As it says above
Think there was something on the offishul the other day.
Have to say I'm more than a bit surprised but as it's in the Tully it must be true 😁
Thoughts?
Offline
Not surprised tbh. Last year was I think the first time they had the extra 'loyalty' period and there was a lot of uncertainty about staying up/going down, a lot of folk weren't buying then committed late on. This year those who want to show their support to the board are buying early, the overall number will end up well down IMO.
Offline
it times of adversity some people step up to the plate.
my early purchase was f all to do with board all about signings for next season
Last edited by Beharder (05/5/2017 9:02 pm)
TheShed wrote:
Not surprised tbh. Last year was I think the first time they had the extra 'loyalty' period and there was a lot of uncertainty about staying up/going down, a lot of folk weren't buying then committed late on. This year those who want to show their support to the board are buying early, the overall number will end up well down IMO.
While I agree with you that the uncertainty was a factor in sales this time last year are you seriously suggesting people are buying STs now to show support for the board ![]()
really
Offline
scarpia wrote:
TheShed wrote:
Not surprised tbh. Last year was I think the first time they had the extra 'loyalty' period and there was a lot of uncertainty about staying up/going down, a lot of folk weren't buying then committed late on. This year those who want to show their support to the board are buying early, the overall number will end up well down IMO.
While I agree with you that the uncertainty was a factor in sales this time last year are you seriously suggesting people are buying STs now to show support for the board
really
Yes, there are people doing so, I'm not just suggesting it I know folk who have, (I'm not one of them, but I guess you've probably worked that out).
TheShed wrote:
scarpia wrote:
TheShed wrote:
Not surprised tbh. Last year was I think the first time they had the extra 'loyalty' period and there was a lot of uncertainty about staying up/going down, a lot of folk weren't buying then committed late on. This year those who want to show their support to the board are buying early, the overall number will end up well down IMO.
While I agree with you that the uncertainty was a factor in sales this time last year are you seriously suggesting people are buying STs now to show support for the board
really
Yes, there are people doing so, I'm not just suggesting it I know folk who have, (I'm not one of them, but I guess you've probably worked that out).
ehm...guess so ![]()
Wouldn't want to contradict you but my feeling is most renewals will simply be because people will want to support the team and get their seat etc
Anyway...don't think the board need to get Season tickets ![]()
Offline
Its quite simple really. Those that are going to buy want it at the cheapest price possible.
Offline

While there's no apparent reason to doubt that it's true, I doubt that it's true.
Offline

Surprised too. Initial thought was those encouraged not to buy and starve the club for reasons they don't agree with made a stance and bought.
Some who are passionate and crave good over oblivion don't even read forums and might be doing what feels best.
The eventual total will tell the truth.
Personally hope it's a good number.
Offline

shedboy wrote:
TheShed wrote:
scarpia wrote:
While I agree with you that the uncertainty was a factor in sales this time last year are you seriously suggesting people are buying STs now to show support for the board
really
Yes, there are people doing so, I'm not just suggesting it I know folk who have, (I'm not one of them, but I guess you've probably worked that out).Thats a wind up...if not we have turned into zombie arabs. Don't believe thats a motivation for any fan outside of thompsons ring hole. simply we have loyal fans who dont want to see the club suffer (like the fans have). very few folk think the twat should be backed.
Doubt mair than 5-10 fans will have bought to support the board.
Offline

Majority will buy out of loyalty for the club we all love. Me? im still undecided at this point.
One thing i would question..Is the figure including season tickets given to utdforall from the club? And if so how many?
Offline
I wonder how many still pay up in advance.
Offline
If you don't want to believe there's Utd supporters that still support the board that's up to you, but there are and there's more than 5-10. They are definitely the minority now though and that will show when final ST numbers are in because while no fans groups are calling for a boycott as some seem to think, there are plenty of folk who simply aren't going to buy.
Offline
People will have bought early for a number of reasons, long term loyalty, to back the team, to save £20 as a bargain or because they were buying anyway, to keep their seat....many reasons none of which I think include because they like or support ST and the rest of the board.......Dundee Utd Fans , not ST fans.
I haven't bought mine's yet, but will do as late as I can to retain seat in June as long as I can see that the numpties in charge including Ray are doing something about next years team.
If it's more of the same and Simon only striker there may be a rethink however for 1st in a long time.
Have to admit the financial rumours are a thought this year too and it should concern all that the board are so desperate to get money in now to use that really is the main core of finance for whole of next season .........and likely won't last till Christmas......or less if mummy gets her loan back.
I'm happy I can afford not to need the early bird discount and pay the full value for the season book.......I'm not doing any damage to club waiting till June .....the extra £20 goes to Dundee United.
Get nothing in return till August so by doing my own thing as normal am neither backing nor protesting to the board, indeed if common sense were to prevail I should just pay at gate as over season I invariably miss a few games due to work or hols and would be better off just paying at gate (£80 better over last season approx).
This has got nowt to with the board, not getting this "protest stance" either, we are likely all doing our own thing as we see fit or to suit circumstance.
Offline
I bought two and paid for them on the final day of the loyalty period! Nothing to do with Thompson or the board. I would still like to see change, but whatever happens and wherever we are, I'll still be there. Also saved me £110 over the two books and as s***e as its been this year still like my Sat. afternoon at the match. I still reckon we will be well down on last seasons numbers overall though.
Offline
900 payed up over the season
The club can spin it all they want but virtually every fan I know isn't renewing until significant changes occur in the boardroom.
If Thompson gambles on blind loyalty from the fans he's finished.
Offline
I just hope that those fans who have forked out on season tickets don't lose out if the club goes into administration whilst Cath and Co walk away with all the assets secured under various charges.
Offline
blackandtangerine wrote:
I wonder how many still pay up in advance.
em auld farrant i dinna like that pay up scheme