Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30/6/2023 4:07 pm  #176

Re: Rebuilding United in the Championship

MockChop wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

Alan temple saying on his podcast, our top goalkeeper target is foreign, narrows it down!

Crocombe?

No, he plays abroad he said.

30/6/2023 7:04 pm  #177

JerryDungle wrote:

MockChop wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

Alan temple saying on his podcast, our top goalkeeper target is foreign, narrows it down!

Crocombe?

No, he plays abroad he said.

Just signed for burton and correct he did say was abroad

30/6/2023 10:42 pm  #178

Talking with my son about what strikers are available and would come to Utd and wouldn't be surprised if Jim goes with young Rory as his main striker as I can't see Mark abandoning his plan and would need Rory playing and scoring goals as he looks like the only saleable asset we have coming through.
Hope I'm wrong.

30/6/2023 11:49 pm  #179

BMT wrote:

Talking with my son about what strikers are available and would come to Utd and wouldn't be surprised if Jim goes with young Rory as his main striker as I can't see Mark abandoning his plan and would need Rory playing and scoring goals as he looks like the only saleable asset we have coming through.
Hope I'm wrong.

Strikers that I would love us to look at (out of contract)

Sam Smith (26), nope not the fat "them" singer, this Sam Smith has played for Cambridge United for the past 2 seasons, scores goals and creates chances. Good player.

Or on loan:
Mykola Kukharevych (21) Ukrainian, on loan at Hibs last season from Troyes. Good player, hell of a left peg on him.

01/7/2023 10:49 am  #180

I'd be surprised if we aren't looking st the Irish market again. 1 which united have had some success with as has Goodwin.

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

01/7/2023 11:17 am  #181

Tangy wrote:

I'd be surprised if we aren't looking st the Irish market again. 1 which united have had some success with as has Goodwin.

Was thinking that the other day.

Seen Danny Rodgers ex Aberdeen and Killie goalie is a free agent in November, wouldn’t mind a move for him.

02/7/2023 8:23 pm  #182

The keeper we're looking at apparently is Lovre Rogic (Croatian keeper). Couldn't tell you what he is like, have never seen him play.

02/7/2023 10:03 pm  #183

Hibs apparently offering boy melkerson in levitt deal, rumour on twitter

03/7/2023 7:46 am  #184

SuperMario wrote:

god i hope not

03/7/2023 10:51 am  #185

dufc2019 wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

god i hope not

We need a proper experienced striker, not a raw kid.

Thankfully the boy McKirdy will be on big money, so they won't offer him.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

03/7/2023 4:36 pm  #186

Brian Schwake, keeper (just left Livi and was on loan at Morton last season).

Seen his named linked with us on Twitter. 21 years old and American.

03/7/2023 4:54 pm  #187

Why is the Aussie still here and why is Goodwin letting him play?

03/7/2023 5:44 pm  #188

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Brian Schwake, keeper (just left Livi and was on loan at Morton last season).

Seen his named linked with us on Twitter. 21 years old and American.

We've already got a 21 year old keeper.

03/7/2023 6:29 pm  #189

Apparently United are interested in Croatian keeper Lovre Rogic.

He was at Croatian side Sibenik last season.

03/7/2023 6:46 pm  #190

Danzaa wrote:

He's under contract, we can't just rip that up and we either need someone to buy him or hope he takes a cut price payoff.

The way Goodwin put it across in the Federation AGM, from the way I read it, he's definitely looking to sign another keeper, so if he was happy with or Newman as 1st choice, he wouldn't even be looking.

And I suppose until the keeper is in the door we might be in a position where we have no choice but to play him.

03/7/2023 7:23 pm  #191

David_Blunkett wrote:

Danzaa wrote:

He's under contract, we can't just rip that up and we either need someone to buy him or hope he takes a cut price payoff.

The way Goodwin put it across in the Federation AGM, from the way I read it, he's definitely looking to sign another keeper, so if he was happy with or Newman as 1st choice, he wouldn't even be looking.

And I suppose until the keeper is in the door we might be in a position where we have no choice but to play him.

Or,of course, he wants a keeper to play no 2 to Newman as he doesn't want to go with the 18 yo. Not that it would make any sense to run with just 2 keepers anyway

03/7/2023 7:27 pm  #192

Arab99 wrote:

David_Blunkett wrote:

Danzaa wrote:

Or,of course, he wants a keeper to play no 2 to Newman as he doesn't want to go with the 18 yo. Not that it would make any sense to run with just 2 keepers anyway

I don't think Newman is ready to be our no1, but i'd have him in a heartbeat over the alternative, if the worst case scenario plays out.

03/7/2023 10:41 pm  #193

Daily record saying we want Christian Doidge as part of the Levitt deal.

03/7/2023 10:55 pm  #194

KTF

03/7/2023 11:15 pm  #195

Levitt is going, that's a given.

Not convinced at all that this is the best option out there, but look at some of the top goalscorers of last season in the championship.

McKay/Graham/Murray all players that weren't good enough for us years ago that most of us wouldn't want back, but exactly what's needed for this league.

There might be absolutely nothing in this, but you don't have to be a super striker if the service is right to notch 15 goals in this league.

Fuck knows, but I guess from reading that article it looks like it's us that's suggesting Doidge, I'd rather have him than the young lad Hibs have seemingly offered.

04/7/2023 12:01 am  #196

David_Blunkett wrote:

Well, that's one to get the fans moist.

Just what we're after though, a striker who doesn't score a lot of goals.

Cut and paste from when we signed Fletcher.

Bet Jessica Fletcher would've buried some of the sitters he missed.

04/7/2023 2:28 am  #197

We need an experienced keeper first and foremost. Someone that will Marshall the defence and get them playing as a unit—that hopefully doesn’t include Mulgrew who is as slow as a weekend in bell street these days which leads to last ditch tackles resulting in PKs and reds. Carson would fit the bill but a bit injury prone. Hopefully if it’s the Croat that’s mentioned, he speaks english well. 

It's not where you're from it's where you're at.

04/7/2023 4:55 am  #198

Doidge would be a reasonable signing in the Championship if he is beside a pacy, nippy Striker/s.

If it was him and Watt up front we might possibly have the slowest front two in WORLD FOOTBALL. Please, no.

And let's not pair him up with a kid either who's not long since turned 17.

Sign some fucking Strikers, Utd.

Goals win games. Winning games wins leagues.

04/7/2023 8:43 am  #199

Tek wrote:

Doidge would be a reasonable signing in the Championship if he is beside a pacy, nippy Striker/s.

If it was him and Watt up front we might possibly have the slowest front two in WORLD FOOTBALL. Please, no.

And let's not pair him up with a kid either who's not long since turned 17.

Sign some fucking Strikers, Utd.

Goals win games. Winning games wins leagues.

going by pre season looks like it will be 4-3-3 so will need a certain type of striker, Mcload wont be able to do the job

Defo need a Goalkeeper and a RCB

Last edited by dufc2019 (04/7/2023 8:44 am)

04/7/2023 12:07 pm  #200

I don't mind Doidge, he always gave United problems, not just last year when our defence was shite . . . The few before that when it was passable.

I'd still want cash on top of him plus a massive sell on clause.

Board footera