Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/9/2022 1:52 pm  #101

Re: Who do you want as next Utd Manager?

Just waiting on AU/Tony coming on and claiming this is the best appointment possible after a worldwide search.

22/9/2022 2:24 pm  #102

Any search that's result is Stevie Crawford has to be flawed regardless of how wide or narrow the net has been cast.  This is simply reflective of how low TA has taken us.  I feel sorry for Dylan Levitt.

22/9/2022 2:33 pm  #103

Interestingly UnitedinPursuit is an anagram that describes Tony very well...U uninspired tit.

22/9/2022 5:09 pm  #104

The usual drama and overreaction to the Impending appointments.
Fox has just as much chance as being a success at Tannadice as anyone else in our price range.

22/9/2022 5:18 pm  #105

Finn Seemann wrote:

Interestingly UnitedinPursuit is an anagram that describes Tony very well...U uninspired tit.

That's cheered me up no end Finn. FAF.

22/9/2022 6:11 pm  #106

Stillliving wrote:

Fox has just as much chance as being a success at Tannadice as anyone else in our price range.

That's the issue really if we don't stop pishing the cash against the wall then we'll be in the market for players in return for a set of tracksuits like our neighbours.  It is the mismanagement that has us in this position - nothing else.  MO is in up to the tune of £10M by all accounts - what have we got in return for that - precious little.

22/9/2022 6:12 pm  #107

I actually think it's quite a brave and insightful appointment. Asghar knows it's not a popular choice with the fans or a so called "big name" but he's obviously seen the work that Liam has done at close quarters, and he believes that he is the best man for Dundee United.

Now let's all get behind our new man.

22/9/2022 6:20 pm  #108

Finn Seemann wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

That's the issue really if we don't stop pishing the cash against the wall then we'll be in the market for players in return for a set of tracksuits like our neighbours.  It is the mismanagement that has us in this position - nothing else.  MO is in up to the tune of £10M by all accounts - what have we got in return for that - precious little.

When MO took over we had just stumbled into the play offs in the 2nd tier. We are now back in top league and just qualified for Europe  for the first time in 10years.
Without Ogren we had as much chance of falling down to 3rd tier  as we did of promotion back to the top tier.
You may call that precious little,  I dont

22/9/2022 6:44 pm  #109

Stillliving wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

When MO took over we had just stumbled into the play offs in the 2nd tier. We are now back in top league and just qualified for Europe for the first time in 10years.
Without Ogren we had as much chance of falling down to 3rd tier as we did of promotion back to the top tier.
You may call that precious little, I dont

The emboldened above is unhelpful hyperbole.  I too am grateful for MO's intervention and continued support of the club (although I fear he may see at some point that the pipe dream of a return on his 'investment' is just that - a pipe dream, and what then?).  Give any team in Scotland a £10M injection and they'll be playing in the top league in a short space of time.  My gripe is not with Ogren per se.  It is with his totally naive choice of management team that has despite burning plenty of MO's hard-earned (as well as a lot of punters) stumbled from one feck up to another.  If people cannot see that this is undermining our club then I suggest surgery for the removal of the tangerine tinted spectacles.  If things don't change we are only heading in one direction.  Even the world famous super computer has us being relegated.  With our budget that should simply be impossible, but not with this clown at the rudder.

22/9/2022 7:21 pm  #110

Finn Seemann wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

When MO took over we had just stumbled into the play offs in the 2nd tier. We are now back in top league and just qualified for Europe for the first time in 10years.
Without Ogren we had as much chance of falling down to 3rd tier as we did of promotion back to the top tier.

The emboldened above is unhelpful hyperbole.  I too am grateful for MO's intervention and continued support of the club (although I fear he may see at some point that the pipe dream of a return on his 'investment' is just that - a pipe dream, and what then?).  Give any team in Scotland a £10M injection and they'll be playing in the top league in a short space of time.  My gripe is not with Ogren per se.  It is with his totally naive choice of management team that has despite burning plenty of MO's hard-earned (as well as a lot of punters) stumbled from one feck up to another.  If people cannot see that this is undermining our club then I suggest surgery for the removal of the tangerine tinted spectacles.  If things don't change we are only heading in one direction.  Even the world famous super computer has us being relegated.  With our budget that should simply be impossible, but not with this clown at the rudder.

It is far from hyperbole to suggest we could have been heading for the 3rd tier. What happened to Dunfermilne & Falkirk could easily have happened to UTD. We had some abysmal players bought by shambles, crowds were down and becoming toxic.
If you think  there's no chance of us going to the 3rd before MOs injection of capital I suggest you should maybe remove your tangerine tinted spectacles

22/9/2022 8:20 pm  #111

Finn Seemann wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

It is not your opinions I have a gripe with per se, it is that fact that you attack people who disagree with you in such a repetitive and uninspired fashion

22/9/2022 9:13 pm  #112

nomad wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

It is not your opinions I have a gripe with per se, it is that fact that you attack people who disagree with you in such a repetitive and uninspired fashion

WTF are you on about?  “attack people”. You’re having a laugh?  Is this place not about debate. Don’t think I have been personal at all!  I’ve got no issue with people having different views. Life would be feckin dull if they didn’t!  Sorry for offending your sensibilities, I’m sure, I’ll try to think of better ways to say Asghar out.

