Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/8/2026 8:24 pm  #1


Tennents Sixes

IS BACK 🥳

And United are in it.

Braehead Arena in October. Hopefully it's televised.

 

12/8/2026 8:26 pm  #2


Re: Tennents Sixes

Just thinking United are going away to a training camp at that time.

So, I'm not sure if this is ex-players 🤔

     •Thread Starter
 

12/8/2026 9:12 pm  #3


Re: Tennents Sixes

It's "legends". Can you imagine if clubs sent actual first team players nowadays 🤣

 

12/8/2026 11:42 pm  #4


Re: Tennents Sixes

Always_United wrote:

It's "legends". Can you imagine if clubs sent actual first team players nowadays 🤣

Disappointing, i thought maybe kids and at least a mix of fringe players.

Legends will be fine though. Hopefully have Danny Swanson and Gomis back in tangerine. 


 

     •Thread Starter
 

03/10/2026 1:58 pm  #5


Re: Tennents Sixes

Dundee are good 😂

     •Thread Starter
 

03/10/2026 2:18 pm  #6


Re: Tennents Sixes

Danny Swanson has pulled out of the squad.

 

03/10/2026 4:29 pm  #7


Re: Tennents Sixes

Shedtastic wrote:

Danny Swanson has pulled out of the squad.

Disappointing eh?

I wonder if we can call-up a last minute replacement for tomorrow.

What's Johnny Russell up to? 
 

     •Thread Starter
 

03/10/2026 8:54 pm  #8


Re: Tennents Sixes

United apparently drafting in a player that Andy McLaren has organised.

My money's on Robbie Winters.

     •Thread Starter
 

03/10/2026 9:24 pm  #9


Re: Tennents Sixes

Tek wrote:

United apparently drafting in a player that Andy McLaren has organised.

My money's on Robbie Winters.

 
Thought today when i was watching it he would be a good replacement for Swanno. We were crying out for a goalscorer.

 

Yesterday 12:15 pm  #10


Re: Tennents Sixes

Be funny as fuck if it was Goodie.

 

Yesterday 3:03 pm  #11


Re: Tennents Sixes

A rousing derby victory, that.

 

Yesterday 11:30 pm  #12


Re: Tennents Sixes

Anybody else feel it was quite a disappointing tournament?

Definitely lost it's magic of old.

The pitch was definitely too big for players who were now retired and didn't have the cardio and pace they once had. Felt a lot of the play was painfully pedestrian and the crowd was quiet and seemed bored at times. Disappointing attendance too. The arena looked half empty.

Premier Sports coverage also poor. Particularly the camera work.

The whole thing just felt a bit tin pot.

     •Thread Starter
 

Today 11:09 am  #13


Re: Tennents Sixes

I'd have felt ripped off if I paid to watch it on tv, let alone attend.

I was an extremely low budget copy of whatever that ex pro league is down south. 

Premier Sports took measures to block the Firestick users, but I think in the end it wasn't to stop them accessing a paid event for free, it was to stop most folk seeing how poorly organised and run it was.

What i did see, the minute I noticed the goals weren't recessed, I was in the huff.

Funny as fuck to see post competition how upset the Huns were though.

Last edited by David_Blunkett (Today 11:16 am)


"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"
 

Today 11:48 am  #14


Re: Tennents Sixes

I went on Sunday afternoon and I had a really good time. The folk in my section were a good laugh. It was shite, obviously, but I found it kind of endearing. It's about 10 minutes' drive from my house so didn't have far to go for it and maybe I would have felt differently if I had travelled for it.

Ticket price was ridiculous for what it was, but so is £28 for Scottish league games and I pay that near enough every week. They should have cut the price to fill the place.

Agree that Premier Sports look like they'd outsourced the production of it to the work experience. Choosing that as a hill to die on for cracking down on fire stick users was pretty pathetic.

 

Today 1:02 pm  #15


Re: Tennents Sixes

I'm glad those that like it enjoy it but must admit it's never really interested me.
The Dees apparently upset that Charlie Adam(s) kissed the The Rangers badge.
So the weekend was worth it 😅

 

Board footera