Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/11/2023 6:37 am  #1

Dunfermline vs Utd - Friday 10th November

Let's really hope Grimshaw and Docherty are back for Friday night.

07/11/2023 7:36 pm  #2

Re: Dunfermline vs Utd - Friday 10th November

Especially Grimshaw 

07/11/2023 8:50 pm  #3

The guys on the podcast said he had a dose of the runs.

Unless it was a seriously bad curry he will surely be back.

07/11/2023 9:45 pm  #4

Tbh if Docherty is still out I'd be tempted to play Grimshaw in midfield in place of Tillson.

Either that or play Glass in midfield and Grimshaw at right back.

Too much commotion

07/11/2023 10:08 pm  #5

lifesanocean wrote:

Tbh if Docherty is still out I'd be tempted to play Grimshaw in midfield in place of Tillson.

Either that or play Glass in midfield and Grimshaw at right back.

Grimshaw is definitely better than Tilson in CM. But if that's means Freeman at RB that can't happen

07/11/2023 10:13 pm  #6

I wasn't too impressed with Grimshaw in midfield, get him back in at right back ASAP.

Tilson done OK on Saturday and will hopefully come on for it, tired a wee bit at the end but that's understandable.

08/11/2023 8:41 pm  #7

Hopefully with Dunfermline being at home they will be a bit more adventurous and not just sit in. I would expect that Jim has a game plan and a better idea what they are all about after their visit to Tannadice.

08/11/2023 10:04 pm  #8

If Grimshaw is back but Docherty ain't.

Keep Grimshaw RB.

Play Mochrie or Glass instead of Tillson.

Either has to be more effective.

09/11/2023 3:03 pm  #9

I'd definitely keep Grimshaw at RB.  His first touch is brutal and I am not sure who told him he was a midfielder, but they were wrong.  If he wants to play in the top league with us then RB is the only position.

I'd play Mochrie.  He had a great loan period at Dunfermline and if he can't therefore rise to the occasion there he won't anywhere.  I still rate him, but chances of being with us next season have got to be limited for him and he needs to show that he is capable of keeping a journeyman like Tilson out of the team.

09/11/2023 4:33 pm  #10

Finn Seemann wrote:

I'd definitely keep Grimshaw at RB.  His first touch is brutal and I am not sure who told him he was a midfielder, but they were wrong.  If he wants to play in the top league with us then RB is the only position.

I'd play Mochrie.  He had a great loan period at Dunfermline and if he can't therefore rise to the occasion there he won't anywhere.  I still rate him, but chances of being with us next season have got to be limited for him and he needs to show that he is capable of keeping a journeyman like Tilson out of the team.

I agree but it will be 4-4-2 Tilson in CM im afraid 

I actually think Mochrie will be off next season, if he cant get a start in the championship why would he stay? He broke into the U21s while at Dunfermline so can see him going there. Goodman seems to rate glass and prob even meekison higher

Last edited by dufc2019 (09/11/2023 4:39 pm)

09/11/2023 11:08 pm  #11

Watching Goodwin DUTV interview think it'll be journeyman Tillson for Doc and Grimshaw RB.
Glad hes no rushing players back in.

10/11/2023 2:56 pm  #12

My team for tonight (if all fit):

--------------------Walton----------------
Grimshaw Gallacher Holt McMann
------------Sibbald Docherty-----------
----Fotheringham Watt Middleton---
------------------Moult--------------------

Tilson or Glass to replace Doc if he's injured and Freeman to replace Grimshaw if he is still out.

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

10/11/2023 6:08 pm  #13

Same side as last week apart from Grimshaw replacing Freeman.

Tilson has been fine and done the job that has been asked of him.

More of the same and hopefully this week we have our shooting boots on again.

Steak Bridies yee ha.

10/11/2023 9:42 pm  #14

Watching on the TV this week, nightmare.

Who is this wank commentating for the BBC beside Michael Stewart?

Good first 45.

Last edited by CCX2 2010 (10/11/2023 9:42 pm)

10/11/2023 9:58 pm  #15

Commentator is called AL Lamont apparently.

Looks like mehmet is injured after the collision with Moult and Dunfermline are bringing on a sub goalie

10/11/2023 11:16 pm  #16

A very frustrating second 45, sloppy passing, poor touches, bad decision making, incorrect footwear and wasteful with the multiple chances created.

Two weeks in a row we have passed a ton of decent chances and we're fortunate that the opposition goalies had a night to forget.

That said, great resilience shown again from the lads to dig in and get another 3 points.

Thought Gallagher had a night to forget in particular,  I noticed last week that he tried to win every single ball. It just not possible,  just stand up and stop diving in all the time.

Grimshaw, Moult and Holt weren't great either but super Jack saved the day. Top class keeper and one we should be looking to extend his stay.

Mom for me was Sibbald again,  kept it ticking over and plays like a real captain with that armband on. Takes the ball anywhere and drives the team forward.

Have a great weekend Arabs.

11/11/2023 12:58 am  #17

We didn't play as well as we can but I still felt we deserved the 3points.  They got their tactics correct in playing 2 up front to deny our CBs time on the ball.
We missed Docherty to take the ball and link the play.
Plenty of the team worked hard Sibbald & Middleton were decent but Mcmann M.O.M for he always adds some much needed aggression.
JG must be getting close to accepting that Mochrie is a better player than Glass.

