Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26/7/2023 4:18 pm  #1

Away strip

Are we not planning to play anyone with a potential strip clash this season or are our commercial team still gash?  Discuss.

26/7/2023 4:44 pm  #2

Re: Away strip

Reckon it's a cert that we'll wear the away strip on Saturday down at Carlisle and it'll be released on Monday when people have been paid. This will have been done deliberately to maximise sales of the home strip then try and encourage people to part with dough for the away strip when they feel a bit more flush.

Some would say this is good business, others would say it's a cynical way of exploiting punters.

Too much commotion

26/7/2023 5:02 pm  #3

Was quite surprised with the amount of folk rushing to buy the home top so early.

Especially as so many were saying they'll be taking the season ticket rebate. Would've thought it would make sense to hold off a few weeks.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

26/7/2023 10:31 pm  #4

Normally wear an away kit when we play at Gayfield so I'm guessing it'll be unveiled in the next few days

26/7/2023 11:57 pm  #5

Green..

27/7/2023 9:06 am  #6

Good shout mockchop, video just released on social media, green top with a white V on it

Pricing is same as last season, still very expensive when united fans have given so much support to the club recently

Last edited by kiwiarab (27/7/2023 9:14 am)

27/7/2023 9:12 am  #7

Big fan of the new kit - really clean look. Errea have done well with the kit and training wear thus far!!

27/7/2023 11:01 am  #8

Not a fan of green kits.  Our away should be predominantly white/black/mixture of the two.  It perpetuates connotations of which side of the sectarian divide we sit on and, frankly, we could do without that. 

27/7/2023 11:06 am  #9

Love it

27/7/2023 11:09 am  #10

Don't like green either and won't be buying.

Strip (design) looks OK i just don't like the colour, would much prefer our traditional black and white.

27/7/2023 11:59 am  #11

Finn Seemann wrote:

Not a fan of green kits.  Our away should be predominantly white/black/mixture of the two.  It perpetuates connotations of which side of the sectarian divide we sit on and, frankly, we could do without that. 

To you it does. I just see a green shirt

27/7/2023 12:33 pm  #12

Finn Seemann wrote:

Well Rangers hate us anyway so no change there. I've never known sectarianism to be issue outwith the ugly sisters on the west coast.

Green kits are in our history so I've no issue with us having them as an away kit from time to time. That being said on first impressions I'm not a massive of fan of it, not keen on the big white V. It might well grow on me when I see it in person.

Last edited by Rick Dagless (27/7/2023 12:33 pm)

27/7/2023 1:07 pm  #13

MockChop wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

To you it does. I just see a green shirt

No, so do I.  My point is that it perpetuates connotations.  Other people will see it in a sectarian light.  I'd rather just avoid it.  

27/7/2023 1:10 pm  #14

Rick Dagless wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

Well Rangers hate us anyway so no change there. I've never known sectarianism to be issue outwith the ugly sisters on the west coast.

Green kits are in our history so I've no issue with us having them as an away kit from time to time. That being said on first impressions I'm not a massive of fan of it, not keen on the big white V. It might well grow on me when I see it in person.

Really!  Unfortunately that is just not true.  Granted they are the primary issue but it goes way beyond Glasgow and the west coast.  I'd rather we just avoided the connotations.

27/7/2023 1:11 pm  #15

Like it or not it's part of our clubs history and it shouldn't be airbrushed away because of what some knuckle draggers think or assume.

27/7/2023 1:14 pm  #16

Can’t change history to suit

27/7/2023 1:16 pm  #17

Finn Seemann wrote:

Rick Dagless wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

Really!  Unfortunately that is just not true.  Granted they are the primary issue but it goes way beyond Glasgow and the west coast.  I'd rather we just avoided the connotations.

I'm not saying it's never existed(DCT, "Catholics need not apply") but it's miniscule compared to the west coast especially in this day and age.

It's a colour that's part of our history, I really don't see what the problem is.

I remember all these same moans when we had green kits previously.

27/7/2023 1:23 pm  #18

Noticed they have called it the Heritage Kit does that mean there will be another more standard away kit still to come out?

27/7/2023 1:35 pm  #19

Lancashire-Arab wrote:

Noticed they have called it the Heritage Kit does that mean there will be another more standard away kit still to come out?

No the current trend is to give kits names other than "home" or "away" these days.

That being said it would not surprise me if we get a third kit later in the season.

27/7/2023 1:40 pm  #20

Shedtastic wrote:

Like it or not it's part of our clubs history and it shouldn't be airbrushed away because of what some knuckle draggers think or assume.

That's what they say.

27/7/2023 1:42 pm  #21

Rick Dagless wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

Rick Dagless wrote:

I'm not saying it's never existed(DCT, "Catholics need not apply") but it's miniscule compared to the west coast especially in this day and age.

It's a colour that's part of our history, I really don't see what the problem is.

I remember all these same moans when we had green kits previously.

Just my opinion that we should avoid and for the reason given.  We know the context some will take it in.

27/7/2023 1:42 pm  #22

Rick Dagless wrote:

Lancashire-Arab wrote:

No the current trend is to give kits names other than "home" or "away" these days.

That being said it would not surprise me if we get a third kit later in the season.

True, was looking at the Middlesbrough site who are supplied by Errea and they have released a first and 3rd kit with a 2nd still to be announced - thought we might be the same.

27/7/2023 1:44 pm  #23

Rick Dagless wrote:

Lancashire-Arab wrote:

Yip, most other teams have already released their third strip.  No doubt ours will be out just after Christmas.

27/7/2023 2:05 pm  #24

Think the new kit is a cracker. Love a green kit tbh. Glad we never went down the Plymouth Argyle "Tangergreen" route from a few years ago though 

27/7/2023 2:29 pm  #25

I think those who have a problem with the colour of our heritage kit are using it as yet another stick to beat the club with.

If someone else links the colour with religious connotations, that is their problem and their hatred shining through.

If that logic was applied to everything else in life you wouldn't be able to use any colour as I reckon if you look hard enough, you could link them all to some form of ass-holery by simple minded morons.

Last edited by Macho Man (27/7/2023 2:29 pm)

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

Board footera