Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/9/2023 10:29 pm  #26

Re: Utd v Morton - 16th September

Rick Dagless wrote:

I don't think the moans about Watt are unjustified, he's scored 5 goals for us. Moults on that many already and he's played what half a dozen games? Piss poor for a striker. He slows up everything.

Imo, both need dropped for a reality check. But neither will happen next week due to reluctance from Goodwin and Cudjoes red.
However, if we’re 5 up with 5 to go next week and they get sent off it could be the biggest blessing in disguise for everyone.

KTF

17/9/2023 12:53 am  #27

KdyArab wrote:

People moan about Watt (unfairly IMO).

That's a helluva take IMO.

50 Utd appearances
5 Goals

A 1 in 10 ratio for a boy on 5k a week.

Been played everywhere across the attacking line LW, CF. No10, RW you name it.

Offers fuck all and constantly slows our play down (has done from day one).

Ridiculous he is not only getting a starting jersey but was today our Captain.

Goodwin's complete reluctance to sign Strikers (or any type of attacking players for that matter) will cost us dearly, i fear.

17/9/2023 1:10 pm  #28

KdyArab wrote:

People moan about Watt (unfairly IMO) but Glenn Middleton needs to get so far to fuck and when he gets there get so far to fuck again.

As for people clapping Cudjoe off and singing his name what an embarrassment. Boy cost us.

Agree with every word. Good to know there’s other Arabs from my hometown.

17/9/2023 2:30 pm  #29

Just seen the sending off on Twitter, fucking disgrace from the morton player. We should be demanding answers for that and the missed pen.

Last edited by RogerTheAlien (17/9/2023 2:30 pm)

17/9/2023 2:59 pm  #30

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Just seen the sending off on Twitter, fucking disgrace from the morton player. We should be demanding answers for that and the missed pen.

Seen it and disagree. Red all day long. Showed his immaturity and made the people clapping and singing his name as he went down the tunnel look totally stupid.

17/9/2023 3:22 pm  #31

KdyArab wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Seen it and disagree. Red all day long. Showed his immaturity and made the people clapping and singing his name as he went down the tunnel look totally stupid.

https://twitter.com/spflwatch/status/1703398778454077831?s=46&t=op8F56z3ZdHXqYf5_N4mGA I’m not sure how it’s even a freekick to Morton let alone a sending off

KTF

17/9/2023 10:09 pm  #32

GFL wrote:

KdyArab wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

https://twitter.com/spflwatch/status/1703398778454077831?s=46&t=op8F56z3ZdHXqYf5_N4mGA I’m not sure how it’s even a freekick to Morton let alone a sending off

https://x.com/freedo9862/status/1703441437784740007?s=46&t=YhSb9CzVx4fdtttFXj8Qkw
100% red. No need for the boy to act the way he does but will be a complete waste of money appealing.

17/9/2023 10:27 pm  #33

Calum Waters their No 6 was all over Cudjoe from the start, I saw them coming together a couple of times early on and thought something was up. I was right, It was an Imrie tactic & I'm sfraid to say it worked to a tee for them.

17/9/2023 10:48 pm  #34

A disgraceful piece of play acting from the Morton player to get Cudjoe sent off. I hope Utd appeal it.

We are already ridiculously short on attacking players without losing him for the next two matches.

17/9/2023 11:42 pm  #35

United Arab Emarite wrote:

Calum Waters their No 6 was all over Cudjoe from the start, I saw them coming together a couple of times early on and thought something was up. I was right, It was an Imrie tactic & I'm sfraid to say it worked to a tee for them.

This.

It was nailed on from early on, the young guy showed his inexperience by getting involved.

It's part of the game unfortunately and hopefully Cudjoe learns a bit from this. They targeted him for a reason.

No point in appealing as they will never overturn this.

The linesman must have xray vision to have seen that.🤔

18/9/2023 12:55 am  #36

CCX2 2010 wrote:

United Arab Emarite wrote:

This.

It was nailed on from early on, the young guy showed his inexperience by getting involved.

It's part of the game unfortunately and hopefully Cudjoe learns a bit from this. They targeted him for a reason.

No point in appealing as they will never overturn this.

The linesman must have xray vision to have seen that.🤔

I'd argue that it didn't work for them. They were trying to provoke Cudjoe into retaliating, and had been since the start of the game. He wasn't retaliating and I think they were getting frustrated, so they went to plan B, which was just straight out cheating. Cudjoe pushed himself up and got on with the game after that challenge, like he had every other time - he didn't get involved. Their boy had his head at waist height and made sure there was some contact with Cudjoe's arm as Cudjoe got up. LotG say "strike or attempt to strike an opponent" and that is not what happened there. Not sure what else Cudjoe was meant to do there, but "contact" is not a red.

I agree there is a good chance that we would lose an appeal - not because the red card decision was correct, but because the cheats at the SFA look after their own. I still haven't forgotten Ryan Edwards' red at Tynecastle last season.

We must appeal it, though. It's a horrific decision.

18/9/2023 7:26 am  #37

Cudjoe was very quite on Saturday @ Canadian and there were a few instances where he got fouled after the ball had gone ( early doors).

