Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13/3/2023 11:47 pm  #1

Utd vs St.Mirren - Saturday 18th March

What team and formation for this weekends huge home game?

15/3/2023 1:39 pm  #2

Re: Utd vs St.Mirren - Saturday 18th March

Birighitti

Smith
Ayina
Mulgrew
McMann

Djoum
Sibbald

Middleton
McGrath
Behich

Fletcher

Thought we looked a lot better with Behich higher up the pitch, if middleton isn’t fit then get Fotheringham in.

We need a win, no 3/5 at the back.

16/3/2023 7:22 am  #3

Birighitti
Smith Edwards mulgrew mcmann
Harkes sibbald
Fotheringham/Middleton McGrath behich
Fletcher

16/3/2023 8:36 am  #4

We need a change from players giving us constant tragic periods to someone to give us moments of magic.
I am scraping the bottom if the desperation barrel I know but can only see this coming from Pawlett.

The running of this club has been a disgrace, it's not a case of can Goodwin lift this shambles, he has to.
If we are to survive this is the last chance saloon to get the win that will build both momentum and confidence

16/3/2023 9:25 pm  #5

ST mirren game presser with Jim.

Pawlett back in the squad Danzaa.

One other thing for anyone that was up at Dingwall the other week, obvious at the time that Middleton wasn't in any fit condition to be playing. Thanks again to that incompetent clown Fox he's out for a prolonged period.

17/3/2023 12:42 pm  #6

Middleton still not available according to Goodwin. So, my team tomorrow would be -

........................Birighitti............
..........Ayina....Edwards...Mulgrew.....
Smith......................................Behich.
......Harkes.....McGrath...Sibbald....
..................Fletcher...Anaku....

Subs - Newman, Freeman, McMann, Djoum
Fotheringham, Pawlett, Niskanen, Graham, MacLeod

18/3/2023 12:22 pm  #7

CCX2 2010 wrote:

ST mirren game presser with Jim.

Pawlett back in the squad Danzaa.

One other thing for anyone that was up at Dingwall the other week, obvious at the time that Middleton wasn't in any fit condition to be playing. Thanks again to that incompetent clown Fox he's out for a prolonged period.

He speaks well. Irrespective of whether we stay up or not, I like this guy. He could have just been a BBC rent a gob until the end of the season, but, he took on a challenge. He is not scared of being accountable.

It’s such a relief not to hear vacuous mantras repeated every week from a mere puppet.

18/3/2023 6:21 pm  #8

Disappointed not to win as we had a couple of great chances during the 12mins of stoppage time.
Overall though a draw was a fair result.
It's not over yet as there is a bit (still not enough though ) of fight in the team.
Aniya MoM.

18/3/2023 7:58 pm  #9

We do seem to have a bit more fight and desire but we’re really lacking in quality.  Fletcher is on a different level from every other player in the team but he’s also 36 and struggles to play for 90 minutes.  Behich is decent going forward and I think Ayina could become a decent centre half in time.  The rest are average at best.

We do have a chance of staying up but we need to start grinding out wins.

18/3/2023 9:00 pm  #10

That was a roller coaster of a game today, lots of highs and lows, some really scary shit, bits when I thought we were hanging by our fingertips.

Great goal from the big fella today and was our best player a country mile .

Thought the guys looked like they had been coached for the first time this season, we definitely has a bit of shape and we kept it simple at the back.

I think that Jim will by now have worked out why we are bottom, some of our guys are very limited ability wise. That what we have got and that's no fault clearly on Goodwins behalf and that lies at the feet of that fraud Ashgar.

Only one way we will get our of this is by rolling up our sleeves and fighting for every point. Goodwin has certainly managed to get them pulling for each other which is a start.

Hopefully get some of the injured players back, Middleton and Levitt could be the difference.

Finally that fucken ref, absolutely hopeless. Never a pen and I thought at the time he should have sent off the defender when  he pushed Aziz in the face when running towards goal.

18/3/2023 9:26 pm  #11

Seek that we never won the day. We coulda and we shoulda.

What a brah start. Goal within 3 mins. Anybody ken wha it was that got the ba to Fletcher?

Never thought the 1 goal was ever gonna be enough. Think ah chunt was thinking the same.

Thought that Cuntis Main was a dehvin chunt when he went doon. There was a delay before the Ref blew. (That was meh 1st real bad impression oe the Ref) Then there was an even langger delay before the var chunts made their minds up.

Too many missed opportunities during the gehm. We shoulda had another 3 in the last 5 mins. Behich our the tap.. Niskanen missed twice. Kai Fothery hits the post.

Eh underestimated that lad Ayina. Eh thought he made far too many backpasses and square passes against the Johnnies. His first 3 touches the day were back to the keeper. But he's a brah header oe the ba. Think he saved us 3 or 4 times in the box the day. So good on him.

Agree we what CCX sayed aboot the Ref. A totally hapless hopeless chunt.

MOTM for me Behich.

18/3/2023 10:19 pm  #12

Thought big Ayina was solid today, wouldn’t mind getting him back for the championship next season if we go down. Missed the goal and just seen it there, cracking finish. First 20 i enjoyed the tempo, last 25 it died down. If we scored a 2nd game was over.

Second half they deserved their equaliser (even though the cunt threw himself over). How var never overturned that i’ll never know. The only time we played well in the 2nd half was at the end. We should’ve scored at least 1, Immi is fucking stinking.

Jim Goodwin screaming from the sidelines and trying to set us up with a little dynamic, if this was done after we lost at Killie on February 1st and it would’ve given Goodwin another 3 games, i reckon he could’ve turned us around.

19/3/2023 2:34 am  #13

Was a bit of a gutter today not to win, particularly as their pen was absolute bullshit.

But that is 3 games in a row under Goodwin where there has been a tangible difference in attitude, tactics and fight. And took points from two of them whilst missing players like Levitt, Middleton, Mulgrew, Pawlett, Anaku etc etc.

If we can get these players back and hopefully sign a Striker next week then we have a chance.

I was against the Goodwin appointment, but he is impressing me so far.

19/3/2023 3:51 pm  #14

Thought the first 20/25 minutes was excellent then we kinda fell out it.  Second half we seemed content just sitting back, letting St. Mirren having the ba and just punting it up to Fletcher when we got it back.  

The pen... fuck me, I honestly find it unreal that a professional ref gives it in the first place then VAR take about 4 minutes to then confirm that. un.fucking.real. 

Board footera