Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30/3/2024 6:29 pm  #76

Re: The Shed vs Raith

Tek wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Gallagher at 60% is light years ahead of Graham and a guy that couldn't get a game for StJ, 

Cool story. LOL 

Big fella was outstanding today, won every header.

Got that won wrong and I am absolutely delighted with it.

It's all about opinions is it not though🤷‍♂️

30/3/2024 7:37 pm  #77

Stillliving wrote:

Watching the  Airdrie tackle last night and subsequent criticism of the referee leaves me feeling that someone will be sent off today.
Scottish referees are very reactive and cannot handle any sort of criticism.

I was wrong about that one. Keith Watson committed 4 possibly 5 yellow card fouls and stayed on the park.

Catching Docherty high studs up.
Putting Moult in a head lock and throwing him to the ground.
The penalty offence.
Going right through the back of Watt and effectively sticking the head on him.

In summary the referee was shite.

Last edited by Stillliving (30/3/2024 7:40 pm)

30/3/2024 7:50 pm  #78

Stillliving wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

Watching the  Airdrie tackle last night and subsequent criticism of the referee leaves me feeling that someone will be sent off today.
Scottish referees are very reactive and cannot handle any sort of criticism.

I was wrong about that one. Keith Watson committed 4 possibly 5 yellow card fouls and stayed on the park.

Catching Docherty high studs up.
Putting Moult in a head lock and throwing him to the ground.
The penalty offence.
Going right through the back of Watt and effectively sticking the head on him.

In summary the referee was shite.

The penalty offence was as blatant a yellow card as you are likely to see.

30/3/2024 8:20 pm  #79

CCX2 2010 wrote:

It's all about opinions is it not though🤷‍♂️

All part of the fun mate 😉

30/3/2024 8:27 pm  #80

Tek wrote:

I think he will cling on till the Raith game at Tannadice and when we lose that (or draw) that will be it.

And we'll appoint Tam Courts as Interim.

its is

30/3/2024 8:45 pm  #81

Well at least the Goodwin out flags will have to stay in the wardrobe for another week.
But don't bin them yet we won't win our last 5 games.

30/3/2024 8:46 pm  #82

might have been a new tactic or down to our two central defenders but seemed like we spent less time playing it back to them and across the back which meant the ball was played forward quicker, ensuring the opposition did not get time to settle.

need to keep that up in the remaining games, that along with the players being up for the game today seemed key.

a lot of good performances in that great win

30/3/2024 8:51 pm  #83

Lancashire-Arab wrote:

might have been a new tactic or down to our two central defenders but seemed like we spent less time playing it back to them and across the back which meant the ball was played forward quicker, ensuring the opposition did not get time to settle.

need to keep that up in the remaining games, that along with the players being up for the game today seemed key.

a lot of good performances in that great win

The tactic was long ball to moult or watt and look for Knockdowns worked today a treat.

30/3/2024 10:53 pm  #84

Great performance, best all season, run out of superlatives really.
But what we had on show was a men against boys performance, which in the past couple of seasons we've been on the wrong side of.
We bullied them, hunted in packs, read and managed  the game well, accurate passing, workrate did not drop off for the ninety, scoreline flattered them .
- All 11 of them, even the oft maligned Tony was tireless.
- McClelland and Graham were immense. But really not fair to name names.

------------------------------------------
Was really funny, I only get games on DUTV.
Before kick off the boys commented that Bo had been banned from touchline, was three rows in front of them, and to expect one or two choice expletives ... never a truer word, that man loves the club with a passion, he effs and blinds and berates - non stop, he lives the game even up in the stands. Any other body stewards would of told him to tone it down a bit but not Bo, he just could not stop himself - 100% Nervous energy, 100% United, you'd still just about put him on subs bench. 

Ref a complete twat, thought somebody was going to get hurt.

5 games to go, settle.

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (30/3/2024 10:57 pm)

30/3/2024 11:26 pm  #85

dufc2019 wrote:

Tek wrote:

I think he will cling on till the Raith game at Tannadice and when we lose that (or draw) that will be it.

And we'll appoint Tam Courts as Interim.

its is

Lol.

You still wanting Goodwin out? 👀

30/3/2024 11:28 pm  #86

Highlights of today's game from 6 finger TV.

Last edited by Tek (30/3/2024 11:31 pm)

31/3/2024 12:04 am  #87

Had the fear when I saw our defence today, but have to say both centre halves were excellent. Enjoyed watching us so much more with the pointless, slow tippy tappy pish at the back cut out. Don’t know about everyone else, but it’s the most solid I have seen us for months.

Again, at 1-0 Murray made positive changes quickly in 2nd half. Tried to change the game. They were more dangerous after that. Goodwin did nothing.

Last point - yeah, they are our main rivals this year but their support was great today. Stuck by their team even at the end after they lost. Our support has been fantastic all season, but I think Raith are a bigger, better club than a lot of the teams in the top league and Scottish football would be better with teams like them and Dunfermline replacing teams like livi, Ross county, Hamilton etc…

Last edited by Slotbadger (31/3/2024 12:06 am)

31/3/2024 12:14 am  #88

Slotbadger wrote:

Had the fear when I saw our defence today, but have to say both centre halves were excellent. Enjoyed watching us so much more with the pointless, slow tippy tappy pish at the back cut out. Don’t know about everyone else, but it’s the most solid I have seen us for months.

Again, at 1-0 Murray made positive changes quickly in 2nd half. Tried to change the game. They were more dangerous after that. Goodwin did nothing.

