Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



10/5/2024 4:21 pm  #176


Re: Out of Contract players - Who would you keep?

Ken m8. Ken what yer saying ADS.  Some oe meh fears are based on the poor January window.

 

11/5/2024 12:28 am  #177


Re: Out of Contract players - Who would you keep?

Arab99 wrote:

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

M
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - -

Honest question:
Newman reserve goalie, never seems to get a look in. Spaghetti man plays, Walton comes in on loan, opportunities to play him in League Cup and yon other diddy Cup and hes still getting splinters. 
What the story there ?

MB never even got a squad number this season and Newman definitely played, on occasion, over MB last season.

Walton comes in as starter so gets the League cup groups as prep, it would be foolish to have his first game as the first league game. I know Newman was away with the 21s on some of the Trust Trophy weekends so not in the frame.

Could have sent him on loan I suppose but that would have meant having Adams on the bench.

Cheers mate.
Got to be frustrating for the laddie.
Hope his lack of game time doesnae bite us in the bum.
 

 

11/5/2024 12:34 am  #178


Re: Out of Contract players - Who would you keep?

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Ken m8. Ken what yer saying ADS.  Some oe meh fears are based on the poor January window.

 
Fingers crossed mate,hopefully we get it right this time 🤞

 

11/5/2024 8:44 am  #179


Re: Out of Contract players - Who would you keep?

Heard Wotherspoon, Mochrie and Mcmann had been told from the club the week before they left they were getting contracts.

All water under the bridge now thou I guess. 

 

11/5/2024 1:57 pm  #180


Re: Out of Contract players - Who would you keep?

dufc2019 wrote:

Heard Wotherspoon, Mochrie and Mcmann had been told from the club the week before they left they were getting contracts.

All water under the bridge now thou I guess. 

 
All 3 not good enough for where we’re aiming for which is top 6. Correct to move on.

Last edited by RogerTheAlien (11/5/2024 1:58 pm)

 

11/5/2024 2:01 pm  #181


Re: Out of Contract players - Who would you keep?

dufc2019 wrote:

Heard Wotherspoon, Mochrie and Mcmann had been told from the club the week before they left they were getting contracts.

All water under the bridge now thou I guess. 

 

Does that mean we realised we couldn’t afford to keep these players (as back ups) or we realised we can actually afford to get a better level of player so don’t need them?

 

11/5/2024 2:13 pm  #182


Re: Out of Contract players - Who would you keep?

No idea, the only difference was as far as i can see is that the owner then came over so maybe its a budget thing.

 

11/5/2024 6:06 pm  #183


Re: Out of Contract players - Who would you keep?

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Arab99 wrote:

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

M
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - -

Honest question:
Newman reserve goalie, never seems to get a look in. Spaghetti man plays, Walton comes in on loan, opportunities to play him in League Cup and yon other diddy Cup and hes still getting splinters. 
What the story there ?

MB never even got a squad number this season and Newman definitely played, on occasion, over MB last season.

Walton comes in as starter so gets the League cup groups as prep, it would be foolish to have his first game as the first league game. I know Newman was away with the 21s on some of the Trust Trophy weekends so not in the frame.

Could have sent him on loan I suppose but that would have meant having Adams on the bench.

Cheers mate.
Got to be frustrating for the laddie.
Hope his lack of game time doesnae bite us in the bum.
 

it’s not great but that’s what happens with a lot of sub keepers. It will be interesting to see what happens next season.

would have been an interesting call had we been in playoffs, I’ve heard there’s not a lot between Newman and Adams. With the latter having just played half a season on loan in L1 with competitive games under his belt could have been a better shout for the bench.

Glad it didn’t come to that. 

 

 

13/5/2024 8:11 am  #184


Re: Out of Contract players - Who would you keep?

Snacks94 wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

Heard Wotherspoon, Mochrie and Mcmann had been told from the club the week before they left they were getting contracts.

All water under the bridge now thou I guess. 

 

Does that mean we realised we couldn’t afford to keep these players (as back ups) or we realised we can actually afford to get a better level of player so don’t need them?

Maybe there were contracts offered but the players rejected them in the hope to get more money?  If that's the case, then its refreshing seeing the club stick to their guns and not be held to ransom.


Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!
 

13/5/2024 8:46 pm  #185


Re: Out of Contract players - Who would you keep?

 

13/5/2024 10:26 pm  #186


Re: Out of Contract players - Who would you keep?

