Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20/6/2022 5:35 pm  #51

Re: New Manager Thread

Welcome to Tannadice, Jack Ross. It's official now!

Without question, the best man to drive the club forward.

Last edited by AlwaysUnited (20/6/2022 5:35 pm)

20/6/2022 5:38 pm  #52

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Welcome to Tannadice, Jack Ross. It's official now!

Without question, the best man to drive the club forward.

For once I agree with you.  Good appointment.

20/6/2022 5:40 pm  #53

Happy with that.  Let’s get some players in now.

20/6/2022 5:40 pm  #54

Confirmed 2 year deal, fox and ashgar assistants

20/6/2022 5:43 pm  #55

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/7341/JACK-ROSS-APPOINTED-AS-DUNDEE-UNITED-HEAD-COACH.html

Chuffed we that. Welcome JR.

Last edited by Billy_Hainey (20/6/2022 5:43 pm)

20/6/2022 5:53 pm  #56

SuperMario wrote:

Confirmed 2 year deal, fox and ashgar assistants

Must admit, I'm glad we've kept the same backroom staff.

20/6/2022 5:58 pm  #57

it's official!

Last edited by Beardy23 (20/6/2022 5:59 pm)

20/6/2022 6:01 pm  #58

Great news, not often we get it right recruitment wise but on this occasion imo we have done.

Right Jack, nae time to waste let's get some players signed.

20/6/2022 6:30 pm  #59

Welcome to Tannadice Jack Ross.

Even pronounces us as Dundee United rather than Dindee United. A great start!

20/6/2022 6:57 pm  #60

Happy with the appointment

Too much commotion

20/6/2022 7:06 pm  #61

Excited by this, not many better we could’ve pulled in that were out of contract.

We must start with signings now.

20/6/2022 9:00 pm  #62

Welcome to United, JR.

Bit disappointed there is no 'free to view' club interview with the man to view tonight, given how many days we've all waited for it to be announced.

20/6/2022 9:25 pm  #63

I'll take that. Experienced head. Hopefully he fits with the vision.

Interesting to see if there's any quickfire signings or if Jr will have his own bots to take in 🤔

Movement at last

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

20/6/2022 9:58 pm  #64

In view of the lack of interview with JR for us to view tonight and get to know a bit more about the man and his footballing outlook. Here are some of his previous interviews.

I have to say, i was a bit indifferent to his appointment but two minutes into this interview below and i am agreeing with a helluva lot of what he is saying and liking it.

Part 2

Part 3 - A tactical breakdown of St.Mirren's 3-0 home win vs Utd in August 2017

20/6/2022 11:16 pm  #65

Thanks for those videos, adding them to my watchlist

20/6/2022 11:32 pm  #66

Yeah they were a good watch, cheers Tek 👍

21/6/2022 6:35 am  #67

Good one Tek.

Pleased with appointment.
Switched on guy, sharp and open football mind, good communicator, no one for sitting spouting cliches.

Edit - pleased to see he's not sitting in front of photo of that Cup Final.

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (21/6/2022 7:52 am)

21/6/2022 7:48 am  #68

Looks to be a good appointment,  a manager with a bit of experience and a point to prove.
Success or failure  all depends on the quality of signings he can make before the season starts.

21/6/2022 9:32 am  #69

The key to this is his relationship with Asghar.  I'm pleased that it has taken a couple of weeks to sort out.  That tends to suggest he has stood his ground with Tony and got a deal that he is happy with.  I don't see Ross taking the gig unless he's allowed to be his own man.  That may mean Tony has given a few concessions (or been made to by Ogren).  Let's see what the relationship brings, but if Tony allows him to get on with it and Ross has some level of success then we may just have stumbled across a winning formula and maybe I can lay off Asghar.

Last edited by Finn Seemann (21/6/2022 9:34 am)

21/6/2022 3:02 pm  #70

United Arab Emarite wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

The key to this is his relationship with Asghar.  I'm pleased that it has taken a couple of weeks to sort out.  That tends to suggest he has stood his ground with Tony and got a deal that he is happy with.  I don't see Ross taking the gig unless he's allowed to be his own man.  That may mean Tony has given a few concessions (or been made to by Ogren).  Let's see what the relationship brings, but if Tony allows him to get on with it and Ross has some level of success then we may just have stumbled across a winning formula and maybe I can lay off Asghar.

That's EXACTLY as I see it Finn.
I too am doing my best to lay off Asghar but the rumours keep flying.
Anyway it's the start of yet another chapter, an exciting one too.

is some reporter going to ask him what happened with the Neilson Compo ? or is that just water under the bridge now

21/6/2022 3:37 pm  #71

dufc2019 wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

is some reporter going to ask him what happened with the Neilson Compo ? or is that just water under the bridge now

Nope, the truth will come out there one way or another.

21/6/2022 3:58 pm  #72

dufc2019 wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

I don't think United fans are interested in granular contract details. Leave that to the men in suits, as fans we should be thrilled at the new manager and the potential for some huge new signings.

21/6/2022 4:13 pm  #73

AlwaysUnited wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

I don't think United fans are interested in granular contract details. Leave that to the men in suits, as fans we should be thrilled at the new manager and the potential for some huge new signings.

You dont think its an issue that potentially we have arsed up a contract which has cost us 300-400K?   ok then

21/6/2022 5:16 pm  #74

AlwaysUnited wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

Oh... I think you'll find they are.  Anyway this wouldn't be a granular contract detail.  It would be a major f*ck up.  As a man who mostly wears a suit to work, is it ok for me to question?  Condescending pr1ck.  

21/6/2022 5:17 pm  #75

dufc2019 wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

You dont think its an issue that potentially we have arsed up a contract which has cost us 300-400K?   ok then

No no, brush brush, sweep sweep, nothing to see here...

Last edited by Finn Seemann (21/6/2022 5:17 pm)

Board footera