Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/5/2020 12:02 pm  #101

Re: The Dode Fox podcast

Luggy, what can you say, what a man, what a laddie .   So many memories and the Forfar testimonial, total crackup.    Great.
Keep em coming lads.
+ Talking about Finn Dossing - what a player he was.  Great poacher and never saw him miss a sitter once.

11/5/2020 8:40 pm  #102

Cheers for the kind words, very much appreciated. Luggy is indeed some boy!

Hopefully you guys enjoy the Andy Gray interview too.

18/5/2020 3:12 pm  #103

Todays episode is my favourite so far, superb listening to them!

18/5/2020 3:52 pm  #104

Outstanding episode. So many great wee stories and insights into the current squad.

One thing Butcher discussed was about his first spell at the club...

- He was the one that suggested the move to Centre Mid - not Jackie. This was something I always thought Jackie had seen in him.

- He DIDNT want to leave. Again, I understood that he wanted to move back down south but apparently not.

So that summer, Jackie got rid of Keith Watson and Calum Butcher. He also let Fojut leave and signed Durnan and Donaldson as his replacements. He didn't sign an experienced keeper and he deemed Rodney Sneijder and Darko Bodul as suitable additions to the club.

MY WORD

18/5/2020 4:18 pm  #105

LarsErikKjell wrote:

Outstanding episode. So many great wee stories and insights into the current squad.

- He was the one that suggested the move to Centre Mid - not Jackie. This was something I always thought Jackie had seen in him.

- He DIDNT want to leave. Again, I understood that he wanted to move back down south but apparently not.

So that summer, Jackie got rid of Keith Watson and Calum Butcher. He also let Fojut leave and signed Durnan and Donaldson as his replacements. He didn't sign an experienced keeper and he deemed Rodney Sneijder and Darko Bodul as suitable additions to the club.

MY WORD

He let Keith Watson go in the January window. Same week as Conor Townsend. So let go of both of our (perfectly adequate) full backs. So he could sign his pal Ryan McGowan.

Subsequently signed Paul Dixon too but that was more a knee jerk appeasement signing after we sold the family silver to Celtic on transfer deadline day.

18/5/2020 4:41 pm  #106

Tek wrote:

LarsErikKjell wrote:

MY WORD

He let Keith Watson go in the January window. Same week as Conor Townsend. So let go of both of our (perfectly adequate) full backs. So he could sign his pal Ryan McGowan.

Subsequently signed Paul Dixon too but that was more a knee jerk appeasement signing after we sold the family silver to Celtic on transfer deadline day.

As regards signing 'pals' another bad McNamara example was Mark Wilson's return to us.
That's all I'll say cos I respect Mark Wilson.

But what an old pals act and what a waste of ****ing money

18/5/2020 4:50 pm  #107

smedDUm wrote:

Tek wrote:

LarsErikKjell wrote:

MY WORD

As regards signing 'pals' another bad McNamara example was Mark Wilson's return to us.
That's all I'll say cos I respect Mark Wilson.

But what an old pals act and what a waste of ****ing money

Agreed SmedZ.

Wilson was totally finished when he played for us that 2nd time.

Knees were knackered. He could barely run.

That was one of the first alarm bells i had about Jackie tbh because he kept persisting with Wilson at RB even though his errors were costing us goals.

18/5/2020 6:06 pm  #108

Tek wrote:

LarsErikKjell wrote:

MY WORD

Im sure Keith went on loan to hibs in the Jan then his contract wasnt renewed in the summer? Either way, still horrific.

18/5/2020 9:14 pm  #109

LarsErikKjell wrote:

Tek wrote:

LarsErikKjell wrote:

MY WORD

Im sure Keith went on loan to hibs in the Jan then his contract wasnt renewed in the summer? Either way, still horrific.

Well that is what happened. We are getting our wires crossed here.

I just meant he let him go from Utd (essentially) in the January as there was no way back for Watson after his loan to Hibs.

You meant he literally left Utd in the Summer as in no longer a Utd employee. Which is correct.

18/5/2020 9:33 pm  #110

Tek wrote:

LarsErikKjell wrote:

Tek wrote:

Well that is what happened. We are getting our wires crossed here.

I just meant he let him go from Utd (essentially) in the January as there was no way back for Watson after his loan to Hibs.

You meant he literally left Utd in the Summer as in no longer a Utd employee. Which is correct.

Yeah, you have to wonder how that 2015/16 season might have started if we still had Watson, Butcher and Fojut in the squad.

01/6/2020 10:11 am  #111

Danny Swanson on this week's Podcast with a terrifying exclusive...

He wanted to come back to United in the summer of 2018. Willo Flood is his agent so he contacted the club. Mike Martin was happy with it.

But Laszlo didnt want him.

And turned him down as he wanted to sign...

Yannick Loemba

Fucking

WOW

Edit to say: another brilliant podcast as always and well worth a listen!

Last edited by LarsErikKjell (01/6/2020 2:44 pm)

01/6/2020 2:43 pm  #112

Brilliant show and a very enjoyable listen.

Well done lads.

20/7/2020 12:50 pm  #113

Well worth a listen again today, big Welsh speaks my fuckin language.

27/7/2020 11:02 am  #114

And outstanding interview from a week or so back with Micky Mellon on the Podcast today. Essential listening for all Arabs.

27/7/2020 7:06 pm  #115

I've heard a few of these 1st Interviews with managers and I know it all comes down to results but Mr Mellon sounds like the sort of man you would want to play for

29/7/2020 1:59 am  #116

Just listened to the Mickey Mellon interview.

Very good indeed.

Loved his line 'I say to the players, don't go into this game with any doubts or fear...i remind them 'We are Dundee Utd'.

I'm para-phrasing slightly, perhaps. But  loved that line. That is my outlook for the club and always has been.

05/8/2023 8:08 pm  #117

Well done to the lads of tye dode fox podcast. Sure like many, I'm a long term listener now but just worked my way through episode 200.

Firstly, amazing they got jim mcinally on... he and mo were my big hero's as a kid. He had some amazing stories but more than anything else. I absolutely loved his willingness to tell the truth and give his opinion. Too often folk in the public eye are so scared to say anything remotely controversial.... this was so refreshing without him bad mouthing anybody. Think I love Jim more than I did before. I'd love to see him in a role at Tannadice whether it's the footballing side or somewhere behind the scenes.

Well done Paul and Ronnie for the best (by far) football podcast I listen to

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

02/9/2023 12:53 am  #118

The lads are up for an award at the British podcast awards.

I just gave them my vote - doesn't take long. Give them your support.

https://www.britishpodcastawards.com/voting

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

02/9/2023 8:10 am  #119

Just voted.

Paul and Ronnie are brilliant. Passionate, articulate, funny, and they under estimate their football knowledge.

02/9/2023 9:11 am  #120

Just voted as well, takes less than a minute.  The two guys do a great job.

02/9/2023 10:31 am  #121

Done, as Snacks says it takes less than a minute.

The Jimmy Mac episode recently was fuckin outstanding.

Keep up the good work lads.

Board footera