 

14/5/2024 1:43 am  #187


Re: Out of Contract players - Who would you keep?

 

15/5/2024 1:24 am  #188


Re: Out of Contract players - Who would you keep?

Well deserved.

Our best player the two seasons he's been with us.
 

     Thread Starter
 

15/5/2024 2:08 pm  #189


Re: Out of Contract players - Who would you keep?

Tek wrote:

Well deserved.

Our best player the two seasons he's been with us.
 

100%  he must have went thru the pain barrier a few times too this season

 

15/5/2024 3:06 pm  #190


Re: Out of Contract players - Who would you keep?

Moult agreed a one year extension according to Scott Burns. Miller Thomson also close to agreeing a new deal.

Graham, Holt, O’Donnell and Cudjoe all still in talks, but no indication either way on them.

I thought I mind reading in about January that Lewis O’Donnell had agreed a pre-contract with Watford.

Last edited by JerryDungle (15/5/2024 3:07 pm)

 

15/5/2024 4:40 pm  #191


Re: Out of Contract players - Who would you keep?

JerryDungle wrote:

Moult agreed a one year extension according to Scott Burns. Miller Thomson also close to agreeing a new deal.

Graham, Holt, O’Donnell and Cudjoe all still in talks, but no indication either way on them.

I thought I mind reading in about January that Lewis O’Donnell had agreed a pre-contract with Watford.

 

There was talk of them being interested but they've changed manager since the interest was in the paper

 

19/5/2024 5:49 pm  #192


Re: Out of Contract players - Who would you keep?

Will Ferry apparently a done deal. 23, Irish Left back/midfielder from Cheltenham.

 

19/5/2024 6:05 pm  #193


Re: Out of Contract players - Who would you keep?

Arab87 wrote:

Will Ferry apparently a done deal. 23, Irish Left back/midfielder from Cheltenham.

 
Saw that posted on another board couple days ago, dunno anything about him but seems to have been a regular in their team and a decent age.

Any more news on the Dutch defender? Plat?

 

19/5/2024 7:36 pm  #194


Re: Out of Contract players - Who would you keep?

Very hard to judge players from England coming up here, some you don't expect turn to be any good, turn out to be very decent, some big names come up here and fall on their arse.

I used to love the days when a random foreigner you'd never heard of would just show up out of nowhere, Freddy Van Der Hoorn, Mixu, The Scandinavian trio under Tommy McLean, Miodrag, etc etc

 


"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"
 

19/5/2024 9:43 pm  #195


Re: Out of Contract players - Who would you keep?

Yeah I kind of think that the foreigners don't have the subliminal fear or respect of the Uglies that most Scots can't help but have. 

 

20/5/2024 7:45 am  #196


Re: Out of Contract players - Who would you keep?

David_Blunkett wrote:

Very hard to judge players from England coming up here, some you don't expect turn to be any good, turn out to be very decent, some big names come up here and fall on their arse.

I used to love the days when a random foreigner you'd never heard of would just show up out of nowhere, Freddy Van Der Hoorn, Mixu, The Scandinavian trio under Tommy McLean, Miodrag, etc etc

 

The Fab Four in 1966 wasn't the Beatles, it was Persson, Dossing, Berg & Seeman.
Then Lennart Wing came & it was the Famous Five.
 

 

21/5/2024 5:02 pm  #197


Re: Out of Contract players - Who would you keep?

Moult 1 year contract extension confirmed

Last edited by Snacks94 (21/5/2024 5:03 pm)

 

21/5/2024 5:12 pm  #198


Re: Out of Contract players - Who would you keep?

Out of contract from Blackpool, experienced CH, Marvin Ekpiteta, would be a decent shout. Fairly solid. No doubt it would be ideal to hear from a Blackpool fan on how good he is.

As well as the other Dutch defender we're looking at, I'd also enquire about Redouan El Yaakoubi from Excelsior. Good defender, only 28, good experience. Have seen him in a couple of games in the Eredivisie this season, solid

 

21/5/2024 8:29 pm  #199


Re: Out of Contract players - Who would you keep?

Snacks94 wrote:

Moult 1 year contract extension confirmed

Happy with that!

 

21/5/2024 10:00 pm  #200


Re: Out of Contract players - Who would you keep?

Snacks94 wrote:

Moult 1 year contract extension confirmed

 
Happy with that, we definitely need a pacy striker in though.

 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum