Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/2/2024 1:56 am  #26

Re: United V Airdrie

Finn Seemann wrote:

We have to empty him now and give ourselves every chance to win this league. He’s going to keep us down for a long time if we don’t change it.

This.

Get rid of him now. The team is regressing before our eyes and has done for weeks on end. He will keep us down 100%

And i will even give you a name of who i would make Interim Manager until the season's end.

Jim McInally.

28/2/2024 2:03 am  #27

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Goodwin was massively at fault for that tonight, it was absolutely toothless. He goes on about identity, I would love to know what the gameplay was tonight, it was all over the shop.

Mate, you said last week you respect him and would keep him on if we win the league because 'we owe him'. Not having a go btw because at least you answered my question.

But do you now see why we cannot keep him on regardless of what happens come May 3rd?

He has to go after that.

28/2/2024 2:08 am  #28

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Grieve - no doubt about him, tireless runner - that's the laddies best asset. 

Not to single him out, because he wasn't our worst last night (but just because you mentioned him).

He (to me) is very much a 'Goodwin player' i.e. works hard, tracks back and tries to defend, and keeps his shape etc etc.

Only draw back being he contributes absolutely fuck all offensively (what he was signed to do).

He reminds me of Tillson in that regard. I see a pattern emerging.

God forbid Goodwin stays on next season our team would be choc full of nice guys who run about all day, but can't actually play football.

28/2/2024 2:46 am  #29

Goodwins here till the season’s end. Then after a failed attempt in the play offs we’ll appoint another Largs made ex player in the same mould. More tippy tappy possession football, box ticking, mediocre players from the Ross Countys of this world, youngsters who are weak AF and can’t make the step up, loan signings who have 1 good game every 5, Ogren not giving a shit and looking to sell to anyone with 10 bob. 

yours, Nostradamus. 

It's not where you're from it's where you're at.

28/2/2024 3:14 am  #30

The likes of Glass, Mochrie and Meekison simply aren't good enough for us, and that's in the 2nd tier, talented footballers they may be but they have no heart, no steel about them, they should be busting a gut to claim a starting place but that's not what I see, they look like they're in a training game, get rid.

28/2/2024 4:08 am  #31

Tek wrote:

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Grieve - no doubt about him, tireless runner - that's the laddies best asset. 

Not to single him out, because he wasn't our worst last night (but just because you mentioned him).

He (to me) is very much a 'Goodwin player' i.e. works hard, tracks back and tries to defend, and keeps his shape etc etc.

Only draw back being he contributes absolutely fuck all offensively (what he was signed to do).

He reminds me of Tillson in that regard. I see a pattern emerging.

God forbid Goodwin stays on next season our team would be choc full of nice guys who run about all day, but can't actually play football.

You're cherry picking what I said.
Which was he should have been on their goalie etc etc ...

Other than that, couldnae agree more.

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (28/2/2024 4:11 am)

28/2/2024 8:54 am  #32

I saw Warnock claiming his Aberdeen team were bullied, christ knows what he would make of this Utd team. We are far too nice all over the park.
Nobody leaves a foot in, no stray elbows no anything.
If we had a few good old fashioned battles in the tunnel we would be bottom of the fight league by miles.
Can we please sign a few dirty horrible bastards.

28/2/2024 9:06 am  #33

Tek wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Goodwin was massively at fault for that tonight, it was absolutely toothless. He goes on about identity, I would love to know what the gameplay was tonight, it was all over the shop.

Mate, you said last week you respect him and would keep him on if we win the league because 'we owe him'. Not having a go btw because at least you answered my question.

But do you now see why we cannot keep him on regardless of what happens come May 3rd?

He has to go after that.

You might be right and you may be wrong, it's an opinion made some time in February.

He still does have my respect for at least trying last year, we have done this already and I've stated my reasons.

But all this "Goodwin out" has not helped at all, the place was so quite last night, folk booing the young guys off at half time, there's a real lack of support from our crowd right now.

We are where we are and we need to get out this season.

28/2/2024 9:18 am  #34

Thank fuck for goal difference....

I thought last nights bench looked more competent than our starting 11.

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

28/2/2024 9:36 am  #35

Stillliving wrote:

I saw Warnock claiming his Aberdeen team were bullied, christ knows what he would make of this Utd team. We are far too nice all over the park.
Nobody leaves a foot in, no stray elbows no anything.
If we had a few good old fashioned battles in the tunnel we would be bottom of the fight league by miles.
Can we please sign a few dirty horrible bastards.

