Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24/2/2024 10:28 pm  #51

Re: Utd Vs QP

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Frustrating, disjointed at times yes, but that's the nature of the beast in this diddy division.
Moult's free kick a peach, long time since we've seen one.
Corner, great to finally see goal from corner and thought Watt did the simple instinctive strikers thing well - hitting ball into deck.
Third, fast breaking with width team goal, cut inside, precision finish.- wee while since we've seen one of them.
Oor Wullie MOTM (as usual.)
Tillson gtf, absolute liability.

Any word on Wotherspoon ?

Agree it’s great to see a goal from a corner, but our goal last week was also from a corner!!

24/2/2024 11:46 pm  #52

Thats the way to do it.

Apart from the Ponderosa time wasting for periods of the match at the back, that was a good performance.

QP were no bad on the times they had a break, thats how they scored. There was a period in the 2nd half when they had us stuck in oor ain half, Eh couldna work oot how that was happening TBH, but it thankfully never came to phuck-all.

Goals. Moults - a belter.
Tilsons - gled fir the lad, just wish his passing was better, gave the ga awa a number too many times.
Middleton - Ehv never had 100% complete confidence in him, but he took it well. Full credit to him coz he played well the day.

Twa boys in near me moaning when Moult and Cudjoe were ta'en aff, and they were shouting aboot Goodwin putting on "twa dummies" instead. But Eh was plaesed just a wee while later to point oot that the "twa dummies" had just got a goal and an assist. ( TBH Eh didna want Cudjoe ta'en aff either )

Nae surprehz Scott the Balloon never did us any favours.

MOTM for me, Cudjoe and Thomson.

25/2/2024 6:45 am  #53

Snacks94 wrote:

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Frustrating, disjointed at times yes, but that's the nature of the beast in this diddy division.
Corner, great to finally see goal from corner and thought Watt did the simple instinctive strikers thing well - hitting ball into deck.
Third, fast breaking with width team goal, cut inside, precision finish.- wee while since we've seen one of them.

Agree it’s great to see a goal from a corner, but our goal last week was also from a corner!!

Corner - sorry mate ... losing it !      tbf stiil trying to forget that game.

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (25/2/2024 6:48 am)

25/2/2024 11:21 am  #54

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Snacks94 wrote:

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Corner - sorry mate ... losing it !      tbf stiil trying to forget that game.

Young lad Thomson was putting in great deliveries from corners. He looked a bit shaky to start with at full back but thought he did ok. Any mistakes were dealt with by Gallacher who was really good. Fealt a little sorry for Graham but Gallacher is the better player in this position. Walton sloppy with their goal but made amends saving later when we could have went two down. A pivotal moment. Great free kick from Moult for the equaliser with virtually no run up to the ball. Was pleased for Tillson at the second but the boy really needs to improve his passing. The third was a well worked goal. Middleton’s pass to Greive was slightly overhit but Middleton followed in to take a good position for the return. When he replaced Cudjoe, who I thought played really well, thought there was no need to boo him being replaced, although in fairness I would have liked to see him stay on for another 10 minutes. All in all a good 3 points at home where we have struggled too many times this season.

25/2/2024 12:19 pm  #55

I dont Think this 4-4-2 is working. shoehorning Moult and watt into the team and they have been shite for weeks

25/2/2024 3:14 pm  #56

A good 3points and funnily enough even when we went 1-0 I didn’t think we were going to lose this one. Glad to see that when Jim tried something different it worked.

26/2/2024 11:08 am  #57

Yeah, good win. Any win’s a good win at this stage. Character tested a bit I suppose, and patience was needed. 1 game of this 5 game run starts with 3 points.

Board footera