Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/11/2014 11:20 pm  #1

Lack of striking options.

Must must fucking MUST be addressed in January or sooner if possible.

Threatening to completely derail what could be a great season.

We have the spine of a good side there.

Mon Jackie this is a big part of management i'e' 'wheeling+dealing'.

We've lost (this year) Goodie,El Alagui,Graham,Hilson and Gardyne and signed Bilate,who imo is rotten.

Signing/s needed in attack ASAP.And one's who are ready to play first team fitba immediately too.Not 'one's for the future'.

07/11/2014 11:25 pm  #2

Re: Lack of striking options.

plenty great attacking options...just dinna need to walk the ball into the net at times...spittal scores ot connellys strike goes in we'd have walked that game...would like to see a  striker hold it up better but not drastic imo

i'd play butcher instead of rankin just now...he's been very quiet

07/11/2014 11:37 pm  #3

Stobes we have an abundance of players who can create attacks.But very few who can finish.

Erskine has shown he can actually,but for whatever reason jackie never plays him upfront.

We sign a penalty box striker and were 3 nil up tonight before 'Well get their 2nd wind.

Baffles me how people keep supporting Jackie on this one tbh.

The imbalance in the squad is evident to see IMO.

07/11/2014 11:38 pm  #4

penalty box strikers that rattle in the goals don't grow on trees bud....we'll see in Jan if he goes for one...

07/11/2014 11:42 pm  #5

stobievulture wrote:

penalty box strikers that rattle in the goals don't grow on trees bud....we'll see in Jan if he goes for one...

Oh i know,but he has had a fair bit of time to work on this now.

As i say wheeling'n'dealing is a big part of management at this level.

I expect a forward in January.

08/11/2014 12:05 am  #6

TEK wrote:

Stobes we have an abundance of players who can create attacks.But very few who can finish.

Erskine has shown he can actually,but for whatever reason jackie never plays him upfront.

We sign a penalty box striker and were 3 nil up tonight before 'Well get their 2nd wind.

Baffles me how people keep supporting Jackie on this one tbh.

The imbalance in the squad is evident to see IMO.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but:-

Erskine is top goalscorer for us and has been up front for us part of a game once, reluctantly, and nonscoring.

Another poster, hope it was on here, explained perfectly that three solo strikers were more than enough for our present squad, before BG refused to fight for his place, Bilate had hammy probs and Ciftci's attitude deficit got worse.

We're short of options up front, but it's not down to Jackie.

And that's why I still support him.

That, and being top of the league right now.

08/11/2014 12:40 am  #7

I'm sick of hearing that we couldnae forsee the Graham situation (that's no meant as a dig at you btw Bugs,or anyone else).

Players and Managers have rucks aw the time.Wee Jim fell-oot wi his players on a weekly basis.

Brian Graham should have been either told to either keep his trap shut and get on wi it and prove himself when selected OR given an arm around his shoulder and told that he was still a part of jackie's plans and to keep the faith.Depending on what type of character he was.

He should not have been prized to another premiership team until a replacement was sought.

Going through a season with only 2 forwards is just never gonna work.Even playing 4231.

08/11/2014 12:53 am  #8

TEK wrote:

I'm sick of hearing that we couldnae forsee the Graham situation (that's no meant as a dig at you btw Bugs,or anyone else).

Players and Managers have rucks aw the time.Wee Jim fell-oot wi his players on a weekly basis.

Brian Graham should have been either told to either keep his trap shut and get on wi it and prove himself when selected OR given an arm around his shoulder and told that he was still a part of jackie's plans and to keep the faith.Depending on what type of character he was.

He should not have been prized to another premiership team until a replacement was sought.

Going through a season with only 2 forwards is just never gonna work.Even playing 4231.

Jackie had his arm around his shoulder the whole season but who could've foreseen that BG wasn't willing to play for his place or even prove himself when selected?

08/11/2014 1:00 am  #9

Listening to Graham in Holland he was DESPERATE to play for Utd,desperate to be a success.

We had signed Bilate at the time (he played that night,Graham never iirc).

Either Jackie decided he just didnae rate him and binned him or there was a huge bust-up.

Either way to leave us with just 2 forwards is poor management IMO.

It is the main obstacle to us having a good season.No a great season,actually.

08/11/2014 1:41 am  #10

Regardless of timeline, BG (who I rated and still think he will be a success in the SPFL) decided he wasn't going to fight for his place at Utd and, for me, that was him out.

08/11/2014 1:46 am  #11

arabugsy wrote:

Regardless of timeline, BG (who I rated and still think he will be a success in the SPFL) decided he wasn't going to fight for his place at Utd and, for me, that was him out.

Maybe he didn't need to be pushed out though,is my point.

A good few players told wee Jim they wanted out after bust-up's (Hamish,John Clark,Holtie to name a few),but even he had the man-management skills to persuade them to stay with him+Utd and everything resolved itself ok.

08/11/2014 2:23 pm  #12

TEK wrote:

arabugsy wrote:

A good few players told wee Jim they wanted out after bust-up's (Hamish,John Clark,Holtie to name a few),but even he had the man-management skills to persuade them to stay with him+Utd and everything resolved itself ok.

Fair enough, for me if a player doesn't want to be here then he can fuck off.

08/11/2014 2:58 pm  #13

Just need to take our chances and Nadir, GMS and Armstrong to take a fucking game

Yeah yeah Industrial Estate

08/11/2014 3:03 pm  #14

huntedbyafreak wrote:

Just need to take our chances and Nadir, GMS and Armstrong to take a fucking game

absolutely bang on... one is becoming the most frustrating utd player i've ever seen and the other two have ONE goal between them this season

08/11/2014 3:11 pm  #15

To be fair to Ciftci he did ok last night. One decent run and ball bobbled before he struck it. Good ball to Townsend as well. GMS did square root of fuck all and couldn't even put a decent ball in at a corner. Armstrong was ok last night I suppose but really needs to up his game

08/11/2014 3:12 pm  #16

As an aside how many corners did we waste last night? Dreadful delivery. What do they do in training?

08/11/2014 3:18 pm  #17

we're doing well because of the squad thats able to rotate and push one another... we're tripping up because of the same thing...consistancy needs a team that picks itself.. we're gonna be brilliant one week and disappointing the next until jmac finds a settled 11.. its very very difficult when your 3 best players are struggling..

08/11/2014 4:00 pm  #18

GMS fuck knows what's going on with him.

08/11/2014 5:13 pm  #19

BG wins pen then  converts v the curling

08/11/2014 5:16 pm  #20

Good stuff

08/11/2014 5:33 pm  #21

RogerTheAlien wrote:

GMS fuck knows what's going on with him.

Needs a fucking boot up the arse.

Too much commotion

08/11/2014 5:34 pm  #22

huntedbyafreak wrote:

As an aside how many corners did we waste last night? Dreadful delivery. What do they do in training?

I mentioned that after the game. Spittal, Connolly and GMS all hada go at takimg corners and free kicks and were all terrible. A total waste.

Too much commotion

08/11/2014 6:04 pm  #23

arabugsy wrote:

TEK wrote:

arabugsy wrote:

Fair enough, for me if a player doesn't want to be here then he can fuck off.

Be a few others going pretty sharpish if u were in charge then.

08/11/2014 6:07 pm  #24

lifesanocean wrote:

huntedbyafreak wrote:

I mentioned that after the game. Spittal, Connolly and GMS all hada go at takimg corners and free kicks and were all terrible. A total waste.

If players would wear proper boots that get a grip properly that would be a start to solving this problem, the amount of boys slipping last night was shocking.

Board footera