Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14/2/2024 4:17 am  #1

Ground Staff

Hearing a few of our ground staff have handed in their notice to go to.

Dundee.

14/2/2024 8:13 am  #2

Re: Ground Staff

Watching some of them young laddies walk about wi one hand in pocket, the other hand holding a fork is embarrassing. The old groundsmen would not stop from start of ht to the end. Lucky if the current staff ‘tap’ the grass a handful of times at ht these days! Tbf to the long serving groundsmen, United treated them like s*it and they stayed so if a better opportunity comes up good luck to them. 

14/2/2024 9:34 am  #3

Arabchic wrote:

Watching some of them young laddies walk about wi one hand in pocket, the other hand holding a fork is embarrassing. The old groundsmen would not stop from start of ht to the end. Lucky if the current staff ‘tap’ the grass a handful of times at ht these days! Tbf to the long serving groundsmen, United treated them like s*it and they stayed so if a better opportunity comes up good luck to them. 

I love a moan, I have to admit it however its taking it to a complete new level when we are assessing the effort of the young guys with a pitchfork at half tim😀

Our pitch is the best in the land right now and these guys will no doubt want a fair days wage for a fair days work.

As Chic says good luck to them, they will have there work cut out for them over the road draining that swamp.

14/2/2024 9:39 am  #4

If, they've gone, to Dundee, they'll soon find out exactly how difficult trying to fix a fucked pitch is.

It's very much an an Elastoplast on a broken leg situation..

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

14/2/2024 11:21 am  #5

Maybe they bide in Charleston and are fancying a shorter commute.

14/2/2024 3:06 pm  #6

Out pitch has looked great this season; its taken a battering several times, the Arbroath game in particular and its stayed in really good condition throughout so whoever has been working on it has done a very good job it seems.  

16/2/2024 7:28 pm  #7

I work at the University, and I know the plans Dundee has for that area, and they are impressive (not stadium-related). I was impressed by their GM and was told by my counterpart his knowledge of funding is what is paying for the upgrades. After seeing their plans, I can see why people are moving to them. 

We need to get our act in order. Where is our CEO & COO? 

17/2/2024 1:37 am  #8

UniDundee wrote:

I work at the University, and I know the plans Dundee has for that area, and they are impressive (not stadium-related).

What are they?

21/2/2024 5:27 pm  #9

Plans for a state-of-the-art training ground. As I said, their plans, which are at an advanced stage, are impressive, and their staff spoke and presented the plans very well. 

Kudos to them. 

21/2/2024 6:16 pm  #10

UniDundee wrote:

Plans for a state-of-the-art training ground. As I said, their plans, which are at an advanced stage, are impressive, and their staff spoke and presented the plans very well. 

Kudos to them. 

how do they intend to pay for it?

21/2/2024 6:54 pm  #11

The plans they've submitted to the council may be impressive.

However, the council can only grant permission to do any level of works within the boundary of the site, and there will likely be some issues to overcome even before they get to the access road, which is off a road the council do not own or operate.

That'll be down to Transport Scotland and the Police.

Then you only have to look a few miles along the road to the RPC, where the access road in and out, was blocked off to save congestion on the Kingsway.

The RPC over a fortnight, probably doesn't generate as much extra traffic as one single match day, all extra traffic has to be accommodated on Claverhouse Road.

Anyone been to McDonalds, KFC or Nandos on a Friday tea-time? It's mental and that's without football traffic or an Ice Hockey game can you imagine it on a matchday?

Fair play to them though, it's ambitious, it might be good for them.

But imho what they're trying to isn't the issue, it's where they're trying to do it.

I'm not that arsed, but in some plans it still shows their training ground on Camperdown Park, that's Camperdown Park that was gifted to the people of Dundee, if that's still the plan, that alone will raise plenty objections.

'Dundee' Would be better doing everything they're planning to do apart from putting the stadium there, make the footprint of the stadium the training centre.

Last edited by David_Blunkett (21/2/2024 6:58 pm)

21/2/2024 9:14 pm  #12

David_Blunkett wrote:

However, the council can only grant permission to do any level of works within the boundary of the site, and there will likely be some issues to overcome even before they get to the access road, which is off a road the council do not own or operate.

Then you only have to look a few miles along the road to the RPC, where the access road in and out, was blocked off to save congestion on the Kingsway.

The RPC over a fortnight, probably doesn't generate as much extra traffic as one single match day, all extra traffic has to be accommodated on Claverhouse Road.

Anyone been to McDonalds, KFC or Nandos on a Friday tea-time? It's mental and that's without football traffic or an Ice Hockey game can you imagine it on a matchday?

But imho what they're trying to isn't the issue, it's where they're trying to do it.

I'm not that arsed, but in some plans it still shows their training ground on Camperdown Park, that's Camperdown Park that was gifted to the people of Dundee, if that's still the plan, that alone will raise plenty objections.

'Dundee' Would be better doing everything they're planning to do apart from putting the stadium there, make the footprint of the stadium the training centre.

Their training ground won't be at Camperdown park. See my posts further up. 

21/2/2024 9:33 pm  #13

UniDundee wrote:

David_Blunkett wrote:

Their training ground won't be at Camperdown park. See my posts further up. 

Fair doos, just 2 + 2 = 5, as the latest artist impressions of the stadium are showed a training type area.

07/3/2024 11:25 pm  #14

Advert out today looking for a new head Groundsman.

Our pitch is immaculate at the minute and night and day compared to what it was a few years back.

08/3/2024 11:33 am  #15

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Advert out today looking for a new head Groundsman.

Our pitch is immaculate at the minute and night and day compared to what it was a few years back.

It's like a bowling green, brilliant.
Credit to the Club, result of heavy investment.

08/3/2024 11:54 am  #16

Meh back gaerden is in better condition than that mud swamp up the road.

Board footera