Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/8/2014 10:10 pm  #1

New CB pairing

Hope we're all ZONE subscribers cos that interview between Fojut/Morris is the most uplifting/inspirational I've ever seen there. Usually anodyne answers to questions but they proved 100% that they are winners a la' Jackie and the only way is up.

Fuck me, we've swapped GG the moronic jester for a professional winner.

12/8/2014 10:17 pm  #2

Re: New CB pairing

They are already looking and sounding like 'winners' mate you're spot on.

Incidentally wee bit off topic but I hear Gunning took a sore yin tonight and went off injured for Birmingham.

12/8/2014 10:19 pm  #3

TEK wrote:

They are already looking and sounding like 'winners' mate you're spot on.

Incidentally wee bit off topic but I hear Gunning took a sore yin tonight and went off injured for Birmingham.

WHA?

12/8/2014 10:23 pm  #4

Exactly lol.

Yesterday's news.

12/8/2014 10:27 pm  #5

Outstanding interviews.

Bring it on!

12/8/2014 10:33 pm  #6

I see on twitter GMS is asking big Morris to keep the tache but shave his head a la Bronson.

He'd look fuckin scary.

Two animals at the back.

12/8/2014 10:48 pm  #7

TEK wrote:

I see on twitter GMS is asking big Morris to keep the tache but shave his head a la Bronson.

He'd look fuckin scary.

Two animals at the back.

Shows a good bit of team spirit. 

Yeah yeah Industrial Estate

12/8/2014 11:22 pm  #8

huntedbyafreak wrote:

TEK wrote:

He'd look fuckin scary.

Two animals at the back.

Shows a good bit of team spirit. 

Defo mate.

12/8/2014 11:30 pm  #9

TEK wrote:

He'd look fuckin scary.

Two animals at the back.

Dodgy beard so could be a good move.

Still think it's a precursor tae Movember!

12/8/2014 11:32 pm  #10

Promising start, still think soapy will play a big part tho when fit.  Maybe play more v the lesser teams and fojut/morris for the top few clubs.

As for Gunning, really didnt rate him and glad hes gone.  Better watch whos backies hes jumping hedges in down tbere.

Last edited by The Shed (12/8/2014 11:34 pm)

12/8/2014 11:40 pm  #11

The Shed wrote:

Promising start, still think soapy will play a big part tho when fit. Maybe play more v the lesser teams and fojut/morris for the top few clubs.

Hopefully Soapy'll see, by example, that you need to be dominant and/or ahead of the game at CB (his wee brother's sussed it already ) 

12/8/2014 11:42 pm  #12

The Shed wrote:

Promising start, still think soapy will play a big part tho when fit. Maybe play more v the lesser teams and fojut/morris for the top few clubs.

As for Gunning, really didnt rate him and glad hes gone. Better watch whos backies hes jumping hedges in down tbere.

Gunning could have got a bigger club than Birmingham if he wasn't a complete halfwit. When you watched during the games he acted like he had Tourettes. Shouting at himself and everything. 

Yeah yeah Industrial Estate

12/8/2014 11:49 pm  #13

huntedbyafreak wrote:

The Shed wrote:

As for Gunning, really didnt rate him and glad hes gone. Better watch whos backies hes jumping hedges in down tbere.

Gunning could have got a bigger club than Birmingham if he wasn't a complete halfwit. When you watched during the games he acted like he had Tourettes. Shouting at himself and everything. 

Another lost cause, great defender but also ball watcher, bombscare and brain donor in the same game.

Fojut only comes with the second attribute.

13/8/2014 3:28 pm  #14

Brilliant interview Bugsy, Jaro is going to become a cult hero, he was blown away by the fans, excited to be playing here, bigging up his team mates efforts in taking the pressure off the defence as they want the ball and are not affraid to keep it, and finishes by saying it's his job to win every header and he will continue to do so.

Morris seems eager to learn, improve and work with Fojut to form a great partnership, I like the cut of his jib too, seems quite humble and genuinely delighted to be a first choice centre half at United.

Very early days but I'm delighted with them both.  I never took to Gunning (didn't he sign for Sheffield Wednesday in the end?) and think these two will be a great influence on Soapy and he'll hopefully keep them on their toes too.

13/8/2014 10:22 pm  #15

Awesome performances by both tonight.

13/8/2014 10:24 pm  #16

big jaroslav struggled for 10 mins v sutton then sussed oot he was to close and stood aff him a couple of yards and stopped him using his arms...the two especially morris were superb

14/8/2014 12:05 am  #17

He struggled most of first half v sutton (who is probably one of the toughest opponents he'll face), wasnt convinced by either of them first half, far better second half tho.

14/8/2014 2:29 pm  #18

The Shed wrote:

He struggled most of first half v sutton (who is probably one of the toughest opponents he'll face), wasnt convinced by either of them first half, far better second half tho.

Missed the first ten minutes of first half but in the 80 or so minutes that I did see, Motherwell never looked likely, not even once. A lot of that might be to do with Motherwell's dig deep and defend approach to the game but it must also surely also speak volumes of defensive pairing. 

Aside from the odd dodgy kick out from Rado, there was absolutely none of the hallmark dodgy bomb-scare horror show shit that signified our defense for most of last year.....

Looking very strong at the back for the first time in a long time. Perhaps with Celtic going through a patently shi-ite budget orientated low ambition phase, this could be our league title challenging season!!! 

15/8/2014 4:42 pm  #19

GG done is cruciate and could be out for the whole season at Birmingham. Having signed a one year deal, that is brutal for him and his family.

Total idiot, all the attributes to be a top defender but no the brains.

------

In all my time watching United, since circa '97, never been more excited by a centre half pairing. Cool, calm, intelligent footballers. Comfortable on the deck and in the air.

Jackie spots a problem......Jackie solves a problem.

15/8/2014 4:56 pm  #20

Early days but, on the evidence so far, I can go back a lot longer to when I was more excited about CBs.

15/8/2014 9:01 pm  #21

JonBonJovisYas wrote:

Jackie spots a problem......Jackie solves a problem.

Unless that problem is being found oot by a run of the mill St Johnstone side and being rountinely taken to the cleaners by them......

15/8/2014 9:41 pm  #22

Defensively, Rado hasn't had to make a save of an effort on target so far, could change tomorrow but really don't think there'll be too many.

The three new defenders have slotted in perfectly and can only get better.

27/1/2015 12:50 am  #23

arabugsy wrote:

Hope we're all ZONE subscribers cos that interview between Fojut/Morris is the most uplifting/inspirational I've ever seen there. Usually anodyne answers to questions but they proved 100% that they are winners a la' Jackie and the only way is up.

Another great post archive 

Hear their shout, hear their roar
They've probably had a barrel of ale and much, much more
Hooray, hooray, hooray, yeah
Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men

27/1/2015 12:58 am  #24

St Obswell wrote:

arabugsy wrote:

Another great post archive

Very true again St Ob, but tbh I'm beginning to have reservations with Fojut after the last few games.

Board footera