Last edited by Finn Seemann (22/9/2022 9:30 pm)

22/9/2022 9:19 pm  #113

Stillliving wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

It is far from hyperbole to suggest we could have been heading for the 3rd tier. What happened to Dunfermilne & Falkirk could easily have happened to UTD. We had some abysmal players bought by shambles, crowds were down and becoming toxic.
If you think  there's no chance of us going to the 3rd before MOs injection of capital I suggest you should maybe remove your tangerine tinted spectacles

I don’t think we were in danger of dropping to the 3rd tier. Our glorious neighbours have proven that even as shit as they have been a club of our size will not. Falkirk and Dunfermline are much smaller clubs. We are however more likely to disappear completely if we go bust.

22/9/2022 9:21 pm  #114

Finn Seemann wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

I don’t think we were in danger of dropping to the 3rd tier. Our glorious neighbours have proven that even as shit as they have been a club of our size will not. Falkirk and Dunfermline are much smaller clubs. We are however more likely to disappear completely if we go bust.

Yawn

22/9/2022 9:30 pm  #115

Finn Seemann wrote:

nomad wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

WTF are you on about?  “attack people”. You’re having a laugh?  Is this place not about debate. Don’t think I have been personal at all!  I’ve got no issue with people having different views. Life would be feckin dull if they didn’t!  Sorry for offending your sensibilities, I’m sure, I’ll try to think of better ways to say Asghar out. Tool.

Can't make out if that's a serious reply or an attempt at self-parody

22/9/2022 9:32 pm  #116

Very good…

22/9/2022 9:33 pm  #117

nomad wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

Yawn

Go to bed if you’re tired…

22/9/2022 9:44 pm  #118

Finn Seemann wrote:

nomad wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

Yawn

Go to bed if you’re tired…

🤣🤣

23/9/2022 9:00 am  #119

Goes without saying that any manager gets 100% backing from the fans. It’s what we do.

But, if this fails, and he leaves at the end of the season, like many before him, then he can’t be the only one to depart.

Last edited by MockChop (23/9/2022 9:00 am)

23/9/2022 12:31 pm  #120

So the 'stringent' process comes to an end and the result is not surprisingly the cheap guy already at Tannadice.  Possibly surprising (if it hadn't been leaked by our leaky management team over a week ago) is the return of prolific club servant Stevie Crawford.

Oh well, as Mock says they'll get my 'support', especially if they spot the glaring holes in the team.  I say support, but currently not intending to go back to Tannadice until the Sporting Dictator departs.

23/9/2022 12:33 pm  #121

Finn Seemann wrote:

So the 'stringent' process comes to an end and the result is not surprisingly the cheap guy already at Tannadice.  Possibly surprising (if it hadn't been leaked by our leaky management team over a week ago) is the return of prolific club servant Stevie Crawford.

Oh well, as Mock says they'll get my 'support', especially if they spot the glaring holes in the team.  I say support, but currently not intending to go back to Tannadice until the Sporting Dictator departs.

Same here. Won’t be back until he is gone.

23/9/2022 12:37 pm  #122

Once again the Sporting Director gets the blame for everything.

I for one will be waiting to see how this appointment goes before calling for anyone's head. I respect those who have a differing view.

23/9/2022 12:41 pm  #123

Massive wet pump of an appointment however it was like the morning after a dodgy curry, you knew this was coming.

Good luck to Tony, Stevie and Liam hopefully they can turn this round.

Let get behind the guys.

Last edited by CCX2 2010 (23/9/2022 12:43 pm)

23/9/2022 1:00 pm  #124

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Once again the Sporting Director gets the blame for everything.

I for one will be waiting to see how this appointment goes before calling for anyone's head. I respect those who have a differing view.

Well he is in charge of everything and pretty much singularly responsible for the current state of affairs.  To be clear he is well passed any waiting to see what happens for me - be that good, bad or indifferent.

As for Fox and Crawford, despite the disappointment that we haven't tried to look beyond the end of our noses, I genuinely hope that they are given the chance to turn it round (by both the Dictator and the players) and that they do so.  On paper we have some decent players and, despite the glaring errors in squad building, it is not impossible for us to go on to have a decent season. 

23/9/2022 1:07 pm  #125

The new dream team

Fauntleroy Fox and Crawford Crow

Uch canny do images - just google the names if you can be bothered.  Fox will need to lose the blue bow tie though...

Last edited by Finn Seemann (23/9/2022 1:08 pm)

Board footera