It is weird that we are in this situation, when our manager is Jim Goodwin, with Davie Bowman as a coach. Surely the one thing that the two of them know about is letting the other team know they are in a game.

28/2/2024 9:58 am  #36

Macho Man wrote:

Thank fuck for goal difference....

I thought last nights bench looked more competent than our starting 11.

I noticed that at half time watching them warm up, half they boys should be on.

Hes trying to use his full squad but it back fired spectacularly last night.

Strongest 11 on the pitch and see what happens from there.

28/2/2024 10:09 am  #37

Tek wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

He has to go after that.

He has to but unfortunately he won’t. Should have been sacked before he made it to the tunnel. We are getting what we deserve for giving him the job after the disgrace of post split last season.

28/2/2024 10:18 am  #38

KdyArab wrote:

Tek wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

He has to go after that.

He has to but unfortunately he won’t. Should have been sacked before he made it to the tunnel. We are getting what we deserve for giving him the job after the disgrace of post split last season.

Hypothetically who would you like to see in the post and or who would you have given it to in the summer?

28/2/2024 10:27 am  #39

I thought the fans were very patient last night. Not many boos at half time , applauded the players when they could see they were trying even if it didn’t come off. Couldn’t blame anyone for booing at full time as yet again let down massively.

28/2/2024 10:34 am  #40

BMT wrote:

I thought the fans were very patient last night. Not many boos at half time , applauded the players when they could see they were trying even if it didn’t come off. Couldn’t blame anyone for booing at full time as yet again let down massively.

Maybe just where I sit mate, completely understand it at Full time.

28/2/2024 11:18 am  #41

CCX2 2010 wrote:

KdyArab wrote:

Tek wrote:

He has to go after that.

Hypothetically who would you like to see in the post and or who would you have given it to in the summer?

That’s not my job. That’s what the CEO gets paid for but there is no way on earth he was the best man for the job in the summer. If I had to pick a name I’d go for Lennon until the end of the season. No way he would accept the drivel that is being served up week on week. Appreciate it would be a gamble but one we can’t afford not to take because there is no way we are winning the league with that charlatan in charge and with his record in big games we wouldn’t even win in the first play off game never mind the final.

28/2/2024 11:34 am  #42

Deary Fucking me, that last night has pissed me off than anything we witnessed last season.

We could all see it coming the minute the team was announced.

Poor footballers, so many games in so many days after checks notes * a low to medium intensity work out 4-5 days a week for 2 hours.

Fucking hell, you get the points on the board, then you worry about changes, he's tried to be too smart and he fucked it.

Last night was a chance to reopen a bigger gap, Morton were always likely to go to Raith and get some sort of result, but no, Goodwin had to fuck about.

So instead of sitting here, still top by a point at worst or three, we're now level and Raith have pretty much a bye on Friday.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

28/2/2024 11:42 am  #43

Snacks94 wrote:

If we had McCabe instead of Goodwin we would be walking this league. Regardless of if we get promoted Goodwin has to go at the end of the season. We have been shocking since the start of December. Thistle at home our only decent performance and a number of absolute stinkers.

The problem as I see it, is simply.......We're set up to get a goal and see it out and if a second goal comes, then that's good.

I think any manager that focussed mostly on attacking the opposition, playing a fast paced or even more positive style, with no emphasis on stats would see us win this league comfortably.

Airdrie's main tactic last night for most of the game was try to pull us out of position, then lump a long ball over the top, try to win the 2nd ball.

Maybe that's down to the limited footballing ability of their players (but they were very well drilled and worked their balls off) but I would hate to watch that every week.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

28/2/2024 11:59 am  #44

KdyArab wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

KdyArab wrote:

That’s not my job. That’s what the CEO gets paid for but there is no way on earth he was the best man for the job in the summer. If I had to pick a name I’d go for Lennon until the end of the season. No way he would accept the drivel that is being served up week on week. Appreciate it would be a gamble but one we can’t afford not to take because there is no way we are winning the league with that charlatan in charge and with his record in big games we wouldn’t even win in the first play off game never mind the final.

Nobody will touch Lennon, hence the reason he not been employed for over a year. Further, my guess is that he wouldn't have taken it, look at state of our club, its a fuckin mess.

