Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06/2/2015 7:26 pm  #1

Dundee United Hall of Fame 2015

Anyone attending this tonight?

Never been to one sadly.Sounds like a great night.

06/2/2015 8:04 pm  #2

Re: Dundee United Hall of Fame 2015

We were meant to be but there's been a mix up with the booking, we're getting a game with full hospitality to compensate but would rather be there tonight and stand in the ET for any game tbh 

Hear their shout, hear their roar
They've probably had a barrel of ale and much, much more
Hooray, hooray, hooray, yeah
Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men

06/2/2015 8:12 pm  #3

Not been to a Utd dinner for a few years. I'm There in spirit tonight for the ultimate Utd hall of famer being inducted though.

06/2/2015 8:35 pm  #4

Must admit i never thought i would enjoy these things but having been to the U.E.F.A Cup Final 25th anniversary dinner at the Hilton and last year's Awards at the Invercarse it changed my view. It's actually quite relaxed and the Players and staff etc quite happily mix. Would recommend to any fellow on here apart from Seggy as he would be far too drunk and emotional 

Hear their shout, hear their roar
They've probably had a barrel of ale and much, much more
Hooray, hooray, hooray, yeah
Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men

06/2/2015 8:57 pm  #5

Straight from United's official Twitter:

@dundeeunitedfc: The Inductees at this years #HOF2015 are: Derek Stark, Jim McInally, Mixu Paatelainen, Christian Dailly, Pat Reilly and Jim Mclean.

06/2/2015 9:00 pm  #6

So pleased Jim McLean is going in, he should be celebrated while he is still with us instead of mourning and showering him with plaudits him after he is gone. I know he is not in the greatest health at the minute but I'm happy he can still see how much he means to the fans and the club.

Also to any haters of him, I fucking love Christian Dailly going in!

06/2/2015 9:10 pm  #7

Those are all outstanding choices.

06/2/2015 9:24 pm  #8

TEK wrote:

Those are all outstanding choices.

Absolutely

06/2/2015 9:45 pm  #9

Was going to go but again work fucked it for me.

Always seems to be a good night

Players cup tops available to sponsor tonight

06/2/2015 10:56 pm  #10

Wee Jim was years overdue. Excellent choice of players over years they played for us, but from personal point of view, am chuft about Pat Reilly. Family friend of my grandfather and great-grandfather.

Pat's father Patrick Reilly (snr) worked with my Great-grandfather in Thomson and Shephards in Taylors Lane. Great-grandfather came home ftom work one day and told my Grandfather that a guy he worked with (Patrick Reilly snr) had been telling him about his son (Pat) starting a new football team and suggested it would be good idea to bring his 'young laddie' along.

07/2/2015 7:52 pm  #11

St Obswell wrote:

Must admit i never thought i would enjoy these things but having been to the U.E.F.A Cup Final 25th anniversary dinner at the Hilton and last year's Awards at the Invercarse it changed my view. It's actually quite relaxed and the Players and staff etc quite happily mix. Would recommend to any fellow on here apart from Seggy as he would be far too drunk and emotional 

07/2/2015 7:55 pm  #12

Was there 2 years ago at the apex got a great photo with lorraine kelly the night was great but out of the 8 inductees or so only 3 turned up so very dissapointing hope last nights was better and fuk knows how jim wasnt the 1st inductee ever beggars belief but i suppose its a way of attracting more people year on year

07/2/2015 10:09 pm  #13

Display lads are going to be looking into some sort of banner of some kind for Jim

07/2/2015 10:17 pm  #14

How good would a flag unfurled of jim being  hurled aloft from heggie etc at we won the league at dens.....draped from the ET upper to the ET lower oyf wow

07/2/2015 11:16 pm  #15

Ive already had that done mate its a stick flag.

I looked into getting that made onto a massive flag but the picture quality is too low resolution to print onto a big flag and would look shit.

08/2/2015 6:07 pm  #16

Thats a shame that would have been the biz hats aff to you boys though 

Board footera