Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

18/6/2024 8:25 pm  #276

Re: Summer transfer window 2024

And Lewis O'Donnell staying for another two years.

Also -

Ruairidh Adams
Adam Carnwath
Sam Cleall Harding
Sean Borland
Brandon Forbes

All signing new contracts.

18/6/2024 10:32 pm  #277

David_Blunkett wrote:

Cudjoe confirmed as off.

It is a shame that he didn't work out as he had something about him, but I think he was lucky to have a new contract offer to be honest. 

He was no Jerren Nicon

19/6/2024 2:37 am  #278

nomad wrote:

It is a shame that he didn't work out as he had something about him, but I think he was lucky to have a new contract offer to be honest.

The Utd statement regarding his departure was rather curt to put it mildly.

No thanks or best wishes. Bit poor imo, bit classless.

The wee man gave 100% and played his small part in getting us back to the Prem.

Don't really blame him for moving on either, don't think Goodwin ever utilised him properly.

19/6/2024 4:11 am  #279

Tek wrote:

nomad wrote:

Don't really blame him for moving on either, don't think Goodwin ever utilised him properly.

Perhaps he was a bit of a cock behind the scenes? Maybe he didn't get the best wishes because he had a shite attitude and thought he was a lot better than he is. Just saying like

19/6/2024 4:51 am  #280

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Perhaps he was a bit of a cock behind the scenes? Maybe he didn't get the best wishes because he had a shite attitude and thought he was a lot better than he is. Just saying like

United have done this before and it has pretty much always been with players who have had some kind of an attitude problem or who have tried to screw the club in some way during contract negotiations. He had decent ability and brought something different to the team but the fact that Goodwin gave him very limited playing time is pretty telling, I think. My guess is his attitude wasn't what Goodwin is looking for.

19/6/2024 6:35 am  #281

Canadian Arab wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

United have done this before and it has pretty much always been with players who have had some kind of an attitude problem or who have tried to screw the club in some way during contract negotiations. He had decent ability and brought something different to the team but the fact that Goodwin gave him very limited playing time is pretty telling, I think. My guess is his attitude wasn't what Goodwin is looking for.

Seems the most plausible explanation to me. I'll forget him easily anyway, Dundee United will always be first and foremost over any player that wants to leave for greener pastures.

19/6/2024 7:55 am  #282

Tek wrote:

Macho Man wrote:

Without knowing where Ferry is going to play, I reckon we're at least a keeper, a left back, a right back, a left sided winger, a right sided winger and an attacking midfielder away from having a semi decent team with a lot of unproven kids as back up.

We need a Striker surely?

Moult gets injured (a strong possibility) then there's only really Watt.

Reckon McLeod will go on loan.

Yeah, we probably do.  I was hoping my comment about "a decent team with a lot of unproven kids as back up" would show that those positions in my list would give us a decent starting 11 only.

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

19/6/2024 10:43 am  #283

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

nomad wrote:

Told anyone who'd listen that he was going to Celtic then Chelsea. 
No issue with ambition whatsoever but try being a mainstay in a Scottish Championship side before you claim you're going to play champions league. 

19/6/2024 5:08 pm  #284

19/6/2024 5:53 pm  #285

If he can do half the job that Mio or Petric did for us, I'll be happy. Welcome to the Carnforth Contruction Arena Vicko!

20/6/2024 12:19 am  #286

Great technical players from that part of the World. If he can handle the physicality of Scottish Football then we could be on to a winner with Vicko.

Good interview with him on club Youtube channel. Liked him saying he wants to impress the supporters immediately, starting on Saturday vs Brechin. That's the attitude i like.

Btw, first Croatian to play for Utd? Think he is.

20/6/2024 7:47 am  #287

Tek wrote:

Great technical players from that part of the World. If he can handle the physicality of Scottish Football then we could be on to a winner with Vicko.

Good interview with him on club Youtube channel. Liked him saying he wants to impress the supporters immediately, starting on Saturday vs Brechin. That's the attitude i like.

Great attitude in the interview, got a good feeling about him, looks a unit.

