Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08/1/2021 3:06 pm  #51

Re: Cobra Kai

Tek wrote:

Heard a few folk saying they found Series 3 'rushed' and 'disappointing'.

Personally, i really enjoyed it (again).

That last episode was fucking superb btw.

Thought the middle few were a bit of a waste of time...and a bunch was thrown at the last episode....but still enjoyed it a lot

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

10/12/2021 5:33 am  #52

Series 4 out on Hogmanay on Netflix.

30/12/2021 8:24 pm  #53

Most of the 1st episode of the new series has been leaked online. Johnny and Daniel's joint efforts at training are predictably disastrous

Too much commotion

03/1/2022 12:02 am  #54

Watched. Magic.

Too much commotion

03/1/2022 1:50 am  #55

Demolished Series 4 in a day.

Bringing in Terry Silver was a genius idea. He played his role so well, that by the end i almost felt sorry for Kreese (who Silver owes his life too and yet seemingly now resents that fact or in his mind 'debt').

This show is genuinely funny and the scenes where Johnny was training Larusso and the kids were genuinely funny. And i definitely laughed out much louder at the nickname 'Lapusso' than a man of my age should.

The character of 'Kenny' was such an interesting one in this Series. Your heart bled for him at the start, the way he seemed so innocent and sweet and the horrible bullying he was facing on and offline. I was rooting for him despite being Cobra Kai. But by the end he had became the bully and you get the feeling he could become a monster in Series 5. But will he see the light in time? This prequel after all, has became a great story of redemption.

Final thoughts.

Absolutely pumped for Series 5. 

Chozen teaming up with Larusso to take on Silver (and possibly Mike Barnes?) will be awesome. Wouldn't write off Team Eagle Fan flying under the radar next Series and swooping the overall title as Miguel returns and Devon's relentless competitive nature and karate skills develop turn her into a possible Champion. The continued development of Johnny as a Sensei and a man continues to be the most satisfying aspect of the entire show for me.

03/1/2022 9:03 am  #56

Not forgetting clear redemption arcs for Tori and Robby. They were the most interesting characters in the series. Wouldn't be surprised if Tori is preggers mind you. Reckon Robby did the deed in the front of the Ferrari. Big question is how will Sam take the news when she finds out she was cheated, no doubt either from her mum or Tori herself when she tries to reach out to her? Miguel's jealously of Robby might make him easy to manipulate as well. Thought Miguel was the least interesting character in this series but it was genuinely heartbreaking for him in episode 8. Do you get Coors Banquets in Scotland????

Too much commotion

04/1/2022 1:27 am  #57

A quick reminder why this thread is 4 years old now and a bunch of 40+ something guys are so obsessed with this show. This is a great watch.

05/1/2022 1:24 am  #58

Thought season 4 was tremendous. The Johnny training scene with the Rocky music was FAF. 

It's not where you're from it's where you're at.

05/1/2022 3:50 pm  #59

japanarab wrote:

Thought season 4 was tremendous. The Johnny training scene with the Rocky music was FAF. 

Laughed out loud at that bit. The eagle at the end signifying he had transcended to a higher level of badassery.

Too much commotion

06/1/2022 3:31 am  #60

Looks like Mike Barnes could be back for season 5. The actor has been posing on social media next to bonsai trees. 

11/9/2022 2:26 am  #61

Series 5 out now.

Gonna binge it today (Sunday).

11/9/2022 3:16 pm  #62

Just watched all ten episodes back to back. First few were a bit meh but thought from 6 onwards it was great--storyline a bit daft but still enjoyable. They're running out of people to bring back now and can't see a season 6 but you never know I guess.

15/9/2022 12:26 am  #63

Really enjoyed Series 5.

Yes, it's wildly over the top, yes it's cheesy as hell at times, but it's fun to watch and doesn't take itself too seriously as a show.

It's always had funny scenes and this series was no different.

The fight scenes in the final episode were superb.

15/9/2022 2:59 am  #64

Season 6 has been confirmed. I’m guessing it’ll be the last? Talk of a spin off show about Miyagi’s origin story which I’m not sure of. Mike Barnes when he look coked up was faf. 

Board footera