He also certainly not everyone's cup of tea, and our fans like with Goodwin would be waiting on that bad patch to jump on it and say "I told you so".

Anyway fingers crossed we get out of this league and we have a decision to make in the summer for the better.

28/2/2024 12:13 pm  #45

David_Blunkett wrote:

Snacks94 wrote:

If we had McCabe instead of Goodwin we would be walking this league. Regardless of if we get promoted Goodwin has to go at the end of the season. We have been shocking since the start of December. Thistle at home our only decent performance and a number of absolute stinkers.

The problem as I see it, is simply.......We're set up to get a goal and see it out and if a second goal comes, then that's good.

I think any manager that focussed mostly on attacking the opposition, playing a fast paced or even more positive style, with no emphasis on stats would see us win this league comfortably.

Airdrie's main tactic last night for most of the game was try to pull us out of position, then lump a long ball over the top, try to win the 2nd ball.

Maybe that's down to the limited footballing ability of their players (but they were very well drilled and worked their balls off) but I would hate to watch that every week.

There is the problem, McCabe has them well drilled, every single player in that team know exactly what they are doing, what’s our tactic give it Middleton on the left and hope he crosses the ball- it’s absolute amateur stuff from us at times and imo they actually do play good football. Even there corner routines are far superior, he’s a good up and coming manager and is exactly who we should be going for when Goodwin eventually gets punted.

Last edited by SuperMario (28/2/2024 12:13 pm)

28/2/2024 12:29 pm  #46

CCX2 2010 wrote:

KdyArab wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Nobody will touch Lennon, hence the reason he not been employed for over a year. Further, my guess is that he wouldn't have taken it, look at state of our club, its a fuckin mess.

He also certainly not everyone's cup of tea, and our fans like with Goodwin would be waiting on that bad patch to jump on it and say "I told you so".

Anyway fingers crossed we get out of this league and we have a decision to make in the summer for the better.

100% agree the club is a mess and that’s why I say it is too big a gamble to keep Goodwin. If we don’t get up, which I would say is more likely than not, it doesn’t bear thinking about. As much as I don’t like Goodwin he isn’t solely to blame for us being in the state we are, Ogren has to take the blame for that and the sooner he fucks off the better.

28/2/2024 12:32 pm  #47

SuperMario wrote:

David_Blunkett wrote:

Snacks94 wrote:

There is the problem, McCabe has them well drilled, every single player in that team know exactly what they are doing, what’s our tactic give it Middleton on the left and hope he crosses the ball- it’s absolute amateur stuff from us at times and imo they actually do play good football. Even there corner routines are far superior, he’s a good up and coming manager and is exactly who we should be going for when Goodwin eventually gets punted.

I don't think we need an up and coming manager.  We need someone who's tried and tested.  We're a basket case of a club just now (thanks to the Asghar regime and the blind faith shown in that regime by Ogren, IMO).  We need an old head to steady the ship and get the club sorted out from top to bottom.  Similar to what Levein had to do.

We need to sort out the mind set of the players, the training, the academy - if we keep it.  Its a massive task to get the club sorted and it will take time.

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

28/2/2024 12:39 pm  #48

Macho Man wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

David_Blunkett wrote:

I don't think we need an up and coming manager.  We need someone who's tried and tested.  We're a basket case of a club just now (thanks to the Asghar regime and the blind faith shown in that regime by Ogren, IMO).  We need an old head to steady the ship and get the club sorted out from top to bottom.  Similar to what Levein had to do.

We need to sort out the mind set of the players, the training, the academy - if we keep it.  Its a massive task to get the club sorted and it will take time.

We should’ve got Derek McInnes long ago, before he even took the Kilmarnock job, we’d be where they are right now if we did. He never would’ve worked under Asghar but I’d be absolutely certain we’d be in a much better place as a club if we had McInnes in charge.

Last edited by JerryDungle (28/2/2024 12:41 pm)

28/2/2024 1:46 pm  #49

Neil Warnock might be available tonight.

I read somewhere that there has been a manager sacked whilst top of the league but forget who it was, might even have been in Engerland. Anyone remember?

28/2/2024 2:59 pm  #50

United Arab Emarite wrote:

Neil Warnock might be available tonight.

I read somewhere that there has been a manager sacked whilst top of the league but forget who it was, might even have been in Engerland. Anyone remember?

Few years ago, but Dundee sacked John McCormack whilst still top of this league.

Board footera