11/11/2023 1:08 am  #18

We were out of sorts tonight, but showed great resilience to grind out what in the end was a BIG away win.

Walton - Very solid as ever and a couple of good saves - 7/10

Grimshaw - We missed him at RB. Solid display and tried to get forward when he could - 7/10

Gallagher - Not his best display tonight. Will let him off with the slip for their equaliser as that is purely accidental, but some sloppy moments tonight and lucky that Dunfermline free kick never went in near the end after his reckless challenge in a dangerous area - 5/10

Holt - Solid as fuck, as per. A rock in the last 5 minutes. - 7/10

McMann - My MotM. Solid at thae back and got forward to great effect with some very good crosses. A strong contender for Utd's POTY, so far. - 8/10

Sibbald - Very solid display once again by our most underappreciated player. Had a hard job with no real CM partner beside him. - 7/10

Tillson - Watched this guy very closely tonight. Never looked for the ball. Whenever it came near him he just points to another player as if to indicate 'give it to him'. Like playing with 10 men. A complete fraud. End the loan early in January - 1/10

Fotheringham - Not always great in possession and at times makes the wrong decision when in good possession, but what i like about young Kai is he doesn't let it affect him and constantly wants the ball. The complete antithesis of Jordan Tillson in that regard. Deserved his goal just for being a pest and trying to get on the end of things. Out of nowhere he has became a goal scorer. Never seen that coming tbh- 6/10

Middleton - I find Middleton a frustrating player i must confess. At times he can be superb when he is running at the opposition and put in some good deliveries once again. At other times he is wasteful in possession and makes poor decisions (much like Fotheringham on the other wing). One of our better players on the night however, but really needs to start adding some goals to his game. - 7/10

Watt - Pretty anonymous all night until he was subbed off. Back to his slow, ponderous worst. - 4/10

Moult - One of his worst games for Utd. Could and should have had a hat-trick and him missing those 3 great chances made it a tougher night than it should have been. To be fair to him he continues to get in good positions and is a guy who always seems to give 100% - 6/10

Subs -

Glass - 'OK' when he came on - 5/10

Cudjoe - Pretty poor when he came on i thought and was pretty much hiding out on the wing. Did play his part in the winner though with his one moment of magic. The one and only time he cut in from wide- 5/10

Mochrie - Thought he done really well when he came on, and in fact it was the start of us starting to dictate the game again when it was previously running away from us. Clever movement and drop of his shoulder for his/our winner. This lad has been at Utd 5 years and never really had much of a chance. I do hope he gets more minutes from hence forth. Tonight has to be a starting point for him. Long overdue.

11/11/2023 1:23 am  #19

Stillliving wrote:

JG must be getting close to accepting that Mochrie is a better player than Glass.

Both are certainly better than Jordan Tillson.

I'd be delighted if he could acknowledge that first and foremost.

11/11/2023 2:38 am  #20

11/11/2023 10:01 am  #21

Thought half the team weren’t at their best last night so to come away with 3 points is a great result. Also thought Kai was poor and deserved to be replaced but Mathew was poor when he came on but a goal and an assist so can’t really complain.
Can’t see any arguments about why Jordan and Tony can start before Chris and Declan.

11/11/2023 10:47 am  #22

Tek wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

Both are certainly better than Jordan Tillson.

I'd be delighted if he could acknowledge that first and foremost.

JG plays 2 sitting CDMs. Mochrie and Glass IMO are looking to take Watts position.
I would play mochrie in front of Docherty & Sibbald.if all fit

Having to play Tilson shows a lack of depth in the squad.he is certainly a player who is only effective when the opposition have the ball.
After we scored the 2nd last night it was the perfect time to make a few changes and slow the game down but there was no options at all.

11/11/2023 11:29 am  #23

Stillliving wrote:

We didn't play as well as we can but I still felt we deserved the 3points. They got their tactics correct in playing 2 up front to deny our CBs time on the ball.
We missed Docherty to take the ball and link the play.
Plenty of the team worked hard Sibbald & Middleton were decent but Mcmann M.O.M for he always adds some much needed aggression.

He has pace which Glass most certainly has not and also I think a lot of people forget he's 3 years younger at 20 so only going to get better

11/11/2023 11:44 am  #24

Dinna ken if meh teeth were chattering last night coz it was Baltic or fae nerves. End to end stuff ah night.

Crackin shot beh Grimshaw that gave Fothery the chance to score.

TBH we ye, Dunfermline are probably the best opposition performance Ehv seen this Season, IMO of course. But thank phuck McPake's extra leg never
did them much good.

Glass and Mochrie comin on seemed to gee us the lift we needed.

A few nearies, fae Moult etc. Ane beh Middleton that went wide shoulda been cutback to Cudjoe or Moult.

We fehv minutes to go, Eh kent that we'd sit back efter goin ahaed we the 2nd. Abody roondaboot sayed the same. Brilliance fae Mochrie.

Oh Eh and well done to the choirboys fir liftin the atmosphere.

MOTM for me Sibbald.

12/11/2023 1:16 pm  #25

Thought McMann and Grimshaw were our 2 MOTM candidates.

Board footera