Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

18/12/2023 12:38 pm  #76

Re: January window, what do we need?

Finn Seemann wrote:

WeeDude_83 wrote:

Murray will be a good signing I think.
18 goals and 12 assists in 50 games in season 16/17 isn't to be sniffed at in all honesty. 
Would quite happily offload watt in a swap deal. 
We badly need a right back, so Grimshaw can step into midfield. The boy Tilson is murder and Docherty seems to be one for picking up injuries. 

If we put Grimshaw into midfield get used to the Championship.

agree, I'd rather see a new CDM come in

18/12/2023 12:40 pm  #77

Finn Seemann wrote:

WeeDude_83 wrote:

18 goals and 12 assists in 50 games in season 16/17 isn't to be sniffed at in all honesty. 
We badly need a right back, so Grimshaw can step into midfield. The boy Tilson is murder and Docherty seems to be one for picking up injuries. 

I'll give you that one, I haven't seen him there but saw the comments before about how that's where he wants to play.
Do people trust Goodwin to find us the quality players to reinvigorate us?

18/12/2023 12:52 pm  #78

WeeDude_83 wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

WeeDude_83 wrote:

I'll give you that one, I haven't seen him there but saw the comments before about how that's where he wants to play.

Will be hard to find in January i'd say

18/12/2023 2:23 pm  #79

WeeDude_83 wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

WeeDude_83 wrote:

From memory he played in midfield v Spartans.  That in itself would be all you need to know, but his first touch is also brutal.

18/12/2023 6:11 pm  #80

japanarab wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Heard at the game yesterday that Tony Watt was part of the talks to Ross County, they want him permanent in January but were only interested in loaning us a striker. Heard it was Murray or Brophy.

I’ve heard Murray is a done deal. Scunnered already with this season and can only see us getting beaten in the play offs come the season’s end. Hope I’m very wrong. 

Folk need to calm down about the Raith game. It’s our first loss in the league all season, we were never gonna go the whole season unbeaten, fuck, even Celtic are struggling just now.. Its totally revisionist to say Goodwin’s shite and no up to the job, if you go back and look throughout our history, I can guarantee you our goal difference has never been as high at this stage as it is right now. been below par for the last couple weeks, but a couple good signings early in the window and we’ll still win the league. Raith haven’t won a single game this season by more than one goal, that sort of form will come unstuck at some point, theres no way you keep that up for a whole season. The type of form we’ve been in this season is far more conducive to winning a title than Raith’s, that’s been proven time and time again throughout history.

I think we are becoming a wee bit predictable in our attacks and are relying on the same 2/3 to stay in form, so a couple good signings there will mix things up for us there. The Murray-Watt swap deal is perfect for us, to get Watt’s massive wage off the books, and hopefully invest it back into the squad. He is pound for pound one of the worst signings we have ever made, lazy, unmotivated and is not even close to cutting it at a level below the one we signed him to be the star man at. Don’t know what Ross County have seen in him, but any chance to get rid we should be snapping their arms off. Simon Murray is a great signing, he’s guaranteed goals at this level, his pace will scare defenders and despite being a funster, you know he will give his all for the cause, he’s also a far better and more experienced player than the one that left us 5/6 years ago. I think him and Moult could potentially be a really good partnership with their different qualities. A loan deal for him might even work in our favour more than a permanent one in the sense that he’s a really good championship striker but we might look for better in the Premiership.

I do hope the deal is lined up and ready to go for January 1st. We need to get our ducks in a row early. Murray, a number 10 so you can play, and maybe even bring Chalmers back to give us another wide option, he’s always done well at this level when he’s been loaned out, so wouldn’t be against giving him one final chance to prove his worth at United. Docherty’s injury troubles are worrying, so might be worth going for another CM, but I think having more firepower should be our first priority in the window

Last edited by JerryDungle (18/12/2023 6:18 pm)

18/12/2023 8:29 pm  #81

Does anyone know if you can still do emergency loans in this league?

Just from memory Hibs had Kris Commons signed one from Celtic.

If the above is still an option and there is truth in the Murray rumour we should be getting him in now.

That said I am not getting hopes up with this window going by the sickening lack of action January.

19/12/2023 11:07 am  #82

Conjecture:

IF there is truth to the Murray thing, and IF it were to be a permanent move and IF Goodwin has nobody better lined up. I think you'd find RC would let him go early Jan.  I can't imagine they'd want to hang onto him IF hes hearts no in it. - As per previous GMS Armstrong and Cifci robberies and not forgetting Hibs having done the dirty with self-same Murray the night before 2nd leg promotion play off v Haccies - look how that one worked out in terms of lacklustre performance on the day.
And IF they took Watt,  happy days !!

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (19/12/2023 11:11 am)

19/12/2023 1:09 pm  #83

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Conjecture:

IF there is truth to the Murray thing, and IF it were to be a permanent move and IF Goodwin has nobody better lined up. I think you'd find RC would let him go early Jan.  I can't imagine they'd want to hang onto him IF hes hearts no in it. - As per previous GMS Armstrong and Cifci robberies and not forgetting Hibs having done the dirty with self-same Murray the night before 2nd leg promotion play off v Haccies - look how that one worked out in terms of lacklustre performance on the day.

why would anyone want Watt ?

19/12/2023 1:42 pm  #84

Someone on Arabs anonymous saying we want David Wotherspoon in January.

How credible that is i don’t know…

But i wouldn’t mind him on a deal till the summer.

19/12/2023 1:55 pm  #85

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Someone on Arabs anonymous saying we want David Wotherspoon in January.

