Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20/1/2015 12:29 am  #1

Armstrong to Celtic

Rumour on Twitter he's signing for them.

3 year deal.2.5 million.

20/1/2015 12:50 am  #2

Re: Armstrong to Celtic

I'd take that for him tbh

Yeah yeah Industrial Estate

20/1/2015 10:18 am  #3

I'd take it tae....

20/1/2015 10:43 am  #4

I would take it with the proviso there's a sell-on percentage clause.

Couple of good seasons there and he'd be Premiership bound for 6million.

20/1/2015 11:40 am  #5

ye TEK sell on clause is a must for Armstrong as those bastards could sell a turd for no less that 6 million to England whereas we're lucky to get £2.5million for the best young talent in the country!

Honestly think that any offer from them would spark English teams into action and we will be off down south!

20/1/2015 1:09 pm  #6

Mass Debates wrote:

ye TEK sell on clause is a must for Armstrong as those bastards could sell a turd for no less that 6 million to England whereas we're lucky to get £2.5million for the best young talent in the country!

Honestly think that any offer from them would spark English teams into action and we will be off down south!

I hope this is the case. For all the money flying about in England on players that could be deemed a gamble, it would be strange if they did not look at Armstrong.

20/1/2015 7:07 pm  #7

I like Armstrong. He's a great player. He is too inconsistent though. He also rarely takes a game by the scruff of the neck and I can't recall a game where we've been getting beat that Armstrong has been the catalyst for us turning it around. If we get offered over 2 million for him it'll be the best bit of business we've ever done

Yeah yeah Industrial Estate

20/1/2015 7:24 pm  #8

I like Armstrong too,but as  said in another thread on him at the start of the season...

TEK wrote:

Gotta say i rate the lad but have been very dissapointed in his performances so far this season (and fae what i seen in the close season).

He was getting brushed off the ball all to easily again today and not imposing himself on the match the way we know he can.he is great on the ball but cannae tackle and isn't particulary renowned for pressing opposition.So if he's not doing it for us on the ball he's a bit of a wasted shirt.

I still stand by this.There are games that just pass him by and in the heat of a battle he all to often dissapears.

20/1/2015 7:25 pm  #9

I think he would do well for Celtic though btw (domestically anyway),because he would have much more time on the ball.

20/1/2015 7:32 pm  #10

I've always been a massive Armstrong fan, not so much this season, his heart hasn't been in it for me.

Although I never expected GMS to go to Celtic I always thought Armstrong would, he's a very clever boy who probably has his career mapped out.

I thought he would do two seasons there, finish his law degree, win medals and play in the CL then move to a decent EPL side (Everton, Southampton, West Brom type).

Connolly for GMS, Telfer for Stretch, I'm happy with that, particular if we can use a fraction of the income to strengthen key areas.

Would rather it wasn't Celtic but sellers need a buyer.

20/1/2015 8:50 pm  #11

I would take it too, as much as i like him i don't think we would miss him as much as Robbo or Gauldy even though he's played more games for United. We have players who can replace these lads given time and patience and they at some time will go too and hopefully be replaced. Football is a business now and if we can bring them on and sell them on for a decent return we will be watching United for many more years to come unlike some badly run Clubs.

Hear their shout, hear their roar
They've probably had a barrel of ale and much, much more
Hooray, hooray, hooray, yeah
Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men

20/1/2015 9:29 pm  #12

You know what if he goes he goes, he's decent, but really should be better than he is, hasn't really got better in the last 18 months and that's a disappointment.  At one time looked like he could be real top drawer, but that just hasn't developed the way it should have.

That said, good luck to the boy, except in every game he plays for them.

20/1/2015 9:48 pm  #13

The Shed wrote:

You know what if he goes he goes, he's decent, but really should be better than he is, hasn't really got better in the last 18 months and that's a disappointment. At one time looked like he could be real top drawer, but that just hasn't developed the way it should have.

We're both agreed he could be real top drawer, I saw it at Thomson Park about 4 years ago. Made great progress and probably set the bar so high that, for fans, the only way was down. Lately had a shit 18 months off the park, and a good few shaky moments on it, but he's still my top tip to be a an ex-WF CL regular.

Lolarab reckons he's my lovechild, but it could only be if the baldy gene skips generations.

Or, he's basing it on inherited ability?

A, it is.

20/1/2015 9:58 pm  #14

He's got bags of talent and intelligence, but not enough heart.  Losing him now though would be a disaster.

Too much commotion

21/1/2015 1:29 am  #15

Like GMS he doesn't have the biggest heart but I believe, in the Bundesliga or EPL, his ability will shine through.

Many times I've seen him put in defence splitting passes, like Gauldy, but their both at a higher level and not every player can keep up.

Last edited by arabugsy (21/1/2015 1:33 am)

21/1/2015 9:24 am  #16

Stretch is by far one of the most skillful and intelligent players ever to pass through Tannadice IMHO, alas he doesn't  
seem to be able to mix it up when the going gets tough, that said I for one will be sad to lose him especially to Septic but can we really afford to let him run down his contract like his good friend GMS and get nothing for him?

We don't give a damn what the others say
We'll cheer on United all the way
For we are the Terrors of Tannadice

21/1/2015 9:31 am  #17

dont sell anyone this month keep full team push for silver.
said many times he doesnt need to sell so why do it we csn get the money in the summer. not just gonna be them cunts want him.

25/1/2015 8:08 am  #18

Apparently West Brom had someone up watching him yesterday versus 'Well.

25/1/2015 4:28 pm  #19

Would be a good move for the boy.

25/1/2015 4:37 pm  #20

3 million plus add ons please.

Board footera