Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15/7/2014 1:08 pm  #1

15/7/2014 3:08 pm  #2

Re: GMS

I think he'll be away too. He'll not be signing a new deal and I think we'll try to get dough for him. I think it'll take a similar amount to what we got for Russell but I heard he had itchy feet. As good a player he can be on his day if he doesn't want to be here maybe it's better to get as much for him as we can

Yeah yeah Industrial Estate

15/7/2014 3:09 pm  #3

Nottingham Forrest apparently.

15/7/2014 3:19 pm  #4

Whilst i completely understand the club not wanting to lose his services for nothing in a years time,i cannnae say i will be anything other than devastated if the wee man exits hot off the heels of Gauld's departure (and possibly Robertson's).

It's all very well saying we have Telfer,Spittal,Ciftci,Dow and Erskine (LOL) who can play that position.

But let's be honest will any of them be as effective or unplayable as GMS is/was in the LM position ?I suspect not tbh.

15/7/2014 3:21 pm  #5

Any rumours on what the bid amount was btw ?

I think 500,000 and he'll be off.

15/7/2014 6:33 pm  #6

Delicate one.

Can understand JM saying he's worth more to the club staying than the £££s we may get selling him.

No sure what I'd do TBH

15/7/2014 6:41 pm  #7

difficult one...people saying 'get rid he's only got a year left' should remember if we got the chance to take an exciting attacker on loan for a year we'd bite the hand aff...one season is one season after all

but i'd reckon anything about half a million and its ta ta

15/7/2014 7:38 pm  #8

Didn't say how much, probably about 250K. I'd be looking for 400-600K at least.

15/7/2014 8:02 pm  #9

IMO we need to keep hold of GMS.  He hasn't (as far as I have seen) said he wants out right now, rather he is happy to stay until the end of his deal.

If that is the case, unless we get offered stupid cash, which I can't see given he only has a year left, we have to keep him here. 

I don't like the thought of losing him and Gauld in one close season and it would give Telfer and/or Spittal the chance to find there feet before taking over next season.

15/7/2014 8:09 pm  #10

The_Guy wrote:

I don't like the thought of losing him and Gauld in one close season and it would give Telfer and/or Spittal the chance to find there feet before taking over next season.

That is a good point you make.

Be unrealistic perhaps to expect these lads to make an immediate impact.

Signing young guys is always a gamble.For every Andy Robertson there is a Kudus Oyenuga.

Not every lower league youngster will make an impact.Not immediately any roads.

15/7/2014 8:13 pm  #11

TEK wrote:

Be unrealistic perhaps to expect these lads to make an immediate impact.

Correct.  Andy Robertson is a one off.  I would love Spittal and Telfer to make the same sort of impact but we have to be realistic and not expect too much to soon.  If either of them have half as good a season as Robbo did last season I will be pleased with that.

15/7/2014 10:14 pm  #12

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Nottingham Forrest apparently.

Nice to see eh'm being quoted, take it as a compliment.

16/7/2014 12:13 am  #13

Nae bather Morphman.

16/7/2014 8:17 am  #14

Pete O'Rourke, who is a sky sports journo, tweeted last night that the club was Barnsley.

16/7/2014 9:01 am  #15

JonBonJovisYas wrote:

Pete O'Rourke, who is a sky sports journo, tweeted last night that the club was Barnsley.

Wha are they trying ti kid. Tin pot club Barnsley.

16/7/2014 1:00 pm  #16

He's far better than Barnsley.

16/7/2014 4:34 pm  #17

I'm quite enjoying us telling other team ta awa and swive TBH

canny see serious money coming in for GMS hope he stays this season so we can say goodbye to him as a hopeful silver kisser  next May

20/7/2014 1:32 pm  #18

Blackburn and derby In for him.

20/7/2014 4:19 pm  #19

Derby would be a good move for him tbh.

Bigger club than Utd,will pay better wages,and will again challenge for promotion this season to the EPL.

5-700k and he's away.

Board footera