Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

17/10/2023 11:56 pm  #26

Re: 100 years of Dundee United

Tek wrote:

As our Centenary celebrations are imminent a week on Friday against Arbroath, i thought i'd post this.

Now forgive the team, but this is what i would love to see Utd do a week on Friday.

Bring out all our heroes from the 70s, 80s, 90s and on wards...Individually, so they all get the cheer they deserve.

Just imagine the likes of Graeme Payne, Andy Rolland, Hamish, Narey, Malpas, Kevin Gallacher, Big Dunc, Olofsson, Billy Dodds etc etc all coming out one after another. Tannadice would be bedlam.

I'd also love a huge picture of them at the reception area with the photographer looking down on them from the stairs. Would be a photo for the generations.

Would be good to have the old players for a proper round of applause, not just the 83 legends, but imagine the reception for the likes of big Kjell and co.

Also we should do a friendly with a decent size club or a legends match or something like that. Five pound tickets, get the place full

18/10/2023 2:59 am  #27

motherwellarab wrote:

Tek wrote:

As our Centenary celebrations are imminent a week on Friday against Arbroath, i thought i'd post this.

Now forgive the team, but this is what i would love to see Utd do a week on Friday.

Bring out all our heroes from the 70s, 80s, 90s and on wards...Individually, so they all get the cheer they deserve.

Just imagine the likes of Graeme Payne, Andy Rolland, Hamish, Narey, Malpas, Kevin Gallacher, Big Dunc, Olofsson, Billy Dodds etc etc all coming out one after another. Tannadice would be bedlam.

I'd also love a huge picture of them at the reception area with the photographer looking down on them from the stairs. Would be a photo for the generations.

Agreed be great to get goodie swanson Conway etc as well from 2010 cup winning team

Brewster, Jim McIntyre, Charlie Miller, Barry Robson, Jon Daly, Andy Webster.

As i said, Tannadice would be at fever pitch.

18/10/2023 7:00 am  #28

Some other names from my time following united

John Clark, Kevin Gallagher, Iain Ferguson, Jim McInally, Brian Welsh, Erik Pederson, Kjell, Morgaro Gomis

It would also be a nice touch if some of the McLean family were there.

24/10/2023 8:11 pm  #29

Smart kit we will be wearing on Friday. Pity it’s not going to be for sale.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/8091/UNITED-FOR-100-YEARS--ANNIVERSARY-KIT.html

24/10/2023 8:17 pm  #30

100 year strip.

Potential to be stunning but is it see through?

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

24/10/2023 9:01 pm  #31

Always prefer the Terrors to turn out in Tangerine.

25/10/2023 12:07 am  #32

Arabs seem to be going nuts for this 100 year strip.

Personally i'm disappointed. It's just a plain white polo shirt. Doesn't even look brilliant white. Looks like it's faded, like something in the wash has made it a bit greyish. The sponsor and badge pop-up more white, so maybe it's intentional.

But i'm not a fan.

Big opportunity missed imo for a heritage kit that would have been a proper nod to the past (like the kit Hearts produced this season). The Errea logo and current Utd badge in no way indicate it's a retro top.

25/10/2023 9:27 am  #33

Tek wrote:

Arabs seem to be going nuts for this 100 year strip.

Personally i'm disappointed. It's just a plain white polo shirt. Doesn't even look brilliant white. Looks like it's faded, like something in the wash has made it a bit greyish. The sponsor and badge pop-up more white, so maybe it's intentional.

But i'm not a fan.

Big opportunity missed imo for a heritage kit that would have been a proper nod to the past (like the kit Hearts produced this season). The Errea logo and current Utd badge in no way indicate it's a retro top.

Agreed.  An opportunity missed.  Don't see any point in such a limited edition that only a handful of people can buy.  TBH I think this years away strip should have been more of a 100 year effort (black and white).  Not a big fan of the green one.  To be fair the 1923 strip was a buttoned collared shirt, but I think the HoM approach is better.

25/10/2023 10:13 pm  #34

5 v 0
Wear it every week

Board footera