Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/11/2022 6:29 am  #1

Celtic vs Utd - Saturday 5th November

Not far off 30 years to the day since we won at this hellhole.

Just please get in their faces and have an actual go Utd. What the fuck do we have to lose?

We lose, we're still bottom and no-one's surprised in the slightest. May as well at least have a proper go and try and give the fans something to cheer about, even if it's just a 'goal' or an 'improved performance'.

Please, just every player give us 100% this time. You owe us all that, after the last game against them.

04/11/2022 8:56 am  #2

Re: Celtic vs Utd - Saturday 5th November

Liam Fox has a hell of a lot to lose. The gap in talent, fitness,will to win..... between the 2 sides is probably as wide as its ever been.
Any attempt to 'have a go' could easily see another 9-0.
Would Fox survive that?

04/11/2022 10:22 am  #3

Although I believe the 9 - 0 was a freak result and unlikely to be repeated we still have a soft defensive underbelly that has not been fixed fully.  You only need to look at the goals conceded against St Mirren and Motherwell to see that.

That indicates the manager doesnt see it as a problem or we dont have the players at the club to fully address the issue.

04/11/2022 10:22 am  #4

Sad days that I'd consider anything under 4 to be a good result against this lot away from home.  It's a big test of Fox.  He's got to be able to get a team that can be tight at the back or we're screwed.  First choice, which keeper?  I don't envy him.  Asghar and previous managers have given him a box of spanners to work with.  Even Guardiola would struggle to get a functioning team out of that lot.  Recruitment is the real reason we are pants, that and the manager isn't very good himself (although to be fair to him, still learning).  Let's see if he has learned enough to make us even a little bit competitive tomorrow.  Fingers crossed.

04/11/2022 4:25 pm  #5

We go three at the back tomorrow we will get overrun down the sides and it could be whatever Celtic want it to be.

We need to play 4-5-1 and defend for our lives.

We really can't be doing with another hammering but sadly I can't see us avoiding it.

Confidence must be really low at the minute after three defeats in a row to really shite teams so a change in formation and try something else is required.

04/11/2022 4:28 pm  #6

CCX2 2010 wrote:

We go three at the back tomorrow we will get overrun down the sides and it could be whatever Celtic want it to be.

We need to play 4-5-1 and defend for our lives.

We really can't be doing with another hammering but sadly I can't see us avoiding it.

Confidence must be really low at the minute after three defeats in a row to really shite teams so a change in formation and try something else is required.

What was the definition of 'idiot' again.  Something about doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.  Fully expect to be a back three....

04/11/2022 8:14 pm  #7

I think 5 or 6-0

04/11/2022 8:17 pm  #8

Expecting the worst.

Hoping for a season defining miracle.

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (04/11/2022 8:18 pm)

04/11/2022 9:00 pm  #9

I think 4 - 0 to them. There is little expectation of the players. I think Fox should focus on collective improvement rather than the result. What he should avoid is putting the players under additional pressure.

05/11/2022 1:49 am  #10

How many did we concede last time from them coming down the sides(the gap between center halves and full back)? Looking at the last three games we have done nothing to improve that. Can see another absolute humping. 7 or 8 at least. 

It's not where you're from it's where you're at.

05/11/2022 6:01 pm  #11

Raging.

How the fuck can we not deal with crosses, it’s a complete and utter fucking shambles, virtually every goal we concede is from a cross, sort it out fox FFS

Why is Ross Graham sitting on the bench? Bin the 5 at the back it’s fucking rank

The goalies are pish

Levitt should never have been dropped, only player who can keep the ball for us

Doomed.

05/11/2022 6:59 pm  #12

Wisna at the gehm, just saw bits oe it on hesgoal, so just afterthoughts.

Considering what we thought they score might be.......

Looked like for a few minutes we were getting a point there, for which Eh woulda bit my wife's erse. But no. They lucky b@stards get a break.

Can we no defend crosses? The keeper looks like he flumped it. We'd be better aff we a Koala bear.

However, how is it we canna score against the Well at hame, but can get twa against the minks at Parkdaed.

Every gehm is must phuckin win fae now on.

Last edited by Billy_Hainey (05/11/2022 7:02 pm)

06/11/2022 12:44 am  #13

Thought we were good in spells today.

But our inability to defend cross balls and these Goalkeepers (both of them) are gonna resign us to relegation, unless there is a dramatic turnaround post-World Cup. Which will only come about if we have a good January window. As we simply don't have the players to dig us out of this hole.

We've only won about 5 league games this entire calendar year. It's just nowhere near good enough.

The character is fragile too. Grabbing a (rather fortutious) equaliser in the 88th minute should have given everyone the impetus to really dig in and earn a huge point away from home or even go on and try and register our first away win all season (and first there in 30 years).

But, as per, we pathetically succumb to defeat. Without hardly touching the ball post equaliser.

That's a character failure. We badly need a leader or two in that side.

06/11/2022 1:01 am  #14

That 3rd celtic goal, 2 utd players pointing at the goalscorer before he makes his run, both expecting the other to mark him. Unbelievable!

