Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20/10/2022 3:41 pm  #1

Additional Coach

Admittedly I'm not always the most up to date with club events but when Fox and Crawford were announced it said there would be another coach added to the team I recall.  Has anyone seen any updates on this or any idea if it is still happening?

20/10/2022 4:11 pm  #2

Re: Additional Coach

Not been anything happened on that front. Strange. Dave Bowman has been helping out.

Too much commotion

21/10/2022 12:03 am  #3

Almost one month to the day since Tony Asghar said this.

21/10/2022 9:40 am  #4

It takes time and patience to secure the services of people of the quality of Stevie Crawford.

21/10/2022 10:21 am  #5

I don't have too much of an issue if Bowman and Grant are helping out 

24/10/2022 4:18 pm  #6

Tam Courts now available ?

25/10/2022 4:22 pm  #7

BMT wrote:

Tam Courts now available ?

aye, so  is Steven Gerrad and neil lennon

27/10/2022 1:53 pm  #8

01/11/2022 10:57 pm  #9

fucking paywall

02/11/2022 9:50 am  #10

Aye, cause it isn't as if getting someone who can actually coach the team would make a difference.

04/11/2022 10:28 am  #11

Given our last two results and performances it seems mad to delay the addition of an additional coach, bring them in before the world cup so they have time to work with the squad!

I hope I'm not alone in finding the communication about this baffling, why say we are adding another coach then announce the delay of  and additional coach - the only reason i can see would be they dont want to announce while the coach is under contract somewhere else as the other option is that the administrators at the club dont have a clue what they are doing.

04/11/2022 10:56 am  #12

Lancashire-Arab wrote:

Given our last two results and performances it seems mad to delay the addition of an additional coach, bring them in before the world cup so they have time to work with the squad!

I hope I'm not alone in finding the communication about this baffling, why say we are adding another coach then announce the delay of  and additional coach - the only reason i can see would be they dont want to announce while the coach is under contract somewhere else as the other option is that the administrators at the club dont have a clue what they are doing.

It will be the latter.  It's amateur hour up there.  We have a manager and assistant who just don't have the experience needed and a sensible experienced coach might make quite the difference, but those holding the purse-strings don't actually understand football.  Imagine putting the complex structure that you learned on your sporting directorship degree into place (at great cost) and it doesn't work.  Football must be wrong - couldn't be that your degree was pants? Could it?

This is the type of guy who puts his 'letters' after his name.  Nobody cares Tony it's about whether you can do your job or not.  My 'letters' are longer than my name, but I'd never use them.  People only care if you are any use or not.

05/11/2022 10:50 am  #13

Lancashire-Arab wrote:

Might be announced today, not sure that it'll go down well though

05/11/2022 11:06 am  #14

Charlie Mulgrew

07/11/2022 11:35 pm  #15

Snacks94 wrote:

Charlie Mulgrew

Might be in the minority but I actually really like this, honestly feel he’ll be our manager in the not so distant future

07/11/2022 11:45 pm  #16

Mulgrew.
May as well earn his keep.
Agree wi Mario re manager.  Suspect squad would have more of an ear to what he has to say right now,  never mind in future - and suits our promotion from within MO.

No doubt Fatarse Tony will fartarse around till 3rd/4th place playoff day of World Cup.

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (07/11/2022 11:54 pm)

08/11/2022 3:06 pm  #17

Good appointment. Played the game at the highest level, loved within the dressing room, and can be a general on the field.

Happy with this one.

08/11/2022 3:30 pm  #18

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Good appointment. Played the game at the highest level, loved within the dressing room, and can be a general on the field.

Happy with this one.

I was hopeful that we could have introduced a new voice that could have brought some new ideas to halt this shocker of a year that we have had to date.

Played at the highest level agreed but how do you know that he is loved within the dressing room?

I also would never in a million years have classed him as an on field general but someone who leads by his actions and not his words.

This is the cheap option.

08/11/2022 4:01 pm  #19

Another Fat Tony disciple appointment.  You actually couldn't make it up.  We need experience and a different point of view.  We appoint no experience and the boy who has apparently been calling the shots all season.  Are Mark Ogren and AU the only football 'fans' to fail to see what is going on here?

I hark back to Mr Mulgrew's decision to leave his kid in the car in a car park on a freezing day whilst Christmas shopping and wonder if this is the guy who is going to unlock all our problems...

Cheap is one criticism.  

08/11/2022 6:44 pm  #20

Finn Seemann wrote:

Another Fat Tony disciple appointment.  You actually couldn't make it up.  We need experience and a different point of view.  We appoint no experience and the boy who has apparently been calling the shots all season.  Are Mark Ogren and AU the only football 'fans' to fail to see what is going on here?

I hark back to Mr Mulgrew's decision to leave his kid in the car in a car park on a freezing day whilst Christmas shopping and wonder if this is the guy who is going to unlock all our problems...

Cheap is one criticism.  

I agree. You couldn’t make this up. So you have a manager who is being subjugated by a Sporting Director, who dances on the heads of pins when interviewed, now being sandwiched at the other end by a footballer who has played at every level, with a big personality and uncompromising views.

It reminds me of the David Steel puppet in Spitting Image.

So the scenario: if Fox can’t win any of the next 5 games, bring in the uncompromising, handsome, photogenic, quotable, experienced player to take over. Anything to take the attention off Asghar

In defence of Mulgrew it was Michelle Mone who called the Police (sorry law enforcement) when he, allegedly, left the child in the car.

09/11/2022 1:17 am  #21

Another cheap promotion from within. Peddling the same tired methods that have gotten us into this mess.

Guaranteed Mulgrew will be Head Coach by the end of the season.

09/11/2022 2:38 pm  #22

Tbf I'm pretty sure it's how we got mulgrew, fletcher and Pawlett to sign - the promise of moving them into coaching roles...so no surprise that it's happening

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

09/11/2022 2:38 pm  #23

Money question on this - is he picking up a player + coach salary now or is he just being paid for one of them that was in budget?  Hopefully this now frees up some wages to go out and sign a central defender or a ball winning midfielder in January.

In terms of who was appointed I would have liked someone with a track record of improving players but is that person out there and willing to work for us.  Not too disappointed with Mulgrew and agree with the sentiment on here that he is 100% nailed on to be our next head coach when the time comes.

10/11/2022 6:36 pm  #24

I might be making this up, but I am sure when Mulgrew signed, it was stated that he would take up a coaching role in the 2nd year of the contract?

10/11/2022 6:39 pm  #25

SlatefordArab wrote:

I might be making this up, but I am sure when Mulgrew signed, it was stated that he would take up a coaching role in the 2nd year of the contract?

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/news/dundee-united-set-to-sign-charlie-mulgrew-as-player-coach-deal-eyed/

Mulgrew will also have the role of helping guide young Dundee United players into the first-team environment at Tannadice. Given he will be 37 by the time a potential two-year deal comes to an end, United will also allow Mulgrew to build for the next stage of his career with coaching experience.

Board footera