Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/9/2023 3:42 pm  #1

Singing section

Thoughts on the singing section on Saturday?

For me I really hope this takes off, anything the encourages young folk to get behind the team should be applauded.

The drum and megaphone weren't as prominent as what I though but I have never been in the "anti drum" camp.

Seen that JG said the gave the team a lift.

It's a thumbs up from me 👍

04/9/2023 3:52 pm  #2

Re: Singing section

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Thoughts on the singing section on Saturday?

For me I really hope this takes off, anything the encourages young folk to get behind the team should be applauded.

The drum and megaphone weren't as prominent as what I though but I have never been in the "anti drum" camp.

Seen that JG said the gave the team a lift.

It's a thumbs up from me 👍

Agreed, it's a young team thing for me but anything that makes the day more enjoyable and encourages them and maybe their mates to come along while.supporting their team isn't a bad thing

04/9/2023 4:36 pm  #3

The drum is just the latest thing to make a racket at a football match.

If you watch any games from the 50s era the auld wife's are twirling em cracker hings, in the 80s and early 90s we were blasting air horns, in the 00s its was that blasted nuisance of a thing The vouvozela (think that's how it's spelt) and now it's a drum.

Great to see the enthusiasm from the young team and hopefully it grows on the aulder fans around on them.

Last edited by CCX2 2010 (04/9/2023 4:38 pm)

04/9/2023 4:49 pm  #4

I'm in the anti-drum camp........

But hear me out, it's because of how it's been used by other teams fans, someone just  battering it for 90 mins like Rangers or Celtic fans do and it very quickly becomes annoying.

On Saturday I feel the guys got the mix right, use it to start a chant/keep one going, but didn't just use it for using its sake.

So whilst I don't think i'll ever be dressing like a ninja and donning a skinny tie like scarf (which I really hope they don't do) I'm on board with it being a thing.

Ask me again though when we've frozen our arses off in the middle of winter in some shithole for a gruelling 0-0 and the drummer has sat /stood right behind me

One thing that might be an issue is the megaphone, the guy in charge of might want to watch his language, a lot of chants have swearing in them, that goes for every supports repertoire, but there was a chorus of "What the fucking hell is that?" on Saturday where he started the chant and he was very audible, that might attract attention if it happens again.

Especially if they're promoting getting the younger fans onboard and involved.

Last edited by David_Blunkett (04/9/2023 8:34 pm)

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

04/9/2023 4:53 pm  #5

I loved it.   We badly need some atmosphere in Tannadice.  Well done to all involved.  Just don't start wearing all he same gear like all these other losers at other clubs.   

04/9/2023 7:35 pm  #6

David_Blunkett wrote:

One thing that might be an issue is the megaphone, the guy in charge of might want to watch his language, a lot of chants have swearing in them, that goes for every supports repertoire, but there was a chorus of "What the fucking hell is that?" on Saturday where he stared the chant and he was very audible, that might attract attention if it happens again.

Especially if they're promoting getting the younger fans onboard and involved.

The game we won at Fir Park in April, the Stewards/Polis went into the Motherwell Bois end to take the mega phone off them for that exact thing.

05/9/2023 9:05 pm  #7

Though the boys did a brah joab. Good on them.

Last edited by Billy_Hainey (05/9/2023 9:05 pm)

07/9/2023 2:27 am  #8

If you watch any games from the 50s era the auld wife's are twirling em cracker hings

They were called football rattles. Banned in the 70s due to people using them as weapons 😂 

It's not where you're from it's where you're at.

07/9/2023 9:55 am  #9

japanarab wrote:

If you watch any games from the 50s era the auld wife's are twirling em cracker hings

They were called football rattles. Banned in the 70s due to people using them as weapons 😂 

Mind oe them japanarab. I never had ain, but ain oe my mates did. Twa wheels it had IIRC. Some racket aff it.

Last edited by Billy_Hainey (07/9/2023 9:56 am)

07/9/2023 10:25 am  #10

I’m just about 10/15 seats along from the section and i thought it was excellent. Even the George fox were singing. We don’t need the ground bouncing 24/7 but a bit more atmosphere will improve fan experience and will give the players an extra boost.

Last edited by RogerTheAlien (07/9/2023 10:25 am)

Board footera