalment of this one back.

It’ll be pretty hard to take an interest in Scottish football if we get shafted over this to be honest.

20/7/2020 3:02 pm  #56

David_Blunkett wrote:

If it is a re-vote it would be a complete cluster fuck if the vote went the other way i.e. clubs voted to finish the season.

The vote would surely go the same way therefore. Anything else is self sabotage on Scottish football's part.

After that Hearts/Partick would have to just get on with it imo. If they tried to go to court again to win compo they would run the risk of having their membership revoked.

20/7/2020 3:30 pm  #57

Tek wrote:

David_Blunkett wrote:

If it is a re-vote it would be a complete cluster fuck if the vote went the other way i.e. clubs voted to finish the season.

The vote would surely go the same way therefore. Anything else is self sabotage on Scottish football's part.

After that Hearts/Partick would have to just get on with it imo. If they tried to go to court again to win compo they would run the risk of having their membership revoked.

They are already at risk of having their membership revoked

20/7/2020 3:51 pm  #58

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

David_Blunkett wrote:

They are already at risk of having their membership revoked

While that's true, for a first offence (I assume this is a first offence) one wouldn't expect them to have the book thrown at them with a maximum penalty.

If they went back to court a second time, one would envisage a harsher penalty.

Personally, I suspect the SFA will have taken note of Lord Clarke's comments about the potential legality of any penalty, and any punishment will be minimum. A suspended financial penalty wouldn't be a shock. As ever, time will tell.

22/7/2020 1:53 am  #59

"Arbitration interviews with important witnesses has finished and the two relegated clubs now have an end in sight."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-partick-thistle-face-relegation-22393972

24/7/2020 11:35 am  #60

Pinch of salt, Twitter rumour that result is at 12.30

24/7/2020 12:37 pm  #61

LarsErikKjell wrote:

Pinch of salt, Twitter rumour that result is at 12.30

Also read on twitter that the outcome won't be known until Monday 🙄

24/7/2020 2:45 pm  #63

re the above post - the link to the article takes you to a blank page. appears it was published earlier then taken down...

24/7/2020 3:28 pm  #64

Fuck sake, sick of fucking waiting now

24/7/2020 3:44 pm  #65

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Same.

The whole summer has been a shambles with this whole fucking process.

24/7/2020 3:56 pm  #66

bowers wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Same.

The whole summer has been a shambles with this whole fucking process.

Fucking painful mate. We should all have been able to be excited by the build up to our return to the top flight, transfer talk and expectations for the season ahead, but instead it's all been about that haggard old bitch and her shambles of a club.

SFA get your fucking fingers out and get it done with, 8 fucking days to the new season starting and we are still in limbo!

I think we as a club should sue Anne Budge over the disruption she's caused our club through absolutely no fault of our own.

24/7/2020 7:27 pm  #67

Nommi57 wrote:

Surprised nobody has mentioned bbc article on mad forum re arrbitration

They have 🙄

24/7/2020 7:30 pm  #68

Leave him alone, I like Nomates57

24/7/2020 7:35 pm  #69

Finn Seemann wrote:

Leave him alone, I like Nomates57

😂😂

24/7/2020 8:01 pm  #70

Can't believe there's folk standing up for this bellend tbh 🤔

24/7/2020 8:20 pm  #71

Nommi57 wrote:

Surprised any of you noticed what with all your drama's about ur new kits and fancy tv channels.

What is wrong with showing excitement about either of those?

24/7/2020 9:09 pm  #72

Agreed, I just can't make my mind up if you're one sandwich short of a picnic or having a laugh...

24/7/2020 9:25 pm  #73

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Please refrain from personal abuse.

It's not what this Forum is about.

24/7/2020 9:57 pm  #74

Tek wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Please refrain from personal abuse.

It's not what this Forum is about.

No problem but seriously, this guy is at it. Jumping on every thread talking nonsense and annoying folk for the hell of it, pretty sure that's also not what the forum is about.

24/7/2020 10:12 pm  #75

Arbitration too important to get dragged off topic by Nomates, last 10 posts stem from his crap.
I'm totally struggling maself but try'n no rise.

Board footera