Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29/6/2023 12:16 am  #1

David Goodwillie

Has joined Twitter and left the below statement.

29/6/2023 12:26 am  #2

Re: David Goodwillie

Very curious to what's he's going to say tomorrow

29/6/2023 12:38 am  #3

Gonna be some fall-out from this.

Barry Bannan already getting dogs abuse on Twitter for backing Goodwillie.

29/6/2023 1:30 am  #4

I’m surprised teams take him on to then bin him a few days/weeks later. They didn’t know his situation or were hoping it’d be accepted? Doesn’t really matter what he says, it’ll follow him to his grave. Waste of a talent. 

It's not where you're from it's where you're at.

29/6/2023 6:28 am  #5

People were saying he should go on James English’s podcast. Never really listened to it before but i would for this.

29/6/2023 7:48 am  #6

Should be interesting. I had some sympathy for him after the whole Raith Rovers move. I felt that the FM being actively involved in a bit of the hounding that followed him was very dodgy.

With this said, I would question why he's waited so long if he was convinced he was in the right.

29/6/2023 10:02 am  #7

Morphman wrote:

Should be interesting. I had some sympathy for him after the whole Raith Rovers move. I felt that the FM being actively involved in a bit of the hounding that followed him was very dodgy.

With this said, I would question why he's waited so long if he was convinced he was in the right.

What happened with that whole Raith episode never sat well with me. Sturgeon piling on because of her mate Val. The backlash from Clyde and the Council their piling on him(even though they were happy to sponsor Clyde when he was playing for him)

He's no criminal conviction so he should put his side across if he believes it will help his case, but I doubt minds will be changed in the court of public opinion.

But like you say Morph, why not say something sooner?

Last edited by Rick Dagless (29/6/2023 10:13 am)

29/6/2023 6:15 pm  #8

Glasgow is tangerine wrote:

Very curious to what's he's going to say tomorrow

Sorry would be a start.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

29/6/2023 6:20 pm  #9

The judge that presided over the civil case, quite a respected, experienced in these matters type fella, after reviewing all the evidence and taking witness statements and testimonies called him a rapist.

The details of which can be read online, now rape under the definition he was 'charged' under isn't someone jumping out the bushes and dragging the victim away.

They took advantage of an extremely drunk lassie, a lassie they said they would put in or see home in a taxi, if I remember correctly.

She wasn't in a position to give consent, so that's rape.

That's the law, we, you, I might think that isn't the best way but it's the law.

I believe a lot of the  uproar is over the fact he's never apologised, they never paid the damages and it looked like he only planned to move to a bigger league once his period of bankruptcy ended and the time for paying damages had passed.

Even if he still maintains his innocence, he could've said "I'll fight to clear my name, I reluctantly accept the ruling and pay damages, but this isn't the end of this!"

No he and his co-accused did the cunty thing.

They offered to settle out of court before the evidence was even heard. They actually offered her more than she was awarded. But money wasn't her motivation.

She wanted her attackers punished.

This might not sit well with a lot of my fellow fans, but fuck the pair of them.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

29/6/2023 7:51 pm  #10

I have no idea why the CPS didn’t choose to pursue this. I do have a legal background and it is very simple: If someone is incapacitated by alcohol or drugs, they cannot give consent. Three witness confirmed that the complainer was so drunk, she required hospital treatment. At best Goodwillie was reckless as to whether she could consent or more likely he was indifferent to the issue.

Someone should have advised him that he needed to show contrition and ideally reform. Any attempt to give his side of the story will backfire

Board footera