Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/5/2023 7:56 am  #1

Will he be handsome? Will he be pretty?..

Answer is I don't know but another chapter in the crazy world of being an Arab beckons.

Time will tell if lessons have been learnt and lets hope so but the hard work starts now.

Going with Jim may not be a popular decision but given circumstances, the most sensible option. It's been done quickly and appointing the very person who had to pick a starting line up from a bunch of soft wasters should in theory mean he knows who he wants rid of - a long list for various reasons - and more importantly who he needs to bring in.
The obvious bonus is we now have someone who can be held to account both for the recruitment of the players on the pitch and the style we play.
Having inherited a squad of players with recruitment decisions being dictated by others then I believe this is something our last few coaches and us the fans have not been able to say.
Asghar set us back years and we're all hoping this is the start of a true recovery with solid foundations.
A few separate stages over next few years, no 1 being to unite the whole club and fans and get our identity back. 2 being to get enough points for promotion, 3 to stay up when we do and 4 to finally kick on.

Jury is out if Jim will be there for all 4 but I'm willing to wipe the slate and jump on for the ride however bumpy.
We now need to see our owner quickly making a proper statement of intent and get rid of all poison both playing and non playing staff and bring in better as getting momentum early is key, if it crashes early then we're fecked.
Strap yourselves in guys

19/7/2023 6:17 am  #2

Re: Will he be handsome? Will he be pretty?..

I need to invest in stronger restraints than straps, this is not going well at all !!

A bigger disconnect with the fans than before
Forget getting enough points for promotion, will this shower get enough to stay in this league
If going with what we now have is the statement of intent, then we are fucked

Whatever process Ogren told us to trust, I'm sure it didn't involve being shamed and embarrassed

Board footera