Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/2/2024 3:54 pm  #51

Re: United V Airdrie

Tek wrote:

United Arab Emarite wrote:

Neil Warnock might be available tonight.

I read somewhere that there has been a manager sacked whilst top of the league but forget who it was, might even have been in Engerland. Anyone remember?

Few years ago, but Dundee sacked John McCormack whilst still top of this league.

Pretty sure they also sacked Jim Duffy when they were top of the league.

Were Hearts no top and also unbeaten when they sacked George Burley?

Last edited by JerryDungle (28/2/2024 3:55 pm)

28/2/2024 11:29 pm  #52

Did jocky Scott not get punted when they were also top of the league

29/2/2024 12:49 am  #53

JerryDungle wrote:

Tek wrote:

United Arab Emarite wrote:

Neil Warnock might be available tonight.

I read somewhere that there has been a manager sacked whilst top of the league but forget who it was, might even have been in Engerland. Anyone remember?

Few years ago, but Dundee sacked John McCormack whilst still top of this league.

Pretty sure they also sacked Jim Duffy when they were top of the league.

Were Hearts no top and also unbeaten when they sacked George Burley?

Think that's correct about George Burley.

29/2/2024 10:43 am  #54

Back to the booing.

At half time it was made clear from folks round me (GF Lower middle) that it was directed at the Ref. It was still 0-0.

After the 2nd goal rolled in, I just stood up with my hands on my haed, as loadsa fowk squeezed past me to get oot. At FT, just turned and went up the stairs. It's mair clearer then wha the booing was directed at.

29/2/2024 5:14 pm  #55

I noticed that Jim threw Declan upfront for the last 10 minutes and it was like the last days of Ray as manager with him doing the same with Mark Durban and we all know how that worked out !

29/2/2024 6:34 pm  #56

I am still totally dumbfounded as to how one of the worst teams I have ever seen in tangerine has a +33 goal difference.  This league is rubbish and the opposition, limited as they are, have 'figured us out'  The common denominator is Goodwin.  Regardless of the shitshow left by Asghar and the limitations of the US numpty, Goodwin should have more than enough at his disposal to win this league at a canter.  However, he is clearly no tactician and the one approach (slow and methodical tippy tappy) he has doesn't work when nobody fears you.  Nobody fears you Jim, not the opposition, not their fans, not even your own underperforming prima donna players.  Start with them - don't just drop them and bring them back.  Demand what you did when you played yourself and get some home truths out there ASAP.

29/2/2024 6:37 pm  #57

BMT wrote:

I noticed that Jim threw Declan upfront for the last 10 minutes and it was like the last days of Ray as manager with him doing the same with Mark Durban and we all know how that worked out !

Rory Macleod in the 18’s is 12 goals in 5 games yet Meekison, Mochrie and Cudjoe who have offered fuck all in months get in ahead of him as well.

29/2/2024 8:54 pm  #58

... another thing does my nut, see when subbies need making - crystal - do it at half time ffs.

01/3/2024 1:19 pm  #59

RogerTheAlien wrote:

BMT wrote:

Rory Macleod in the 18’s is 12 goals in 5 games yet Meekison, Mochrie and Cudjoe who have offered fuck all in months get in ahead of him as well.

he couldnt get a game for forfar mate. 

01/3/2024 1:19 pm  #60

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

... another thing does my nut, see when subbies need making - crystal - do it at half time ffs.

he does seem to take an age to make them

01/3/2024 2:34 pm  #61

dufc2019 wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

BMT wrote:

I don't think that was down to his ability, though.  Was there not a fall out between him and one of the management team at Forfar?

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

01/3/2024 3:41 pm  #62

Macho Man wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

I don't think that was down to his ability, though.  Was there not a fall out between him and one of the management team at Forfar?

no it wasnt , its cause he wasnt making any impact when he did play and his attitude was bad.

01/3/2024 4:41 pm  #63

dufc2019 wrote:

Macho Man wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

no it wasnt , its cause he wasnt making any impact when he did play and his attitude was bad.

Wasn't aware. Ta

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

01/3/2024 6:15 pm  #64

I suspect the laddie believed the Fat Controller when he told him he was worth £10M or whatever nonsense figure he spouted.  Laddie turns up in the land of bridies and expects to be kingpin.  Given a few games.  Does feck all.  Told he's not all that.  Toys out the pram.  

For me, when I saw him for us while Asghar had him in the 'shop window' while we were falling out the league, I thought he looked like he mght come on to something but he was well off the pace.  Sounds as if nothing much has changed.

Board footera