Apparently the second Dragutin Ristic, signed from Falkirk, played 1 game, fingers crossed this lad is better 😂

20/6/2024 9:03 am  #288

Just looking at the departures in your Signings 24/25 post TEK & what hit me was numbers 8-11, all gone in one fell swoop. Sad really, that was once the core of the future. And whatever happened to  number 4?

20/6/2024 10:43 am  #289

SuperMario wrote:

Tek wrote:

Apparently the second Dragutin Ristic, signed from Falkirk, played 1 game, fingers crossed this lad is better 😂

Ristic played a lot more than 1 game.

20/6/2024 11:30 am  #290

Shedtastic wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

Tek wrote:

Ristic played a lot more than 1 game.

Correct just looked at Arab archive 16 games 3 goals

20/6/2024 10:55 pm  #291

Reckon we will see a new signing in the new strip tomorrow?

21/6/2024 6:50 pm  #292

Ryan strain 2 year deal, brilliant signing

21/6/2024 6:54 pm  #293

SuperMario wrote:

Ryan strain 2 year deal, brilliant signing

Great signing for us. Meant to have been really good for St. Mirren the last couple years, had bother with injury last season but hopefully that’s behind him now. Still lots to do, but I’m quite excited by our business so far. Bit of imagination went into some of these signings rather than just your typical run of the mill SPL signings.

Last edited by JerryDungle (21/6/2024 6:56 pm)

21/6/2024 7:32 pm  #294

100% going three at back, both full backs we’ve signed a proper attack wing backs, looking forward to watching this team

21/6/2024 8:55 pm  #295

Spoke to a couple of St,Mirren supporters. Think Strain is a good player, but also think he's a sicknote.

Read elsewhere he's only been available for 54% of matches in his 3 years in Paisley. That's not good at all.

Hopefully his injuries are behind him, but i'm cautious on this signing, and all our signings so far. 

Would like a good few attacking signings in now (and a NO.1 and a cover LB).

21/6/2024 9:04 pm  #296

Tek wrote:

Spoke to a couple of St,Mirren supporters. Think Strain is a good player, but also think he's a sicknote.

Read elsewhere he's only been available for 54% of matches in his 3 years in Paisley. That's not good at all.

Hopefully his injuries are behind him, but i'm cautious on this signing, and all our signings so far. 

2 years in Paisley( signed in June 22) and 64 appearances altogether ( Not bad going), was out with a groin injury from September and came back towards the end of the season. Currently away with the Australian national squad. I think you're being a bit negative about the guy tbh, anyone can get injured at any time.

21/6/2024 9:17 pm  #297

Tek wrote:

Holt is cover for LB

21/6/2024 9:48 pm  #298

Beardy23 wrote:

Tek wrote:

Holt is cover for LB

If we go three at back, Middleton would be a decent wingback.

21/6/2024 9:59 pm  #299

I'm enthusiastic about the outs and ins so far. Agree with Tek that I'd now like to see one or two more attacking signings, as well as a starting keeper (I'm still assuming the lad brought in is not intended to be the starter).

I've felt for a long time that Goodwin should be capable of putting a decent team together. When we went down, those weren't his players. Last season wasn't great viewing a lot of the time but he brought in a few horses for courses and did the job he was asked to do at the first time of asking. Virtually every player he has let go is a player who the majority of the United support probably thought should be released (maybe McMann was questioned by many of us but can't argue about the replacement). And while it's too early to be certain, it looks like the lads he is bringing in are a step up in quality. I am beginning to like the guy and I think he could turn out to be the best manager we've had since the Levein/Houston era (though there's not much competition for that title).

21/6/2024 10:37 pm  #300

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

2 years in Paisley( signed in June 22) and 64 appearances altogether ( Not bad going), was out with a groin injury from September and came back towards the end of the season. Currently away with the Australian national squad. I think you're being a bit negative about the guy tbh, anyone can get injured at any time.

I'm just saying what St.Mirren's fans are saying, as fact (they watched him after all).

Injured a lot and when he does play often only lasts 60/70 minutes.

I did say they thought that aside he was a good player, so not sure how i'm being negative? 

Board footera