Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/2/2024 12:02 am  #1

Mochrie, Meekison and our Youth System

Tonight’s on Goodwin, but they two should never play for us again. They’ve been given multiple chances against shite opposition and time and time again have proven they’re nowhere near good enough even at this shite level, along with near every youth prospect we’ve had in the last 8/9 year.

Our fabled youth system hasn’t been properly functional for about a decade, who was the last footballer we produced that actually went on to do anything of note? Harry Souttar?

All these Mochrie’s, Glasses, Meekinson’s, Freeman’s, Coote’s etc. are fucking honking, might be bra fives players playing against other little boys, but they will never be good enough to play for Dundee United.

Bring back Stevie Campbell, he knew how to develop footballers ready for our first team at 18/19 year old. Thon Andy Goldie and the boy Cowie are fucking pretenders who can present a good power point and say a few buzzwords, but the proof is in the pudding, can they produce footballers capable of playing for Dundee United? Can they fuck.

28/2/2024 12:23 am  #2

Re: Mochrie, Meekison and our Youth System

and are Watt, Middleton, Grieve and Moult products of our youth system too  ?

Cause they were just as bad if not worse ?

28/2/2024 1:51 am  #3

I actually thought Mochrie played pretty well in the 2nd half. He at least carried the ball forward and tried to make something happen, and was then rewarded by being subbed off.

Very few of our players tried to do anything positive tonight.

Thomson and Mochrie only for me.

28/2/2024 1:52 am  #4

JerryDungle wrote:

Thon Andy Goldie and the boy Cowie are fucking pretenders who can present a good power point and say a few buzzwords, but the proof is in the pudding, can they produce footballers capable of playing for Dundee United? Can they fuck.

This bit i agree with 100% on though.

100%

Board footera