Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27/9/2014 8:37 pm  #1

how long can we stay top for?

i have said before on this board i think even though celtic are very average they will still win title by around 15 points BUT if we can stay top by say january then i think we must have a genuine chance of title but we would need to get a decent left back and another striker in

27/9/2014 10:15 pm  #2

Re: how long can we stay top for?

Next 4 league fixtures would see us into November

Killie - away
Partick - home
ICT - away
St.Mirren - home

if we can win the 2 home games and one of the away one's we can still be top going into November as Accies and Caley will drop points in that time i would imagine.

So to answer your question i think we can be top going into November.

All dependant on form/injuries/suspensions etc etc of course.

But we should be aiming to win everyone of our games in October.

27/9/2014 10:54 pm  #3

I reckon Connor Townsend should be back for the Partick game. Hopefully, John Souttar and Mark Wilson are also back by then too. This should give us more strength in depth. We'll ride it till the wheels fall off.

Too much commotion

27/9/2014 11:10 pm  #4

motherwellarab wrote:

i have said before on this board i think even though celtic are very average they will still win title by around 15 points BUT if we can stay top by say january then i think we must have a genuine chance of title but we would need to get a decent left back and another striker in

By their own standards, Celtic are worse than average. In the absence of the Hun, the board have decided to cheapskate and the result has been an unceremonious dumping out the Champions League (when was the last time they didn't get to the group stages?), made all the more humiliating by them being reinstated to the competion to face a decidely much weaker side than even the Legia Warsaw who royally fucked them over, and still got eliminated from the tournament.

I would imagine figures behind the scenes at Parkhead, supporters of club, and the dressing room itself is growing steadily uneasy with their current situation. Hopefully they can suffer some kind of 'mental break down' this season and allow a 'diddy club' (preferably us), to sneak in and break the 30 year old Old Firm stranglehold on Scottish Football.

Not since Hearts under George Burley (if Romanov could have only slipped into a coma for the rest of that season) has the SPL been so open to a non Old Firm side and the only other time any other club even came close was Aberdeen under Alex Smith back in 1992-93 (I think).......and all credit to them, as they came very very close. On both those occassions which were the only two seasons where a serious challenge was made for the title from an non OF club, one or both of the OF were in top shape. This year, the only OF representative that is in the frame are fucking dire. It is now or never!

Last edited by MatTheCat (27/9/2014 11:22 pm)

28/9/2014 10:57 am  #5

December 19th the day before Celtic at Tannadice is as far as my imagination will stretch but on the other hand firstly we have a very tough game against an improving side in Killie who recorded a good result against Partick yesterday. I hear their talisman Eremenko is back on fire and as a team they are creeping up the League sitting alongside Celtic on 14pts. Let's all be positive but stay calm and focused on each game as it comes. 

Hear their shout, hear their roar
They've probably had a barrel of ale and much, much more
Hooray, hooray, hooray, yeah
Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men

28/9/2014 2:40 pm  #6

Win every game to the end of the season and we're champions. Whether that happens I don't know but hey It's simple.

01/11/2014 8:12 pm  #7

TEK wrote:

So to answer your question i think we can be top going into November.

Always listen tae Faither.

01/11/2014 8:28 pm  #8

the league is now ours

01/11/2014 8:34 pm  #9

If we win the league I'm streaking naked up and down Tannadice Street.

Too much commotion

Board footera