Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25/5/2023 2:47 am  #1

The depressingly inevitable Mark Ogren DUTV Interview

What questions would you really ask our owner if you were the interviewer?

25/5/2023 10:19 am  #2

Re: The depressingly inevitable Mark Ogren DUTV Interview

I'd like him to be asked if he is in it for the long haul or if he is looking to get out.

If he is in long-term then what's the plan to get us out of the shit show we find ourselves in and who at the club is going to be running things on a day-to-day basis.

25/5/2023 11:34 am  #3

Here's where I am
Intro
I blame Asghar entirely for the squad of coaches/managers/players assembled but Ogren had authorised and signed off on all thus he is totally accountable for the mess we're in.
Asghar spied an opportunity to make money, in this day and age being entrepreneurial is encouraged.
Asghar identified an owner who has been easily led and owner has bought into a plan to make money. Again nothing wrong with that.

So many faults but main one is clear and that is a finger pointing at Ogren for not properly checking what was needed to run a club and all that goes with it.
It would seem he has dabbled in owning a club and based this on a balance sheet over x seasons with no thought for contingencies.
If Ogren was suckered into believing Asghar had the credentials to deal with all hiring and firing without checking first then the buck stops with him and he needs to suck it up. He can't use his incompetence as reason to suck club dry, personally I don't think he would but never say never when cash is involved.
The turnover of managers/coaches has been shocking and the true reasons for this have been hidden. As it stands it would appear Ogren has simply allowed Asghar free reign to hire & fire. Again I feel Ogren has took too much of a backseat with only listening to Asghar's rationale. It may be that Ogren spoke to some of the players/ coaching/staff who were in Asghar's hipper for this feedback but more should have been done by Ogren to understand full reasoning behind managers etc moving on.

Moving on to recruitment and the jury is out on whether Asghar truly viewed this as a project to make himself/his croonies money or make the club successful.
Given the evidence of the results coupled with the playing staff having a game of musical chairs with the bench/going to other clubs, it would seem that making the club successful was seen as a distant 2nd on the list..

From Mellon to Goodwin the football on show has by and large been shocking. This is despite the odd glitterball moment of 1st few seasons back in premiership.
To gauge success from league positions is important but so is making sure that the product on display pleases both staff and customers. Asghar failed on both, again under Ogren's approval.

The customers are annoyed and embarrassed but no feck has been given.
Thus a total reset is needed, if Ogren is the man then he needs to suck it up and get real football staff including players in, if he won't then he needs to quickly pass it over to someone who will without causing further pain.

25/5/2023 11:44 am  #4

Hopefully there’s a new takeover in place before we ever need to speak to these cunt again.

The Ogren’s time is up at Tannadice, get fucked and sell the club asap.

25/5/2023 12:27 pm  #5

Ogren is as much to blame as TA. 

Ok he was led down the garden path a bit, however he allowed someone with no real experience of being a sporting director to run a club and at no point seemed to question anything he did and allowed him to run up debt, go through managers, build an academy with 50 coaches and 0 output etc we all could go on.

25/5/2023 12:35 pm  #6

Disagree with everyone regarding him being took for a ride.

The man is a multi millionaire, he’s not stupid in that regard. Also, of his 365 days a year at least 335 of them are spent in the USA. If he cared that much about United he’d be over here more and would’ve took on more interest.

25/5/2023 1:37 pm  #7

I’d bring up the fact that he made his fortune in other arenas, but has let himself he duped by a conman (Asghar) and that he was almost in business with another conman (the golf course fiasco)

And put it to him that he is either extremely naive with his money or is complicit in it all. I’d finish that either are unacceptable and would strongly suggest he cuts his losses, invites bids for the club and takes what’s on offer.

Then he can go back & run a baseball team or whatever

25/5/2023 2:24 pm  #8

He clearly fell short on his due diligence looking into how many football teams in Scotland or the wider UK actually made a profit. 

He thought the model he was sold would work and that's on him no one else!

Last edited by Lancashire-Arab (25/5/2023 2:26 pm)

25/5/2023 2:56 pm  #9

Is there relegation clauses in every contract signed at the club?

25/5/2023 6:06 pm  #10

Tek wrote:

What questions would you really ask our owner if you were the interviewer?

I'd start with "arite prick? Believe the fans now about Fat Tony aye? Fuck off back to supporting hockey, prick".

Last edited by Arab87 (25/5/2023 6:07 pm)

25/5/2023 9:30 pm  #11

When he, Asghar, Fox et al repeatedly told fans to 'trust the process' last season, could he explain what 'the process' actually is????

And, should we still trust it?

Last edited by lifesanocean (26/5/2023 6:31 am)

Too much commotion

Board footera