Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/2/2015 6:36 pm  #26

Re: Is Connor Townsend worth a contract?

dufc5 wrote:

bowers wrote:

Fall out with jackie?

Judging by Jackie's interview last week he sounded less than impressed by his recent performances.

Pretty much what i read into it aswell No5

Hear their shout, hear their roar
They've probably had a barrel of ale and much, much more
Hooray, hooray, hooray, yeah
Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men

03/2/2015 8:37 pm  #27

St Obswell wrote:

dufc5 wrote:

bowers wrote:

Fall out with jackie?

Judging by Jackie's interview last week he sounded less than impressed by his recent performances.

Pretty much what i read into it aswell No5

What was Jackie sayin exactly lads?

03/2/2015 10:51 pm  #28

I think that the laddie Townsend has been treated like shite btw.  3 and half weeks ago everybody was praising him to the hilt for his excellent performance against Hamilton. Granted his next game against St Mirren has wasn't great (no worse than 5 or 6 others though and he got no cover in that game from Rankin, Paton or Erskine) but this is cause enough for him to be slated on Arabzone by the manager (a disgrace) dropped for the semi and punted a few days later for a boy who WAS excellent for us, but left 2.5 years ago and has hardly been a regular this season and who we don't even know is match fit (cos lets face it McGowan wasn't on Saturday and got away with it and Anier's touch looks as good as mine when I come out of retirement once a year).  If one bad display is all it takes to be hung out to dry, dropped and released we'd have no-one left this season.  Rado flogs a goal a game and gets away Scot-free.  Clearly its not only his gloves that are coated in teflon.

Last edited by lifesanocean (03/2/2015 10:53 pm)

Too much commotion

03/2/2015 11:12 pm  #29

The same applies for Keef but you only get so many chances to prove your worth and not everyone does it.

Rado's on countdown.

10/2/2015 7:17 pm  #30

lifesanocean wrote:

Douglas was shite but his burd was teckle.

Townsend is decent imho and I'd keep him. I'd like to see a younger left back signed as cover though. I think Utd fans have a real hang up about defenders. We seem to rubbish everyone of them that play for us (Webby and Robbo apart). We could have Pannuci, Costacourta, Baresi and Maldini at the back and still be moaning that we need to get new defenders in.

It's 2015 mate.

11/2/2015 7:51 am  #31

I think you are missing the point. :-)

Too much commotion

11/2/2015 10:16 am  #32

Don't normally bother with all this twatter sh1te, but this is one of his last posts.

Conor Townsend @conortownsend93
Thoroughly enjoyed my time at United! Been a pleasure playing with a great set of lads! Wish everyone at the club all the best.

Board footera