Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24/7/2014 11:29 pm  #1

Struggling.

Does no one else think we'll be struggling next year?
We've sold Gauld, we're away to sell Robertson and GMS could soon follow..

Our team is deterioting and we don't seem to be opening up any cheque books or anything.
It's that bad, I'm nervous about playing Dundee incase we get beat..

24/7/2014 11:39 pm  #2

Re: Struggling.

Still plenty of time to bring players in, we'll miss the 2 that we've sold, but other than those two the squad looks better balanced than last year. Need to get a good LB in now tho, but I'm sure there'll be someone Lined up.

24/7/2014 11:41 pm  #3

If we sell GMS mate i will be really concerned.

Gunning
Good
Gomis
El Alagui
Gauld
Robertson
GMS (possibly)

That's a lot of experience and players ranging fae decent tae brilliant (at SPL level) to be losing all in one Summer

All our signings so far have the look of a gamble about them,for me (though they could all end up cracking players of course).

I will feel a hell of a lot better if we sign a recognised Left Back,and fucking quickly btw.Season starts in a fortnight.

Will we struggle ? Hmmm.Don't see us in any kind of relegation fight or that,but also don't feel confident at the moment that we will carve up the oppo as we did at times last season.

Feel very undecided at the moment as to what kind of season we are in for,and yes a slight trepidation that our main rivals are stronger.

25/7/2014 11:23 am  #4

I don't think we'll make top 6 this season if we don't get a good quality left-back, but surely ST has to open his cheque book, Robertson was one in a million..
We can't get another freebie like that..

25/7/2014 11:36 am  #5

If we bring in no one else we'll still be top 5 comfortably.  When we replace Robbo, the balance will be back in the squad and we'll improve on that.  There's still not much between us , sheep, well and st j. The rest are a good bit behind.

25/7/2014 12:50 pm  #6

We'll still be top 6. Remember that we've strengthned in the centre of defence. Other sides have lost players as well and boys like Armstrong, Dow and Ciftci will be a year older and wiser as well. 

We'll be fine

Yeah yeah Industrial Estate

25/7/2014 3:46 pm  #7

no seeing how we're gonna 'struggle' likes...no much change fae last season

could start

_________________Rado______________________

watson ____pole____morris_____dillon

_______paton___ranks____

armstrong____shifty_____GMS

________mario_____

with wilson,telfer,spittal,connelly,souttar,graham,petrie and mcallum

with money to replace robo

Last edited by stobievulture (25/7/2014 3:46 pm)

Board footera