Last point - yeah, they are our main rivals this year but their support was great today. Stuck by their team even at the end after they lost. Our support has been fantastic all season, but I think Raith are a bigger, better club than a lot of the teams in the top league and Scottish football would be better with teams like them and Dunfermline replacing teams like livi, Ross county, Hamilton etc…

Welcome to the Forum mate.

31/3/2024 12:41 am  #89

Absolutely loved that today. 9000 Arabs bouncing while the lads gave them an overdue doing.

31/3/2024 4:09 am  #90

Seriously both centre half’s were absolutely fucking immense.

Really cannot fault anyway today CMON

31/3/2024 10:08 am  #91

Efter a gehm Eh wisna particularly lookin forward to, and a night oot Eh wisna particularly lookin forward to, yesterday efternanes events gave cause fir great celebration of last nicht.

A very very decent performance against a half decent team. No afore time.

They great saves fae Walton aff the line set the tone fir the gehm.

We musta had a dozen coarners. They had 1. All credit to the lads the day. Brilliant, everyone oe them, and gonna give a mention to the lad McClelland. Get him in the back line every match.

Honestly wish we'd put in a few mair performances like that, esp since the New Year, and we wouldna be so close to the cliff edge as we've been in recent weeks.

Thought the Ref was too saft to begin we Raith, letting them awa we an awfy lot. Nae caird issued fir the deliberate foul in the box fir the Moult penalty ?

MOTM for me Tony Watt.

31/3/2024 11:32 am  #92

Yesterday just goes to show, that if we setup correctly, everyone does their job right, then football is a relatively simple game.

One of the criticisms of Goodwin is that he's stubborn, a bit arrogant in selection, attitude and tactics (he knows best) but there was an element of self realisation, humility and humour in his post match interview yesterday.

One swallow and all that, but maybe the penny drops now? Just ask your centre halves to defend, no more, no less and move the ball to a better footballer asap.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

31/3/2024 12:01 pm  #93

going direct to Watt and Moult worked yesterday as they decided to show up for a change and bullied Raith's weak defence. 
dosnt mean to say that will work everyweek and hasnt in the past

31/3/2024 1:12 pm  #94

Loved the way we kicked fuck outta there team as well.

31/3/2024 5:56 pm  #95

Not a lot more to add to most of the comments above, most of which are fair.

I was in the ground at 14.20 and their players were going through their paces already, the Raith players go through some warm up.  We came out at 14.30 and when we left at 14.50 the whole Raith squad were still out there. I thought they would tire, don't give a shit how fit you are but that can't be right, no wonder they used 6 subs.

The whole back 4 and even Jack Walton who when asked to come for a few cross balls, all of them done their jobs very well.

That said I have no idea why Raith continually shelled long ball up to big Graham and McClelland.  It played right into our hands, a bigger test will await these boys when they are up against quicker players than Hamilton and Rudden.

Docherty was absolutely top drawer yesterday, played the real captain role from where I sit, protected the two inexperienced center backs  drove the team forward and kept a lid on the team when they were losing theirs.

I noticed at both goals he was keen to keep the players grounded, and at Full time all of the players and the manager were very low key with their celebrations.  That must have took a lot of restraint after the way they have over celebrated after games against them.

One swallow and all that but no point in beating Raith and dropping point this Saturday.

31/3/2024 7:41 pm  #96

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Not a lot more to add to most of the comments above, most of which are fair.

I was in the ground at 14.20 and their players were going through their paces already, the Raith players go through some warm up.  We came out at 14.30 and when we left at 14.50 the whole Raith squad were still out there. I thought they would tire, don't give a shit how fit you are but that can't be right, no wonder they used 6 subs.

The whole back 4 and even Jack Walton who when asked to come for a few cross balls, all of them done their jobs very well.

That said I have no idea why Raith continually shelled long ball up to big Graham and McClelland.  It played right into our hands, a bigger test will await these boys when they are up against quicker players than Hamilton and Rudden.

Docherty was absolutely top drawer yesterday, played the real captain role from where I sit, protected the two inexperienced center backs  drove the team forward and kept a lid on the team when they were losing theirs.

I noticed at both goals he was keen to keep the players grounded, and at Full time all of the players and the manager were very low key with their celebrations.  That must have took a lot of restraint after the way they have over celebrated after games against them.

One swallow and all that but no point in beating Raith and dropping point this Saturday.

It was good to see Docherty calming everyone down when the penalty went in. Now is not the time for any histrionics
If and its still a big if we win the league that's the time to go mental. Till then calmness required.

31/3/2024 8:07 pm  #97

It certainly was StillLiving.

Noted that Jim also got a dig in during his post match interview saying he had noted others over celebrating. I would reckon that would be when Raith won the title back in December at Tannadice and the way they creamed their pants back in February.

01/4/2024 8:51 am  #98

Anyone know anything about HARDING #43 who was one of six unused subs on Saturday?

Because player info on our website is pathetic & because we never get to see the U/18s, U/21s, Reserves (or whatever they're called which might not be anything anyway cos I don't know if they actually play any games) certainly none that we can easily attend.

Not a good move by the Glesgae authorities.

01/4/2024 10:46 am  #99

United Arab Emarite wrote:

Anyone know anything about HARDING #43 who was one of six unused subs on Saturday?

Because player info on our website is pathetic & because we never get to see the U/18s, U/21s, Reserves (or whatever they're called which might not be anything anyway cos I don't know if they actually play any games) certainly none that we can easily attend.

Central defender came through the Academy/ Baldragon  route.

01/4/2024 10:58 am  #100

United Arab Emarite wrote:

100% this. not hard to do it properly ffs

Board footera