You could see what the Morton players game was early doors, and my feeling at the game, was that it was coming. They had a few others rolling about acting like they were shot.

Ref/linesman bought it unfortunately but its a waste of time appealing as you say look at Ryan Edwards last season.👍

18/9/2023 8:34 am  #38

Tangerine tinted specs on here.

It's just a pity that the same Lino-wino never thought to mention the foul on Cudjoe, that brought him doon in the 1st place.

Last edited by Billy_Hainey (18/9/2023 8:35 am)

18/9/2023 9:15 am  #39

Again, thought we started off purposely then seemed to sit right off it again after we scored.  Want to see us go for the jugular in every game, especially when we score early on.

We really need to learn to deal with teams coming to Tannadice and trying to frustrate us.

I honestly don't think they would have scored had it not been for that fuck up between Walton and Gallagher, can't be too harsh on them though as both have been excellent so far.

Was raging with Cudjoe on Saturday but seeing it back now, that's been a really harsh red card.

Last edited by SlatefordArab (18/9/2023 9:20 am)

18/9/2023 9:34 am  #40

Most disappointing is we lowered ourselves to Morton’s standard by getting involved. Jim should’ve got it changed up.

18/9/2023 10:10 am  #41

Ignoring the the original foul to bring him down, whilst I don't think it is a red card for Cudjoe I can see why it was given.  Bear in mind that it was viewed in real time without the benefit of multiple replays.  I doubt that we will be successful if we appeal.

Like it or not, United are the big fish in this league and we will be seen as a prize scalp for other teams to take.  Being the big team, we should predominantly be controlling the tempo of the game and not constantly adjusting our game to suit the other teams.  I appreciate this isn't always possible, but we did it vs Ayr and we should have done so against Morton.

Saturday was very bland and we have to do better.

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

18/9/2023 12:14 pm  #42

I really hope the next time we play them we have Docherty, Sibbald and Tillson on the park and give them the battle they crave.

18/9/2023 2:50 pm  #43

Shedtastic wrote:

I really hope the next time we play them we have Docherty, Sibbald and Tillson on the park and give them the battle they crave.

Why? That's what they want, they want us to do that because they can't beat us at football.

We need yo be more streetwise as Roger says above they brought us down to their level.

18/9/2023 4:47 pm  #44

Okay just let them bully us, that seems to work fine.

18/9/2023 8:35 pm  #45

Shedtastic wrote:

Okay just let them bully us, that seems to work fine.

There's a world of difference between not getting bullied and turning the game into a battle.

Granted the first thing every player needs to win their individual battle on the park but let's not get dragged down to their level.

We will come up against this every week this season,  time wasting, play acting and general shite housery.  11 men on the field and we win most weeks from what I've seen so far. 👍

18/9/2023 9:01 pm  #46

Just watched the highlights there.

United have to challenge the red for a couple of reasons

1) cudjoe did absolutely nothing wrong AFTER being fouled
2) the linesman gives the red card - he calls the ref over, after the ref has no reaction having been closer AND at a better angle. The referee team can only give a card for something they have SEEN and from the angle he saw it, it's unlikely he saw elbow to face, hand to face or whatever. He just saw a reaction from the morton player. Again, if you don't see it, you can't give it.

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

18/9/2023 10:03 pm  #47

Just looking again at GFL's post #35 I cannot see how Cudjoe could have done anything other than brushing the Morton boys face as he got up. If you've seen Watt's Vlog the laddie Cudjoe is painfully shy and hasnae a bad bane in hes body. To me Morton boy should have been off for simulation.
The ref was a weak twat that caved under pressure from Morton bench..

On the ref, about 25 in I'm thinking this is a good ref - plays advantage, lets the game flow.  As it went on it became free rein for Morton to niggle niggle  knowing they'd get away with it. Until surprise surprise they got exactly what they'd been after.

On the game, just glad Moult got through it Ok.  Surely Walton's call.  Middleton's a good yard off the pace, he's got a good understanding with McCann though which ends up in McCann being a far more effective wing back than what Middleton is a winger. Sibbald should have been on 10 or 20 mins earlier and how much much longer tae Docherty's back ?   .... Oh and how much longer does Goodwin afford to keep playing Watt, is Watt captain because he's a bit ae a joker in the changing room or what ? - Get Fotheringham in.

Game should ae been put tae bed earlier and when we play shite we shouldn't get dragged into playing shite - easier said than done when ref's weak as piss.

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (18/9/2023 10:10 pm)

18/9/2023 10:28 pm  #48

A shite ref & some ‘anti football’ tactics shouldn’t stop us getting more than 1/2 shots on target vs Morton at home.

As soon as we can choose 2 CMs from Sibbald / Docherty / Tillson, I’d play Glass in Watts current position. IMO we’d see an instant difference

19/9/2023 6:35 am  #49

MockChop wrote:

A shite ref & some ‘anti football’ tactics shouldn’t stop us getting more than 1/2 shots on target vs Morton at home.

As soon as we can choose 2 CMs from Sibbald / Docherty / Tillson, I’d play Glass in Watts current position. IMO we’d see an instant difference

100% agree. Fotheringham in for Middleton too.

Too much commotion

19/9/2023 5:04 pm  #50

Board footera