How credible that is i don’t know…

But i wouldn’t mind him on a deal till the summer.

off to Canada i heard

19/12/2023 7:55 pm  #86

dufc2019 wrote:

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Conjecture:

why would anyone want Watt ?

Can think of no reason. Not one.

Hence the capital IF.
For me in the category of couldnae give him away in a lucky bag/Birighitti/Asghar .

.... actually mebbe even worse than Birighitti - given the wodge hes on on must sew the seed of discord in dressing room.

19/12/2023 8:20 pm  #87

This new SNP tax band is going to make it harder for us to attract players from England.

20/12/2023 9:50 am  #88

Stillliving wrote:

This new SNP tax band is going to make it harder for us to attract players from England.

Not a fan of the SNP, but I doubt if that will make a lot of difference.  It just means we'll have to pay a bit more potentially, which we'd probably need to have done anyway.  It's an increase in tax of £1,750 if you earn £150K.  £33 a week - not far off a coffee a day these days.  Appreciate that we are already paying more than England, but I can't see any footballer being put off.

Personally I'm losing out too, but my gripe is more of an inability of the SNP to spend it wisely rather than any dispute about higher taxation itself.

20/12/2023 7:07 pm  #89

Finn Seemann wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

Not a fan of the SNP, but I doubt if that will make a lot of difference.  It just means we'll have to pay a bit more potentially, which we'd probably need to have done anyway.  It's an increase in tax of £1,750 if you earn £150K.  £33 a week - not far off a coffee a day these days.  Appreciate that we are already paying more than England, but I can't see any footballer being put off.

Personally I'm losing out too, but my gripe is more of an inability of the SNP to spend it wisely rather than any dispute about higher taxation itself.

The additional tax rise added to the differential that already exists will mean a 2 grand a week player will be taking home about 4grand a year less. Enough to pay the Utilities bills.
I would argue that this will be a factor for players from England

21/12/2023 10:42 am  #90

Stillliving wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

The additional tax rise added to the differential that already exists will mean a 2 grand a week player will be taking home about 4grand a year less. Enough to pay the Utilities bills.

I thought that was pish but just looked it up and you are right!  If you earn £110K the difference is just over £4K.  If you earn £200K the difference is £7.5K.  That's actually fairly significant and I agree it will mean that players will either cost more or just not come.  The overall effect on the economy for the small tax take is going to make this worthless over the piece.  Might be moving south myself.

21/12/2023 7:14 pm  #91

Finn Seemann wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

I thought that was pish but just looked it up and you are right!  If you earn £110K the difference is just over £4K.  If you earn £200K the difference is £7.5K.  That's actually fairly significant and I agree it will mean that players will either cost more or just not come.  The overall effect on the economy for the small tax take is going to make this worthless over the piece.  Might be moving south myself.

You should know by now I don't talk pish.
Only factual statements

21/12/2023 9:16 pm  #92

A new CDM would be top priority for me, followed by a striker.

When Denham goes another ch looks likely.

Ideally we could also do with a number 10, a winger and a better right back.

The right back will probably keep until the summer. A winger depends on Cudjoe's situation.

Too much commotion

22/12/2023 10:47 am  #93

Stillliving wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

You should know by now I don't talk pish.
Only factual statements

It does appear that you have moments of lucidity interspersed among periods of taking pish. 

22/12/2023 10:51 am  #94

lifesanocean wrote:

A new CDM would be top priority for me, followed by a striker.

When Denham goes another ch looks likely.

Ideally we could also do with a number 10, a winger and a better right back.

The right back will probably keep until the summer. A winger depends on Cudjoe's situation.

your no wanting much are you 

22/12/2023 11:00 am  #95

Keeper - Fine
CHs - Fine, if Denham goes I'd rather strengthen another position.  Maybe someone who can play CDM but also slot in at CH if needed (Butcher type)
LB - Not sure we have decent cover for McMann but we'll have to do.
RB - Fine
CM - with Docherty a bit of a sick note, Tillson a bit average and none of the youngsters stepping up, we could still do with a playmaker in the middle.
Wingers - we've got nothing spectacular, but I don't think a priority unless Cudjoe is moving on.
Strikers - with Moult off the boil and Watt just pish and youngsters not quite there yet, I think we need two. One to get us out of this division and one who can step up next season.  Murray might be the former.  Maybe the boy Burrell at Cove for the latter.  Been about a bit but only 23 still and banging them in this season.

22/12/2023 12:21 pm  #96

Finn Seemann wrote:

Keeper - Fine
CHs - Fine, if Denham goes I'd rather strengthen another position.  Maybe someone who can play CDM but also slot in at CH if needed (Butcher type)
RB - Fine
CM - with Docherty a bit of a sick note, Tillson a bit average and none of the youngsters stepping up, we could still do with a playmaker in the middle.
Wingers - we've got nothing spectacular, but I don't think a priority unless Cudjoe is moving on.
Strikers - with Moult off the boil and Watt just pish and youngsters not quite there yet, I think we need two. One to get us out of this division and one who can step up next season.  Murray might be the former.  Maybe the boy Burrell at Cove for the latter.  Been about a bit but only 23 still and banging them in this season.

id have a decent winger (easton or morrison), middleton has no competition and can be crap at times

22/12/2023 1:35 pm  #97

dufc2019 wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

Keeper - Fine
RB - Fine

id have a decent winger (easton or morrison), middleton has no competition and can be crap at times

I don't disagree, just not a priority for January

24/12/2023 2:20 pm  #98

Apparently McLeod getting recalled in Janusary, Forfars decision not united's 

26/12/2023 9:52 pm  #99

Goodwin distancing himself with making a move for Simon Murray in his Partick press conference.

31/12/2023 10:32 am  #100

Board footera