Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/5/2017 8:39 am  #1


Fraser Fyvie

Few rumours on twitter about us being after him.
I've never seen him have a good game against us but he was / is rated.

What's the thoughts? We will have space in the middle once tony and VDV clear off

 

12/5/2017 8:56 am  #2


Re: Fraser Fyvie

Ex Houston Arab wrote:

Few rumours on twitter about us being after him.
I've never seen him have a good game against us but he was / is rated.

What's the thoughts? We will have space in the middle once tony and VDV clear off

VdV has gone a few weeks ago. You never know with Tony, wait and see. 

But as for Fyvie, he's not really the same position, is he? I've always thought of him more playing on the right of midfield. As an aside, are we only attempting to sign players who are out of contract in Edinburgh, especially Hibs?
 

 

12/5/2017 9:22 am  #3


Re: Fraser Fyvie

Heard that Tony expects to be released from Norwich in the summer. 
Might be tempted to stay if we go up but fully expect him to end up at Aberdeen/Rangers/Hearts/Hibs. 

 

12/5/2017 9:23 am  #4


Re: Fraser Fyvie

PatReilly wrote:

Ex Houston Arab wrote:

Few rumours on twitter about us being after him.
I've never seen him have a good game against us but he was / is rated.

What's the thoughts? We will have space in the middle once tony and VDV clear off

VdV has gone a few weeks ago. You never know with Tony, wait and see. 

But as for Fyvie, he's not really the same position, is he? I've always thought of him more playing on the right of midfield. As an aside, are we only attempting to sign players who are out of contract in Edinburgh, especially Hibs?
 

 
I haven't really paid attention to him of late. I know he started as a cm with Aberdeen but I thought he was typical of the Scottish hot prospect and flattered to deceive.
I was thinking that about all the hibs links and hope that's not rays master plan as I imagine a team full of those boys under his leadership would come straight back down.
I know VDV is gone, I don't see us affording wages for tony if it's not a loan. By the look of the other thread spittal could be away and I'd imagine Telfer is off as well due to his wages and how ray cant wait to drop him.
That's leave flood, allardice and hopefully kuate. With murdoch and toshney as a lacklustre back up for our midfield. I'd imagine we'd need some new additions to that motley crew

     •Thread Starter
 

12/5/2017 9:37 am  #5


Re: Fraser Fyvie

So is the plan just to sign all of the players who aren't quite good enough to play in the Premiership for Hibs then?

So glad we appointed Darren Taylor to scour the UK and abroad to enable this revolutionary recruitment process.😃

p.s. Fyvie flatters to deceive for me.Another one of these modern day players who is a winger cum no 10 cum just off the no.9 cum jack of all trades master of none type of players like Ryan Dow,Michael Gardyne,Chris Erskine,Blair Spittal,Tope Obadeyi,Nick Van Der Velden ad infinitum.

 

 

12/5/2017 9:56 am  #6


Re: Fraser Fyvie

Ex Houston Arab wrote:

PatReilly wrote:

Ex Houston Arab wrote:

Few rumours on twitter about us being after him.
I've never seen him have a good game against us but he was / is rated.

What's the thoughts? We will have space in the middle once tony and VDV clear off

VdV has gone a few weeks ago. You never know with Tony, wait and see. 

But as for Fyvie, he's not really the same position, is he? I've always thought of him more playing on the right of midfield. As an aside, are we only attempting to sign players who are out of contract in Edinburgh, especially Hibs?
 

 
I haven't really paid attention to him of late. I know he started as a cm with Aberdeen but I thought he was typical of the Scottish hot prospect and flattered to deceive.
I was thinking that about all the hibs links and hope that's not rays master plan as I imagine a team full of those boys under his leadership would come straight back down.
I know VDV is gone, I don't see us affording wages for tony if it's not a loan. By the look of the other thread spittal could be away and I'd imagine Telfer is off as well due to his wages and how ray cant wait to drop him.
That's leave flood, allardice and hopefully kuate. With murdoch and toshney as a lacklustre back up for our midfield. I'd imagine we'd need some new additions to that motley crew

Is flood not just on a one year deal?
 

 

12/5/2017 10:15 am  #7


Re: Fraser Fyvie

blackandtangerine wrote:

Ex Houston Arab wrote:

PatReilly wrote:


VdV has gone a few weeks ago. You never know with Tony, wait and see. 

But as for Fyvie, he's not really the same position, is he? I've always thought of him more playing on the right of midfield. As an aside, are we only attempting to sign players who are out of contract in Edinburgh, especially Hibs?
 

 
I haven't really paid attention to him of late. I know he started as a cm with Aberdeen but I thought he was typical of the Scottish hot prospect and flattered to deceive.
I was thinking that about all the hibs links and hope that's not rays master plan as I imagine a team full of those boys under his leadership would come straight back down.
I know VDV is gone, I don't see us affording wages for tony if it's not a loan. By the look of the other thread spittal could be away and I'd imagine Telfer is off as well due to his wages and how ray cant wait to drop him.
That's leave flood, allardice and hopefully kuate. With murdoch and toshney as a lacklustre back up for our midfield. I'd imagine we'd need some new additions to that motley crew

Is flood not just on a one year deal?
 

 I think (hope) you are right

     •Thread Starter
 

12/5/2017 10:23 am  #8


Re: Fraser Fyvie

Tek wrote:

So is the plan just to sign all of the players who aren't quite good enough to play in the Premiership for Hibs then?

So glad we appointed Darren Taylor to scour the UK and abroad to enable this revolutionary recruitment process.😃

p.s. Fyvie flatters to deceive for me.Another one of these modern day players who is a winger cum no 10 cum just off the no.9 cum jack of all trades master of none type of players like Ryan Dow,Michael Gardyne,Chris Erskine,Blair Spittal,Tope Obadeyi,Nick Van Der Velden ad infinitum.

 

Could possibly be a bit like Keatings in that he wasn't a first team regular and he may want to play every week! I don't have a problem signing players with that kind of attitude. Appears to be interest from England so I don't think we will have to worry about him signing or not.

Last edited by boabmos (12/5/2017 10:24 am)


I live my life with no remorse or regret!..one life no re-hearsal!!.....lets get naked!!
 

12/5/2017 12:00 pm  #9


Re: Fraser Fyvie

Dina think he's a winger or a #10 think he's just an oot and oot CM anytime we've played them this season he's either played part oh a 3man midfield or bottom of a diamond trying to dictate the play, too slow fir me and agree flatters ti deceive.

 

13/5/2017 8:47 am  #10


Re: Fraser Fyvie

He's a central midfielder who gets about the pitch. He's decent and did well under Alan Stubbs but lost his place under Lennon to Marvin Bartley. Is he better than Flood, Telfer or Murdoch? Not sure if there is a massive upgrade tbh.


Too much commotion
 

Board footera