Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/3/2024 12:26 pm  #1

Morton Vs Utd - Tuesday 5th March

Does anyone know if you can buy a PPV stream of the game?

04/3/2024 3:43 pm  #2

Re: Morton Vs Utd - Tuesday 5th March

Morton fans not confident, few injuries and creating nothing up front. If we dont concede first we can win this

04/3/2024 6:54 pm  #3

Need to be bang at it from the start and can't keep losing the first goal.

Get Grimshaw back in at right back, a big ask for Gallagher to play another game but fingers crossed he's fit to play again.

Docherty is a must from the start, night and day with him in there which should hopefully see a return to form of Sibbald who's form has dipped a little recently.

Moult up front, leave Watt on the bench.

Finally we know what we are in for tomorrow night, got to be up for this. Shithousery aplenty will be going on we need to be streetwise.

05/3/2024 10:33 am  #4

dufc2019 wrote:

Morton fans not confident, few injuries and creating nothing up front. If we dont concede first we can win this

Lets hope we can manage not to concede first as all they will do is sit in behind the ball and we will struggle to break them down.

05/3/2024 1:06 pm  #5

Hopefully Wotherspoon can make the bench as well.

If we win tonight it puts massive pressure on Raith in the fife derby while we have Arbroath at home…

05/3/2024 1:13 pm  #6

RogerTheAlien wrote:

If we win tonight it puts massive pressure on Raith in the fife derby while we have Arbroath at home…

exactly

05/3/2024 2:56 pm  #7

RogerTheAlien wrote:

I know every game is must win but this one really is.

05/3/2024 4:44 pm  #8

Walton

Grimshaw
Holt
Gallagher
McMann

Sibbald
Tillson 
Docherty

Thomson 
Watt
Moult

05/3/2024 5:40 pm  #9

So looks like we can’t buy a stream of the game from Morton and in other great news it’s doesn’t even seem to have any Radio Scotland coverage.

Great.

05/3/2024 10:42 pm  #10

That is a vital win.

05/3/2024 10:43 pm  #11

Thank the Lord for that.

05/3/2024 10:45 pm  #12

Absolutely massive win, real pressure on raith in fife derby at the weekend now.

05/3/2024 10:46 pm  #13

Excellent 3 points tonight.
Should maybe alter a few opinions that Goodwin has no plan B, but probably not.
Roll onto Arbroath 1-0 again will suffice.

05/3/2024 10:48 pm  #14

need that level of effort every game we have left

good win at tough ground

05/3/2024 10:56 pm  #15

Good result. Didn’t hear or see any of it so leave the criticism to others, but difficult place to go and win so well done to all.

05/3/2024 11:13 pm  #16

Didn’t see any of it but will take 3 points all day long.  Hopefully Wotherspoon available for the weekend.  Big weekend coming up.

05/3/2024 11:36 pm  #17

Everything that we needed to show was on display, the guys left everything on the pitch.

Some on here have questioned why Tilson was signed and although even tonight he was poor at times in possession he was very resilient against a tough oppenent.

Thought young Thomson got wired in and can be very proud of himself  never backed out of a tackle and showed for the ball all night.

The captain and Sibbald were solid in the middle.

On to Saturday where we can make some changes and have a slight different approach in terms of style.

Last edited by CCX2 2010 (05/3/2024 11:36 pm)

05/3/2024 11:54 pm  #18

Magnificent win. Thought to a man we were excellent.

Docherty, Gallagher and Holt all fantastic.

Mon the pars now.

05/3/2024 11:58 pm  #19

Great result. Just need Saturday games to go in our favour now.

06/3/2024 12:20 am  #20

Same team for Saturday.

06/3/2024 12:25 am  #21

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Same team for Saturday.

No chance of that in my opinion.

Goodwin picked horses for courses tonight, Saturday's challenge will be entirely different.

Wootherspoon might return on Saturday.

06/3/2024 12:31 am  #22

Thought we battled extremely well there. Didn't let them bully us.

It wasn't pretty or silky but our shape was good and we limited them to just a couple of shots. Morton only started to get a look-in towards the end when tiredness meant our press was not quite as effective as it had been (and it was excellent for about 75 minutes).

As for Miller Thomson, I haven't seen a youngster come into the team and look like he knows he belongs there since Gauldie. Played further forward again tonight and caused them problems all night. Hope he doesn't get carried away and keeps putting in the work that's getting him a starting spot.

And once again, Goodwin drops the guys who have not been doing enough (Middleton, Kai, Greive) and changes things up. I honestly believe he sees many of the same problems that we do, and he generally isn't slow to pull the trigger. If the players were doing what he asked them to do every game, he wouldn't replace a third of the team every week. Clearly they're not. Agree with stillliving who commented on Goodwin's plan B. I think he has a few different ways of dealing with opponents, but I don't think the players are doing what he asks. Tonight they did.

Great 3 points.

06/3/2024 9:34 am  #23

Canadian Arab wrote:

It wasn't pretty or silky but our shape was good and we limited them to just a couple of shots. Morton only started to get a look-in towards the end when tiredness meant our press was not quite as effective as it had been (and it was excellent for about 75 minutes).

As for Miller Thomson, I haven't seen a youngster come into the team and look like he knows he belongs there since Gauldie. Played further forward again tonight and caused them problems all night. Hope he doesn't get carried away and keeps putting in the work that's getting him a starting spot.

And once again, Goodwin drops the guys who have not been doing enough (Middleton, Kai, Greive) and changes things up. I honestly believe he sees many of the same problems that we do, and he generally isn't slow to pull the trigger. If the players were doing what he asked them to do every game, he wouldn't replace a third of the team every week. Clearly they're not. Agree with stillliving who commented on Goodwin's plan B. I think he has a few different ways of dealing with opponents, but I don't think the players are doing what he asks. Tonight they did.

Great 3 points.

Good post, fully agree.

06/3/2024 9:55 am  #24

Canadian Arab wrote:

Great 3 points.

Delighted that some people see Goodwin as a tactician.  That means I might be wrong about him.  What I don't get however is that he doesn't appear capable of removing/motivating players that aren't doing what he wants.  If a player wasn't doing what he wants, why do they invariably come back on the pitch for the second half and why are the subs pretty much always at 60 minutes.  That suggests that he either isn't upset with the non-compliers or doesn't have the balls to deal with them.  Either way not good.

As for last night, when I saw the team, that was the team I would have picked against Morton.  People shouting for Cudjoe in that game don't appear to understand the reality of Scottish football.  This was one for your most resolute and physical players to go and grind out a result.  We did that so congrats to all.  Players looked pumped at the end so maybe just maybe a bit of team spirit can get us the gap that we need.

06/3/2024 11:18 am  #25

Finn Seemann wrote:

Good result. Didn’t hear or see any of it so leave the criticism to others, but difficult place to go and win so well done to all.

I find it interesting that your comment is 'leave the criticism to others'.

Why not say 'leave the praise' or 'leave the feedback on the performance' to others.........  Does every performance have to be looked at negatively?

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

Board footera