Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/11/2023 6:33 pm  #26

Re: Dunfermline vs Utd - Friday 10th November

13/11/2023 12:47 am  #27

Grimshaw makes a huge difference at right back, calm and composed on the ball

Absolutely huge W

Raith want tae feck aff

13/11/2023 10:14 pm  #28

SuperMario wrote:

Grimshaw makes a huge difference at right back, calm and composed on the ball

Absolutely huge W

Raith want tae feck aff

Raith have a lot of games in December.

14/11/2023 4:07 am  #29

I thought Raith were the only team we have played this season who did not seem to be intimidated by playing us. They are fit and well-organised and I thought they caused us quite a few problems. Our draw with them didn't flatter them, albeit we didn't play our best game. If they can keep their squad healthy and don't lose key players in the next window, I can honestly see them staying close to us for the rest of the season. To finish as runaways in second, all they have to do is be better than everyone else except us, and given how pish most teams in this league seem to be, that's not out of the question.

They could certainly go through a sticky patch. And so could we!

Dunfermline didn't create much against us and allowed us to create enough chances to score 4 or 5 against them, with Docherty missing. Raith played us when we had Docherty in the starting XI and they were a goal up on us (deservedly) for around 45 minutes of the game.

14/11/2023 8:50 am  #30

Canadian Arab wrote:

I thought Raith were the only team we have played this season who did not seem to be intimidated by playing us. They are fit and well-organised and I thought they caused us quite a few problems. Our draw with them didn't flatter them, albeit we didn't play our best game. If they can keep their squad healthy and don't lose key players in the next window, I can honestly see them staying close to us for the rest of the season. To finish as runaways in second, all they have to do is be better than everyone else except us, and given how pish most teams in this league seem to be, that's not out of the question.

Dunfermline didn't create much against us and allowed us to create enough chances to score 4 or 5 against them, with Docherty missing. Raith played us when we had Docherty in the starting XI and they were a goal up on us (deservedly) for around 45 minutes of the game.

The January transfer window will be crucial.  Whoever has the better one could be the deciding factor.
We definitely need to strengthen the squad

14/11/2023 9:26 am  #31

Stillliving wrote:

Canadian Arab wrote:

The January transfer window will be crucial. Whoever has the better one could be the deciding factor.

in what positions ?

14/11/2023 10:19 am  #32

Canadian Arab wrote:

I didn't think Raith caused us that many issues to be honest.  Their goal was an absolute howler from our centre halfs - one of very few this season, to be fair.  There were also a few other players out of form that day.  Once Moult came on we looked a different team.  They are however, bar potentially Ferguson's ICT, the best of a pretty poor bunch.  If we keep grinding out results we'll be fine.  If we can improve the squad in January then ideal, but we must have one eye on next season.

14/11/2023 10:21 am  #33

dufc2019 wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

Canadian Arab wrote:

The January transfer window will be crucial. Whoever has the better one could be the deciding factor.

in what positions ?

I'd personally cut Tillson's loan short and look to get a better player in as back up to Doc and Sibbald.  I think that this is quite an important signing to get right given how often Doc gets wee niggly injuries.  I also think we could do with another winger that can challenge for a starting place.  We all know how inconsistent wingers can be so options in those positions are always welcome, if we can afford to have them.

I'd also be tempted to send Ollie Denholm back to Cardiff if he's not getting close to a start, assuming that Goodwin is comfortable with the rest of the cover we have for CB for the remainder of the season.

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

14/11/2023 10:34 am  #34

I’d like a better backup for Grimshaw than Freeman. I’d also like another striker. It’s not ideal when Moult can’t play on plastic.

14/11/2023 11:09 am  #35

Still think Watt is a waste of a big wage but assuming we are stuck with him.  I'd agree that a quality central midfielder and another striker are key, but we also have Glass, Mochrie and Meekison who need to be given game time in this division.  When the next best team's centre mid pairing is Stanton and Byrne we know that we don't need an Iniesta in there...

14/11/2023 3:06 pm  #36

Glass, Mochrie and Meekison are all attack minded midfielders, we need cover for Doc who is more defensive minded.

14/11/2023 4:01 pm  #37

Macho Man wrote:

Glass, Mochrie and Meekison are all attack minded midfielders, we need cover for Doc who is more defensive minded.

True - that then begs the question of why they are all still at the club.  Maybe you get the boy Denham to have a go at the holding midfield role?  Didn't seem a great centre half!  He did look mobile, fast enough and happy enough with the ball at his feet so why not?  It's not as if Docherty is Iniesta or Busquets...

14/11/2023 4:25 pm  #38

Finn Seemann wrote:

Macho Man wrote:

True - that then begs the question of why they are all still at the club.  Maybe you get the boy Denham to have a go at the holding midfield role?  Didn't seem a great centre half!  He did look mobile, fast enough and happy enough with the ball at his feet so why not?  It's not as if Docherty is Iniesta or Busquets...

I'm assuming that Denholm isn't quite cutting it, he hasn't had a sniff when any of those positions have had injuries and the position needs filled.

Doc isn't Iniesta, but who is?  He's very important for us at this level and may be again when/if we step up to the Premiership.

Board footera