Spotted the danger but did nothing to stop it....

06/11/2022 6:41 am  #15

dufcrule wrote:

That 3rd celtic goal, 2 utd players pointing at the goalscorer before he makes his run, both expecting the other to mark him. Unbelievable!

I noticed that as well , who were the two players ?

06/11/2022 9:58 am  #16

United Arab Emarite wrote:

BMT wrote:

dufcrule wrote:

I noticed that as well , who were the two players ?

Yeah, they picked it up on Sportscene, it was pretty blatant.

'You get him'! 'No, you get him'!

Middleton to the right of Furuhashi, Meekison to the left.

Not good enough at this level.  Thought all the subs did well when they came on but if we can’t do the basics when defending a corner we’ve no chance.  Killie are a huge threat at set pieces as well so fear yet more of the same on Wednesday.

06/11/2022 11:07 am  #17

United Arab Emarite wrote:

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Wisna at the gehm, just saw bits oe it on hesgoal, so just afterthoughts.

Considering what we thought they score might be.......

Looked like for a few minutes we were getting a point there, for which Eh woulda bit my wife's erse. But no. They lucky b@stards get a break.

Can we no defend crosses? The keeper looks like he flumped it. We'd be better aff we a Koala bear.

However, how is it we canna score against the Well at hame, but can get twa against the minks at Parkdaed.

Every gehm is must phuckin win fae now on.

Most goals in football come from crosses do they not Billy, we are not unique?

We are unique. We're sitting at the bottom we 9 points fae 14 gehms. And that's partly coz we canna defend crosses.

06/11/2022 11:09 am  #18

Tek wrote:

Thought we were good in spells today.

But our inability to defend cross balls and these Goalkeepers (both of them) are gonna resign us to relegation..........

Correcta-phuckin-moondo.

06/11/2022 6:39 pm  #19

Had a glimmer of hope at 2 each but then our soft under belly exposed again.

WTF do we work on at the so called 'High Performance Centre' if not trying to strengthen the weaknesses that every team sees in us.

I didnt expect us to take anything from the game but it is really starting to frustrate that there seems to be no change, no increase in effort.

I dont like singling player out for my vitriol but if i never see Ian Harkes in a united Jersey again i wont be upset 
- He wont tackle - not saying he cant but seems to never want to challenge or stick a foot in even a 50-50,
- Cant jump to win a header and shits it when challenged by another player
- Never takes ownership - will happily play a ball to an a team mate who is surrounded than take ownership
- seems to play the ball backwards about 90% of the time
- Never closes a player down - happy to stand off and let them play
- Rarely seems to break into a sprint even after losing the ball, always seems to jog
hate laying into one of our own players but he is just pi$$ing me off everytime i see him play

Last edited by Lancashire-Arab (07/11/2022 11:39 am)

06/11/2022 9:52 pm  #20

The goalkeeper situation needs addressed urgently. Both our goalkeepers are gifting at least a goal a game and clearly give no confidence to the players in front of them. Neither of them are the required standard. International Caps or not

The club need to have plans in place to get a keeper with experience in this league or England at the beginning of the window, not pissing about until deadline day but coming in at the start of January because we can't continue to lose goals through keeper errors every week.

07/11/2022 3:54 am  #21

Rick Dagless wrote:

The goalkeeper situation needs addressed urgently. Both our goalkeepers are gifting at least a goal a game and clearly give no confidence to the players in front of them. Neither of them are the required standard. International Caps or not

The club need to have plans in place to get a keeper with experience in this league or England at the beginning of the window, not pissing about until deadline day but coming in at the start of January because we can't continue to lose goals through keeper errors every week.

When Edwards and the keeper got in a mix up and Birghtti went down injured, Edwards didna even check to see if he was ok at first. That speaks volumes to me about how valued the keeper is. If possible then he needs binned, Ericsson benched and a new experienced keeper brought in. A hard bastard in midfield desperately needed too. 

It's not where you're from it's where you're at.

07/11/2022 10:36 am  #22

Our weaknesses have been patent ever since the AZ game at home.  Even in that game the lack of a CDM of any value was glaringly obvious with huge gaps in front of our defence and Birighitti looked like a bombscare (and has gone on to be even worse than I thought then).

As I have said before this is down to recruitment.  It is a given that switching managers after 5 minutes has compounded that, but it is clear that the man with the cheque book doesn't know what he is doing and the man advising him is a charlatan of similar ilk.  Our club is screaming out for someone with a bit of nous and experience.  

Some boys seem to be thinking that Saturday was a decent performance.  I said in advance if we keep it under 4 it would be.  That's how low my expectations of this bunch are.  But we didn't, we shipped 4.  There is no team in the league (and probably the one below and the one below that) that we can ship 4 to and still take anything from the game.  At Parkhead or Ibrox there is no chance.

When will Ogren realise that the main problem is Asghar?

Last edited by Finn Seemann (07/11/2022 10:37 am)

Board footera