Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

18/3/2019 3:15 am  #1

Great Scottish Matches #8 - Rangers 0 Hearts 3

3 Ex-Dundee United Silver kissers in Rangers back 5 on the day (and a future Utd Cult Hero in attacking midfield).

But even they are unable to stop a superb display of counter attacking football from Heart of Midlothian on the day.

Allan Johnstone unplayable on the day (got 3, really should have scored 5). The outstanding player on the pitch (no mean feat considering Brian Laudrup shared the same pitch).

A few other quick observations...

1) Rangers pitch was a quagmire. Yet, the fitba was good from both teams. Modern day players have too many 'excuses'.
2) Neil Pointon and Alan Lawrence (mis-named Lawrenson by Derek Johnstone afterwards) were very underrated players.
3) I had quite forgot both Paul Hegarty and Gordon Wallace were coaches at Hearts.

19/3/2019 8:36 pm  #2

Re: Great Scottish Matches #8 - Rangers 0 Hearts 3

Tek wrote:

3 Ex-Dundee United Silver kissers in Rangers back 5 on the day (and a future Utd Cult Hero in attacking midfield).

But even they are unable to stop a superb display of counter attacking football from Heart of Midlothian on the day.

Allan Johnstone unplayable on the day (got 3, really should have scored 5). The outstanding player on the pitch (no mean feat considering Brian Laudrup shared the same pitch).

1) Rangers pitch was a quagmire. Yet, the fitba was good from both teams. Modern day players have too many 'excuses'.
2) Neil Pointon and Alan Lawrence (mis-named Lawrenson by Derek Johnstone afterwards) were very underrated players.
3) I had quite forgot both Paul Hegarty and Gordon Wallace were coaches at Hearts.

Really enjoyed that Tek. Great thread. Also, was that Davie Dodds in the Rangers dugout - I think?

20/3/2019 12:45 am  #3

Re: Great Scottish Matches #8 - Rangers 0 Hearts 3

redford_must_score wrote:

Tek wrote:

Really enjoyed that Tek. Great thread. Also, was that Davie Dodds in the Rangers dugout - I think?

Yes.

He was there for many years as both a player and then first team coach.

Walter Smith took him to Everton with him as well as a coach (and Archie Knox).

Board footera